MFGG Forums
ENGINE Mario Worlds Delta - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development Showcase (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ENGINE Mario Worlds Delta (/showthread.php?tid=2488)

Mario Worlds Delta - Gate - 07-20-2020

I think it's time to show this thing I have on the works here.

Mario Worlds Delta is a open-source Mario engine based on Super Mario World and both Super Mario Maker installements.

[Image: image.png]

Source: https://github.com/Gatete/Mario-Worlds-Delta
Preview: https://www.dropbox.com/s/55qtbfvbfw95477/Mario%20Worlds%20Delta.zip?dl=0

Controls for the preview are the following
  • Arrows: Move
  • Shift: Jump (Press it in mid-air as Peach to float) / Confirm
  • Space: Spin-Jump
  • Control: Run / Shoot
  • Enter: Change character (In-Map)
  • Backspace: Drop reserve item
  • C: Show credits (Only in Title Screen)
  • Alt+R: Restart Game
  • Alt+Enter: Fullscreen
  • Alt+V: Enable / Disable V-Sync (Disable this if you notice a fps drop)
  • Alt+H: Changes HUD (It will not work in-level)
  • Alt+F: Show / Hide FPS
  • Alt+[1...4]: Change Window Size
  • Alt+S: Restart settings
Feedback is appreciated.

The Alt key functions will be removed right as soon a options menu is done.

RE: Mario Worlds Delta - SuperSledgeBro - 07-20-2020

I saw some of your videos on it, and it looks fabulous and smooth! Just a question, before I can download it: what engine or platform is it made on?

RE: Mario Worlds Delta - Gate - 07-20-2020

(07-20-2020, 12:33 PM)SuperSledgeBro Wrote: I saw some of your videos on it, and it looks fabulous and smooth! Just a question, before I can download it: what engine or platform is it made on?

Game Maker Studio 1.4.9999

RE: Mario Worlds Delta - SuperSledgeBro - 07-21-2020

I just tried it! Congratulations for making an engine that feels so accurate to the original SMW!

But there were a few things off:

The player's jump isn't fast enough, feels a little bit floaty. The camera shifting should also be faster. About collision, I don't like how the player takes damage if his feet isn't exactly on top of the enemy.

But these are things anyone with the GMZ file can fix.

RE: Mario Worlds Delta - Klug - 07-21-2020

Oooh! An SMW-based game engine, huh? I'd like try it out very soon!

Keep up, man! Thumbs Up

RE: Mario Worlds Delta - BloodserGames - 07-21-2020

This is beautiful!  Huh?

RE: Mario Worlds Delta - RetroRespecter - 07-23-2020

Well! It's about time somebody made a Super Mario World engine.

RE: Mario Worlds Delta - HelloSammu - 07-23-2020

Looks cool, I'll check it out!

RE: Mario Worlds Delta - Gate - 07-25-2020

GitHub repository has been updated with the latest changes

RE: Mario Worlds Delta - Gate - 08-01-2020

Version 0.9.5 is now available to download

RE: Mario Worlds Delta - Gate - 09-10-2020

A new feedback demo is now available on the OP, check it out.

RE: Mario Worlds Delta - SuperSledgeBro - 09-13-2020

This is really, really good! I tested the new demo and I found a few bugs and oddities:

-I fell through the floor twice while riding a blue Yoshi. All the times it was a corner with a wall connected to the floor. The first time was in the left wall of the first room in Green Switch Palace, and the red Beach Koopas don't behave well in that corner either. When I got back to the world map, my Yoshi turned green. The second time was in Via Nostalgica, when I dropped from a block and touched the floor and a pipe at the same time.

-You can carry a key if you spin-jump while holding Ctrl. As far as I remember, you can't carry stuff while spin-jumping in SMW.

-If you walk very slowly towards the edge of a jump-through slope and drop, the player will be less affected to gravity for one second.

-I tossed a key upwards in the Branced Warp Test and it didn't come back. Huh?

-I know the steepest slopes are meant to be hard to walk up, but you made them send the player sliding down at the speed of sound!

-I don't like how the player's area of collision with ceilings is the entire top part of their mask. Usually in official games the collision area is the very center of the head. If the solid block isn't touching the center of the top of the player's mask, the player is pushed to the side of the block.

RE: Mario Worlds Delta - Mikeystar - 09-18-2020

(09-13-2020, 06:52 PM)SuperSledgeBro Wrote: As far as I remember, you can't carry stuff while spin-jumping in SMW.

I'm going to go out of my way and say that while you can't spin-jump when you're already holding an item, you can spin-jump AND then later grab an item in SMW. That's how it works...
I don't know if you retrieved this knowledge from Super Mario Maker 2, but in the original SMW this is the case.

RE: Mario Worlds Delta - SuperSledgeBro - 09-25-2020

(09-18-2020, 01:38 PM)Mikeystar Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 06:52 PM)SuperSledgeBro Wrote: As far as I remember, you can't carry stuff while spin-jumping in SMW.

I'm going to go out of my way and say that while you can't spin-jump when you're already holding an item, you can spin-jump AND then later grab an item in SMW. That's how it works...
I don't know if you retrieved this knowledge from Super Mario Maker 2, but in the original SMW this is the case.
I had this observation when I was playing SMW on an emulator. I re-checked and turns out you're right!

RE: Mario Worlds Delta - Gate - 10-02-2020

New preview

RE: Mario Worlds Delta - kremling - 10-08-2020

Nice job. Everything looks really smooth and polished.

RE: Mario Worlds Delta - Gate - 10-26-2020

The engine has been updated to version 0.9.1, you can check the details of the update at the GitHub.

RE: Mario Worlds Delta - Gate - 12-08-2020

Engine has been updated to v0.9.4 - r328

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.