MFGG Forums
(HELP!) How to create Beezos in Hello Mario Engine in Game Maker Studio? - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Developer Discussion (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: (HELP!) How to create Beezos in Hello Mario Engine in Game Maker Studio? (/showthread.php?tid=2467)

(HELP!) How to create Beezos in Hello Mario Engine in Game Maker Studio? - goh - 07-03-2020

I want to create Beezos from Super Mario Bros. 2, but don't know how to do it. Can anybody help me code it please? I've got the sprites ready though.

RE: (HELP!) How to create Beezos in Hello Mario Engine in Game Maker Studio? - VinnyVideo - 07-04-2020

First of all, you're going to want to create a new object in the Enemies folder.

You're probably going to want this enemy to move to the left. You might use a bit of code like this in the Create or Step event:

Code:
hspeed = -0.5;

You probably don't want them to move unless they're reasonably close to the player, so you'll want to deactivate them unless they're within the current view. You can take care of this by setting its parent object to the same as other enemy objects.

Then, you'll want something to happen when Mario touches it. Mario should be able to ride on it (or at least stomp it) if he hits it from above, while it should hurt Mario if he touches it from the side. You'll add this code to the collision event. Again, the Hello Engine should take care of all the collision code if you assign the correct parent object to Beezo (probably the same one used for other SMB2 enemies in the engine).

Does this make sense?

RE: (HELP!) How to create Beezos in Hello Mario Engine in Game Maker Studio? - goh - 07-04-2020

(07-04-2020, 11:11 AM)VinnyVideo Wrote: First of all, you're going to want to create a new object in the Enemies folder.

You're probably going to want this enemy to move to the left. You might use a bit of code like this in the Create or Step event:
Code:
hspeed = -0.5;

You probably don't want them to move unless they're reasonably close to the player, so you'll want to deactivate them unless they're within the current view. You can take care of this by setting its parent object to the same as other enemy objects.

Then, you'll want something to happen when Mario touches it. Mario should be able to ride on it (or at least stomp it) if he hits it from above, while it should hurt Mario if he touches it from the side. You'll add this code to the collision event. Again, the Hello Engine should take care of all the collision code if you assign the correct parent object to Beezo (probably the same one used for other SMB2 enemies in the engine).

Does this make sense?

I just want the sprite facing left, not right.

RE: (HELP!) How to create Beezos in Hello Mario Engine in Game Maker Studio? - VinnyVideo - 07-04-2020

Use image_xscale to flip sprites horizontally. Here's a very simple way to do this:

Code:
image_xscale = -1;

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.