MFGG Forums
cool character - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Arts Board (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: cool character (/showthread.php?tid=247)

cool character - Nessa - 12-13-2017

Agree how do you make your cool characters with your work skill

RE: cool character - Willsaber - 12-16-2017

What do you mean?

RE: cool character - Evil Yoshi Toes - 12-16-2017

You mean designing characters? That's something that takes time, practice, and instruction to really master. You could also look at well known character designers to pick up things they do with their designs. If you're pretty serious about making your characters look better you could try taking some online classes.

If that's not what you mean then I'm afraid I don't understand your post.

RE: cool character - Nessa - 12-16-2017

its not an i am looking for advice. this is the thread that asks everybody to share theyre method for fun

RE: cool character - DustinVG - 12-16-2017

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, to be frank. Care to be more specific?

RE: cool character - Dimentio - 12-16-2017

Allow me to translate:

"How did you come up with your character designs? Feel free to share them."

RE: cool character - SilverVortex - 12-16-2017

thank you dimentio aAAAAAAAAA iTS dIMENTIO!!!
i get my ideas from people i see, things i do, even music i listen to!
alas, it's easier said than done. it's pretty hard to do this kinda thing.
but hey, it's worked for me!

RE: cool character - Nessa - 12-16-2017

your right. it is very hard even harder than programming. maybe this is why programmers all hate artists

RE: cool character - Yakibomb - 12-16-2017

How did you create Rachel? Think back on that and draw from your inspiration. Apply it to different characters. And... voila.

Actually it's not so easy. Personally, drawing doodles helps, life experiences can be easy to draw ideasĀ from, and most importantly, gathering information--Learning.

RE: cool character - DustinVG - 12-16-2017

(12-16-2017, 02:55 PM)sl0shy Wrote: your right. it is very hard even harder than programming. maybe this is why programmers all hate artists

Uh, citation needed????

RE: cool character - Action Lemon - 12-16-2017

@sl0shy As someone who can do a little of both drawing and programming, programming is harder. At lest with drawing, I don't need to constantly ask for help on how to do simple things and wait a day for a response.

RE: cool character - VinnyVideo - 12-16-2017

It's easier to get started with character design than programming. It takes a moderate amount of knowledge to figure out how to write and debug a computer application, while anyone can come up with ideas for fictional characters. I'm not putting down people who design characters and story for games, because coming up with memorable characters is challenging.

A lot of the characters in my indie RPG project are inspired by people I know in real life. Some details have been changed to protect the innocent (and the not-so-innocent), but I've met a lot of colorful characters in real life, and some of their traits would be interesting for a video game character to have.

When you're designing original characters for a fangame, you could think about different species in the "Marioverse", both friendly and unfriendly. Generic enemies and NPCs usually aren't very fleshed-out, so you could think about what kinds of personalities they might have. A lot of the Paper Mario partners use this approach. Maybe a Bob-omb would be angry and would be constantly blowing up! You could also turn these stereotypes on their heads - you could make a Bandit who dreams of starting a legitimate business instead of stealing coins from travelers.

RE: cool character - SilverVortex - 12-17-2017

(12-16-2017, 02:55 PM)sl0shy Wrote: your right. it is very hard even harder than programming. maybe this is why programmers all hate artists

hang on, that's not tr---
oh god sloshy's right

RE: cool character - Zero Kirby - 12-17-2017

It's important to note that a character's design can be influenced by their environment, or vice-versa. For example, when Mr. Incredible from The Incredibles is forced to quit being a superhero and is now stuck in a dead-end job, while he maintains the larger-than-life height and size, he's also grown overweight, is balding, and is stuck in a tiny, desaturated cubicle that sucks all the colour and excitement from his life.

Think about a character's environment - where they work, where they live, and what would be there. You can design a generic work desk, or you can make one with personality. You can make a normal home, or you can make a unique one. Do they live in colder climates? Maybe they should be wearing thicker clothes. What do they do for work, and would that change how they dress?

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.