MFGG Forums
What's your favorite kind of social media? - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: What's your favorite kind of social media? (/showthread.php?tid=2501)

Pages: 1 2

What's your favorite kind of social media? - VinnyVideo - 08-02-2020

I'm curious.

RE: What's your favorite kind of social media? - Vitiman - 08-02-2020

Tumblr, only on a technicality. It's the only one with basically no real brand presence; if you're some fake as s*** PR dude trying to promote a big studio release or something on there, you'll get eaten alive.

All modern social media is pretty awful in their own (and collective) ways, though. I've got accounts on a lot of them but keeping up with stuff usually makes me feel worse than if I hadn't. In a time where we're all spending more time online than in-person interaction, I wish internet forums were more prominent like they were a decade ago.

RE: What's your favorite kind of social media? - Evil Yoshi Toes - 08-02-2020

Instagram for my purposes. I'm using twitter now and while its in some ways better for sharing my art I hate browsing on it so I never do.

RE: What's your favorite kind of social media? - Hyper - 08-02-2020

Instagram, because it's the best place where I can look at car posts.

RE: What's your favorite kind of social media? - fireball3k - 08-11-2020

i guess pinterest or instagram? both of them are image oriented

RE: What's your favorite kind of social media? - Pedigree - 08-13-2020

I only like twitter for looking at art

but I hate all social media in general

people are too toxic towards one another on social media and I don't have the time for that noise

RE: What's your favorite kind of social media? - Yakibomb - 08-14-2020

Well when I voted I thought it was "most used media" not "favorite media", but even in that context it's probably the same: Instagram is the only one I go on because my close family has accounts there and makes posts on there too.

RE: What's your favorite kind of social media? - Jonii - 08-18-2020

I maybe have to go for Facebook. Twitter can be really fun but also really toxic and Insta's a little hit or miss for me. Facebook is consistently pretty enjoyable.

RE: What's your favorite kind of social media? - Retriever II - 08-21-2020

Twitter.  Instagram I use to a lesser extent for an art account.

RE: What's your favorite kind of social media? - GeneralGuy - 08-21-2020

(08-21-2020, 12:48 AM)Retriever II Wrote: Twitter.  Instagram I use to a lesser extent for an art account.
The blue bird likes the blue bird.

RE: What's your favorite kind of social media? - Yoshin - 08-21-2020

Not on the list but IM services such as IRC and Imageboards

Of whats on the list Twitter I guess?

RE: What's your favorite kind of social media? - Mario - 08-22-2020

LinkedIn. I think I generally don't like social media platforms being too general purpose, LinkedIn has a much clearer scope upfront and I think that works well. Other networks kind of build their niche based on how they're used which comes down to what the platform can do so who it's for exactly is never really clear- and the people behind it never want to be upfront about that either because it's "for everyone."

RE: What's your favorite kind of social media? - DJ Yoshiman - 08-25-2020

Twitter when you are only following, and are part of, indie gaming. You get to see fantastic projects, and for the general part, don't have to deal with people's general negativity.

Plus they're super supportive, and provide as much support as you give others.

RE: What's your favorite kind of social media? - warioCritic - 08-26-2020

twitter is pretty good I guess, just ignore all the people who does the bad boomer jokes and it's a fine site for sharing games you made and junk.

RE: What's your favorite kind of social media? - HylianDev - 08-27-2020

myspace for sure

ive grown to completely detest social media Sad

RE: What's your favorite kind of social media? - zelma - 09-09-2020

I love Tik-Tok because I get to see several cultures get appropriated by teenagers everyday; it's very lit.

RE: What's your favorite kind of social media? - Klug - 10-06-2020

Twitter, since I frequently use it everyday.

RE: What's your favorite kind of social media? - namarang - 10-06-2020

Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Instagram are great in my opinion and have more active users than other social networks, especially Instagram, which has provided special facilities for users to communicate.

RE: What's your favorite kind of social media? - VinnyVideo - 09-10-2021

@Zeero How do you define "popular"? I'm pretty sure Facebook still has the highest number of daily/monthly active users, although there's a lot of different ways you could define and measure popularity.

(Also, welcome to MFGG!)

RE: What's your favorite kind of social media? - Parakarry - 09-16-2021

Where's the "none" option? Cool
I never got into social media at all. When it first started out, it wasn't really for me because on Facebook at least, you have to use your real name and you get the most out of it with people you know for real, of which I have very, very little. Then it became the privacy destroyer, and then it became the misinformation machine, and now I'm glad I never got into it.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.