MFGG Forums
I've got another gaming confession you won't like - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: I've got another gaming confession you won't like (/showthread.php?tid=2460)

I've got another gaming confession you won't like - Saltman - 07-01-2020

The classic Sonic games? They're not masterpieces. They're good but geez, the DKC trilogy destroys them with facts and logic with the graphics and gameplay and godly music. They may look better than SMW and some of the music is better alright (that final boss theme in Sonic 3&K was composed by Jesus), but SMW is better in every way aside from that. 96 levels, the levels don't feel as small or you don't go through them so fast they barely happened, the enemies are more varied, more power-ups, you can fly a lot higher than Tails with the cape, many more secrets, levels are a lot more open, and well, Mario is less ugly than Sonic without that dumb side mouth and those two pupils in one eye deueaughhh. Sonic 1 is dated as hell and kind of ass, Sonic 2 is good and Sonic 3&K is the closest to being excellent (but that final boss is awesome ok).

Yeah I never liked Sonic much. Nice personality but his design is ass. I wish Tails had been the protagonist instead because he's a lot better designed (you can at least tell he's a fox. How on earth does Sawneck look like a hedgehog?), he virtually plays the same as he does besides the flying, and a dynamic between him and Egglord, as in, Tails being the good smart tech-nerd good guy while Dr. Huevo is the smart tech-nerd bad guy would allow for more interesting plots like, idk, Tails the enviromentalist being forced to use Technology to face Eggman off or something.

Also, Sonic's friends suck ass. All hail Eggman our lord and savior. Why can't he have his own game?

RE: I've got another gaming confession you won't like - Pedigree - 07-01-2020

You're right. I don't like this.

DKC, Mario and Sonic are fundamentally wildly different platformers all with different gameplay feels.

If Sonic doesn't look like a hedgehog, what do you think he looks like?

It's fine to dislike Sonic, but your reasons are questionable.

RE: I've got another gaming confession you won't like - Evil Yoshi Toes - 07-01-2020

This feels like a throwback to classic MFGG Sonic hate that doesn't actually say anything other than “Mario is better!”

RE: I've got another gaming confession you won't like - Vitiman - 07-02-2020

Quote:Sonic 1 is dated as hell and kind of ass

See, this is an opinion I see a lot of and I can't say I've ever jived with. Certainly, Sonic 1 is a different feeling game from its successors, but how does that make it dated? The first Super Mario Bros. also lacks many common conventions of future Mario games but that game is still relatively highly regarded.

If anything, I would expect someone who is more of a traditional platforming fan such as yourself (going off of your praise of SMW and the DKC trilogy) to be more at home with the original Sonic, which is much more platforming-oriented than any of its sequels ever were. Or perhaps the 8-bit Sonic games would be more up your alley.

Then again, I suppose if your main beef is the design of the character, I can't say I know how exactly to fix that. There are a million and one mods of the Sonic games that let you play as other characters, maybe you could look into those?

RE: I've got another gaming confession you won't like - Fun With Despair - 07-03-2020

I dislike specifically Sonic 1 as well, though mostly because I think Marble Zone is horrible

RE: I've got another gaming confession you won't like - Great Destination Tracks 3 - 07-03-2020

As much as i don't like sonic

I do respect and support the Romhacking Community, they make great stuff

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.