MFGG Forums
super mario world sprite revamp - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Arts Board (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: super mario world sprite revamp (/showthread.php?tid=2520)

super mario world sprite revamp - sooshy - 08-19-2020

me and zxspriter are working on a hack that redoes all of the graphics in super mario world. we've just been doing some enemies so far, so here's what we have done:

LOTS OF IMAGES!

everything here is by me except the small boos, thwomps, and thwimps, which are done by zxspriter. both of us worked on big boo.

gonna try to update this thread as we continue to work on things

RE: super mario world sprite revamp - Amine Retro - 08-19-2020

Sweet job! i really like the big boo and thwomps, if by chance you have found any difficulty with a flipped sprite or such send me a message and i'll see what i can do.

RE: super mario world sprite revamp - SuperSledgeBro - 08-19-2020

This looks so good! It reminds me of the Super Mario World Redrawn rom hack, but a little more in line with the game's original style.

RE: super mario world sprite revamp - NathanBros - 08-19-2020

Very subtle modifications, close to the original art style, let's see how it works in project. Thumbs Up

RE: super mario world sprite revamp - namarang - 12-12-2020

almost a week ago I uploaded my "Megaman 1 revamp" and said that I had a couple of ideas for this kind of things, well, this is one of them, at 1st making this was kind of pointless because....well.... if you want to see a revamp of the 1st level of Super Mario Bros all you have to do is play one of the New Super Mario Bros games (the 1st screen of the 1st levels of those games looks VERY similar to the NES classic....sadly that's all XP), but then I thought that it will be weird is I have Zelda, Mega Man and not Mario, so....here it is XP, about the Luigi screen, I remember that when you finished the classic game with Mario a 2nd quest become available were everything was harder, I also draw some inspiration from Sonic CD (bad future reference, I also wanted to put a "Past sign", but I thought that could be kind of weird in a Mario game) and The Terminator game for the Sega CD ad obviously, the Mushroomy Kingdom stage from Super Smash Bros Brawl

RE: super mario world sprite revamp - Pedigree - 12-12-2020

(12-12-2020, 11:56 AM)namarang Wrote: almost a week ago I uploaded my "Megaman 1 revamp" and said that I had a couple of ideas for this kind of things, well, this is one of them, at 1st making this was kind of pointless because....well.... if you want to see a revamp of the 1st level of Super Mario Bros all you have to do is play one of the New Super Mario Bros games (the 1st screen of the 1st levels of those games looks VERY similar to the NES classic....sadly that's all XP), but then I thought that it will be weird is I have Zelda, Mega Man and not Mario, so....here it is XP, about the Luigi screen, I remember that when you finished the classic game with Mario a 2nd quest become available were everything was harder, I also draw some inspiration from Sonic CD (bad future reference, I also wanted to put a "Past sign", but I thought that could be kind of weird in a Mario game) and The Terminator game for the Sega CD ad obviously, the Mushroomy Kingdom stage from Super Smash Bros Brawl
Why would you bump someone else's arts board thread to talk about your own hack project? Kinda rude, not gonna lie.

RE: super mario world sprite revamp - Xander - 12-18-2020

Cool project. Smile

The Goombas (and their sprites) are easily my most disliked part of SMW. You can't stomp them, and they barely look like a mushroom.

They could definitely use a revamp!

RE: super mario world sprite revamp - sooshy - 12-26-2020

update this is probably cancelled cuz idk it felt like a waste of time. i might come back to it eventually. i did some other sprites and revamped some of these older ones cuz i'm much better than in august, might post them eventually

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.