MFGG Forums
A New Challenger Approaches! - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: A New Challenger Approaches! (/showthread.php?tid=2447)

A New Challenger Approaches! - Klug - 06-22-2020

[Image: cOdgbMu.gif]

Ha! Don't you think I'm actually making an INTRODUCTION thread, huh?! Is it a good idea to introduce myself? Well, that is. So, let's get into it! (Even though I'm new to this site, I don't want to have a five-sentences-long intro post, but, more importantly, I wanted to have a very long intro post to do this. I've joined this site few days ago and still don't know what to do.)

Well, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Kamek the Magikoopa, or you might know me as kamekku14 on reddit and on SMW Central. I am a long-time Nintendo fan (since forever!) and major video game nut. I'm also the guy who posts a lot of updates from Interwebz, calling myself as a "random netizen".

[Image: 293px-Location_Philippines_ASEAN.svg.png]
I hail from a somewhat-known Asian country known as the Philippines, right next to Japan and Indonesia. It's a small country I live here. Lots of greenery, whole lot of islands, the sunny weather, tasty food, tons of beaches (Yes, beaches!) and everything in between... This country is pretty much well-known than you think.

I may have an obsession to fan games, but I love playing ROM hacks, mainly the Super Mario World ones. Some of the examples include The Second Reality Project Reloaded, Bowser Rampages Again, The Hangover (nope, not the movie, but the hack based on the movie), Chaos CompleXX, test.smc, Super Mario World: The Crown Tale (a.k.a. the one with Bowsette in it), Super Mario Bros. 5 Reborn, New Super Mario World 1: The Twelve Magic Orbs, SMW Central's VLDC9 collab hack and rumor has it, 'the.
[Image: S5FBgjp.png][Image: zYEWcRX.png][Image: eoPsVGR.png]
[Image: mNrYfoS.png][Image: VU98p0p.png][Image: 8R8vcDj.png]
(clockwise from top-center to the right: TSRPR, test.smc, VLDC9, The Hangover, 'the and NSMW1:TTMO)

And I also love seeing custom SMW graphics, too! (Especially Kusamochi's spritework. Laughing)

Why did you just join the site? What's the reason?
Because I found out that MFGG now accepts not just ROM hacks but also content from other video game franchises rather than Mario (this site was used to be Mario-centric after all!). Some of them are from Sonic, some of them are from Bandai Namco's video game franchises, some of them are from Mega Man, even one of them is from Arc System Works! (Yes. Arc System Works, the company. Have you ever played BBTAG before? How about River City Girls? plz add Arle in BBTAG please)

I don't get it. Why did you chose your name to be Klug? Can you please tell me?
Fair enough. I got inspired by this guy here, whose username was named after a character from the Puyo Puyo series. I might do some research for the character, Klug, as well as his look and his bunch of catchphrases. (Real fact: Puyo Puyo was once started out as a spinoff to the Sorcery Saga series, that's why most of the Puyo characters were actually came from that game.)
[Image: HIhoXOq.png]
And don't know who the heck is Klug? Me neither.

Any questions?
Blah.

Aaaand that wraps up for my first thread! See y'all in the next few posts!

RE: A New Challenger Approaches! - VinnyVideo - 06-22-2020

Howdy! Welcome to MFGG - I'm glad you've made your way here!

We've had a couple of MFGGers from the Philippines over the years. My city has a fairly large population of people who came from your country, including my next-door neighbors in real life.

Also, nice job on the very detailed and visually-appealing introduction post!

RE: A New Challenger Approaches! - Hyper - 06-22-2020

Wow that's a very detailed introduction! Anyways welcome to MFGG!

RE: A New Challenger Approaches! - Rayyan - 07-13-2020

Hey! I'm also from a south-east Asian country!

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.