MFGG Forums
what are your favourite music tracks in gaming? - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: what are your favourite music tracks in gaming? (/showthread.php?tid=2452)

what are your favourite music tracks in gaming? - SilverVortex - 06-26-2020

something i don't hear talked about as much as, say, gameplay or graphics, when the subject of videogames is brought up, is the music that gives the game its personality! honestly, besides graphics (haha art bias) it's the biggest factor of being immersed into a game, with, of course, writing, following right behind.

so what makes a music track great in my book?

well...it has to reflect the tone of the situation or the game itself, like a rock focused soundtrack in a post-apocalyptic setting, or a catchy, happy soundtrack in a mario game. aside from that, the song itself has to be well made, with natural-sounding melodies and instruments that go well together. that one is just a given.

so what are my favourite tracks in gaming? well...
(prepare for a lot of shin megami tensei)

garuda/last decision - shin megami tensei: devil survivor overclocked
normal battle (refine version) - megami ibonroku persona X persona 5 scramble
in the final - mario and luigi; bowser's inside story
divine bloodlines - castlevania: rondo of blood X super smash bros ultimate
city trial - kirby air ride
boss battle - shin megami tensei: nocturne
CROWNED - kirby's return to dreamland
techno hill act 1 - sonic robo blast 2
egg rock act 2 - sonic robo blast 2
studiopolis zone act 1 - sonic mania
brand new days (yuyoyuppe remix) - persona 3; dancing in moonlight
out of time - castlevania X super smash bros ultimate
maya's theme - persona 2: innocent sin (psp remake)

those are just a few of my favourite videogame songs, so reply with some music worth a listen or two!

RE: what are your favourite music tracks in gaming? - Pedigree - 06-30-2020

Insert almost all Sonic music, and maybe Mario music as well.

RE: what are your favourite music tracks in gaming? - Wah Did You Say - 07-01-2020

(Most DK Country songs go here), SM theme, Injustice God's Among Us main menu music cause that just is awesome, and much more. Big Grin

RE: what are your favourite music tracks in gaming? - captainkakarot64 - 07-07-2020

The Dragon Ball Z Budokai series definitely has some of my favourites and Sonic Unleashed too.

Dragon Ball Budokai, The Man Called "C"
Dragon Ball Budokai 2 Hand in Hand
Dragon Ball Budokai 3, Twist of Fate

Sonic Unleashed, Windmill Isle (day)
Sonic Unleashed, Cool Edge (day and night)
Sonic Unleashed, Gaia Gate

RE: what are your favourite music tracks in gaming? - VideoGameKid265 - 07-09-2020

Combat Evaluation Program (Kirby Planet Robobot) - There's two types of gamers: the ones who dread difficult bosses with awesome music because of the difficulty, and the ones who enjoy difficult bosses with awesome music because of the music. I luckily am one of the latter. It takes Access Ark's them and cranks its intensity up to eleven, giving the player high energy and determination to finish the bosses at the end of Kirby's robotic journey. I'll always remember this song when I spent my time playing the True Arena during relaxing times during my vacation in Italy.

Megalovania (Undertale) - I know, you're probably thinking that I'm just bandwagoning or talking about it "FOR TEH MEMEZ" or whatever, but this track genuinely resonates with me. It mixes feelings of action, depression and sadness in such a way that it never alienates any of its above feelings, perfect for the one-of-a-kind scenario that is the final genocide fight.

Introducing Wario Deluxe (Warioware Gold) - There is no other track for a game I can think of that has such a progression of tones like this. It starts off slow and mysterious, then transitions into being more intense as the fight really gets started before going to absolute chaos when the player's controls are scrambled, until the feeling or relief comes up when it ends, and then the final section fuels the player with hope for the final stretch of their career in the game's story mode. It's so painfully underrated, and even after nearly two years not a single remix of it exists. C'mon internet!

RE: what are your favourite music tracks in gaming? - Great Destination Tracks 3 - 07-10-2020

Tracks from:

Super Mario
Plants Vs. Zombies (Chinese Versions too)
Angry Birds
Vehicles
Mega Man
and Banjo Kazooie

Got too many favourites i'm sorry.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.