MFGG Forums
The BEST way to not forget MFGG exists and keep it alive - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: The BEST way to not forget MFGG exists and keep it alive (/showthread.php?tid=2510)

Pages: 1 2

The BEST way to not forget MFGG exists and keep it alive - King Piranha Plant - 08-11-2020

make the forums your homepage.

never change it

who cares about homepages anyway?? U had a different homepage before? too bad, it's MFGG now forever

if MFGG forums is your homepage every time you open your browser you'll remember it exists and that way it can be a part of your life 4ever. if everyone does this the forums will never die (only kind of die in a sort of ish way. infinitely superior to death)

for phones: put a link to MFGG on your main screen AT LEAST D:<

RE: The BEST way to not forget MFGG exists and keep it alive - Pedigree - 08-13-2020

I have a chrome tab open to the site and forum at all times and chat in the discord daily, don't think I'll forget about MFGG any time soon even though it would make sense to probably let it go after almost 18 years in the community

glad to see you posting again, this is SonicProject if that's not already clear.

RE: The BEST way to not forget MFGG exists and keep it alive - King Piranha Plant - 08-13-2020

SP, members like you are gonna' be the ones being thanked for keeping this place alive and taken care of when people start inevitably coming back nostalgically to spend time on MFGG or check in.

Though life certainly changes and I wouldn't blame you, thinking of how freaking huge this community used to be I can't imagine there isn't good reason for you, or others who've stayed, not leaving.  Hat Hold

RE: The BEST way to not forget MFGG exists and keep it alive - Hyper - 08-13-2020

I've been here for 12 years. I sometimes wanted to forget due to past drama. But the interests kept me here. I'm just passionate about the manifest of the community.

RE: The BEST way to not forget MFGG exists and keep it alive - Angustia - 08-13-2020

Good tip. I'm gonna make it my homepage right now. : )

RE: The BEST way to not forget MFGG exists and keep it alive - GeneralGuy - 08-13-2020

That's a great idea actually.

RE: The BEST way to not forget MFGG exists and keep it alive - DJ Yoshiman - 08-14-2020

(08-13-2020, 07:52 PM)Hypernova Wrote: I've been here for 12 years. I sometimes wanted to forget due to past drama. But the interests kept me here. I'm just passionate about the manifest of the community.

Don't make me feel that much older, man.

RE: The BEST way to not forget MFGG exists and keep it alive - Mario - 08-16-2020

How can anyone forget about MFGG?

RE: The BEST way to not forget MFGG exists and keep it alive - King Piranha Plant - 08-16-2020

(08-16-2020, 01:34 AM)Mario Wrote: How can anyone forget about MFGG?

I guess I'm thinking more of how adult life (or a very changed, different life in general) can get in the way, and people can slowly forget to check in or forget it exists altogether.

I realized recently stuff like MFGG could easily be a part of my life, despite how busy and different my life is now. All I need is to see it regularly.

RE: The BEST way to not forget MFGG exists and keep it alive - Hyper - 08-17-2020

Being an adult sure made you focus more on your finances, work, education, and many other responsibilities. You tend to forget a lot of things over time.

I even forget half of the stuffs I experienced in China unless I was reminded by a relative.

RE: The BEST way to not forget MFGG exists and keep it alive - Amine Retro - 08-17-2020

Maybe nobody likes mario anymore...

RE: The BEST way to not forget MFGG exists and keep it alive - warioCritic - 08-17-2020

mario 2d games friendship end. now with mario 3d games!

RE: The BEST way to not forget MFGG exists and keep it alive - DavidCaruso - 08-18-2020

(08-14-2020, 07:52 PM)DJ Yoshiman Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 07:52 PM)Hypernova Wrote: I've been here for 12 years. I sometimes wanted to forget due to past drama. But the interests kept me here. I'm just passionate about the manifest of the community.

Yoshiman on MFGG 2010: "f*** I'm old"
Yoshiman on MFGG 2020: "f*** I'm old"

RE: The BEST way to not forget MFGG exists and keep it alive - Myte - 08-18-2020

I've been here since I was a kid, I'm now a 21-year-old guy who's now working as a professor for a big university. I try my best to visit the forums from time to time.

EDIT: Saw that my siggy here has Secret Santa gifts since 2011, so I'm sure I've been a member even earlier than that.

RE: The BEST way to not forget MFGG exists and keep it alive - DJ Yoshiman - 08-20-2020

(08-18-2020, 12:06 AM)DavidCaruso Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 07:52 PM)DJ Yoshiman Wrote:

Yoshiman on MFGG 2010: "f*** I'm old"
Yoshiman on MFGG 2020: "f*** I'm old"

Yoshiman on MFGG 2030: "f*** I'm dead"

I grew grey hair, a receding hairline and wrinkles in 2007, and I've dealt with it ever since.

RE: The BEST way to not forget MFGG exists and keep it alive - zelma - 09-09-2020

Honestly, I much prefer this being my home page http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/precure/ rather than MFGG but good idea.

Unfortunately though, I think MFGG will eventually go strictly discord in the near future. This place is kind of dead but it is Mario's 35th anniversary so maybe that will bring some traffic to the boards. Fingers crossed.

In the mean time, shout out to Yoshiman he perma'd me multiple times in the past and is a great guy!

RE: The BEST way to not forget MFGG exists and keep it alive - HylianDev - 09-09-2020

pinned tabs.

RE: The BEST way to not forget MFGG exists and keep it alive - kremling - 10-08-2020

I definitely need to do this, as MFGG played the biggest part in me wanting to get into Game Development. I looked back through my older posts in the older forums, and I definitely sounded like a 13-14 year old kid who wanted to make the next big Mario game, even though I had little to no knowledge about programming/math/etc. I tried to start community projects a couple of times, even though I didn’t have a clear direction in doing so.

I looked up to a lot of older users that had developed some awesome projects, like ShyGuyGrey, Guinea, “Psychic Waluigi” creator (forgot their name), and many more.

I really do miss the older days, but that doesn’t mean I can help in creating memories for the younger generation of MFGGers. I need to do more in my part in ensuring the community stays alive.

RE: The BEST way to not forget MFGG exists and keep it alive - DJ Yoshiman - 10-08-2020

(09-09-2020, 04:17 PM)Zelma Wrote: Honestly, I much prefer this being my home page http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/precure/ rather than MFGG but good idea.

Unfortunately though, I think MFGG will eventually go strictly discord in the near future. This place is kind of dead but it is Mario's 35th anniversary so maybe that will bring some traffic to the boards. Fingers crossed.

In the mean time, shout out to Yoshiman he perma'd me multiple times in the past and is a great guy!

Are you and I forever destined to be a scene from Brokeback Mountain?
"I wish I knew how to quit you."

nah, s*** was crazy back then

RE: The BEST way to not forget MFGG exists and keep it alive - Fourside Seven - 10-10-2020

I still lurk occasionally.

Growing up isn't all bad, but in the years following my time at MFGG I really haven't made any games. It's a shame because I had a few ideas I would have liked to bring to light.

I have a few ideas I still may tackle, but two are indie games set in my comics' universe (and thus require the comics to actually be published first) and the other is a TurboGrafx crossover fighter, but most people don't even talk about the TurboGrafx anymore so I'd essentially be making it for myself Disagree

Edit: There's also a fourth, a puzzle game that's like a hybrid match 4/Mario Party minigame, but I haven't decided on what form it will take (I've been leaning toward elements: earth, wind, fire, water, lightning), and previous iterations of this idea have run into an issue with combining 3 or more objects of the same size and only going to the next size up as opposed to going two sizes up or (ideally) finding a way for this not to happen at all so you're upsizing in proper sequential order.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.