MFGG Forums
Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) [COMPLETED] - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: News and Events (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) [COMPLETED] (/showthread.php?tid=2522)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) [COMPLETED] - GamerInGeorgia - 08-20-2020

There's been a movement for this to happen, and we haven't had an event for a while, so why not?
The Collab is Finally Complete!!!!!!!! Thank you all for participating!!!!!!!!
[Image: unknown.png]
(Credit to SuperFlomm and JigglypuffGirl of The Spriters Resource for SMB2 font sprites.)

Rules (taken from the previous collab)
  • Claim up to three tiles at a time by replying with each numbered tile you want. Claiming is first come, first served, so make sure that these tiles are not already claimed in the list on this post or in below replies.
  • Using these tiles you may create isometric scenes featuring anything from or related to SMB2. While characters and elements from other Mario games can be used in your tiles, try not to stray too far.
  • If there are no updates on your progress with your tiles within one week from when you requested them, other members may claim your tiles.
  • When complete, upload your own tiles separately and I will update the image after placing you tile(s) into their proper location.
  • Please do not upload as transparent PNGs or GIFs. Please upload your tiles separately and with the background color of the collab. JPEGs are not allowed.
  • There are no style or pallete restrictions. However, your entry must be pixel art and may not be edited from existing graphics unless HEAVILY modified to the degree that the source material is unrecognizable.
  • Please try not to obscure other tiles without communicating with the person who has claimed that tile.
After all the tiles are completed and placed, we will work together to polish this and ensure all tiles flow together in a sensible way.
Contributors will receive a shiny Iso-collab Contributer badge! (Maybe we can get you a special role on the MFGG Discord, too!)

Additional Information Tiles

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - Pedigree - 08-20-2020

SMB The Lost Levels SMB2Japan or Doki Doki Panic SMB2USA?

I guess both would be fine yes?

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - SilverVortex - 08-20-2020

expect something from me in this dream of a collab, coming to some tiles 35, 36 and 37 near you!

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - GamerInGeorgia - 08-20-2020

(08-20-2020, 07:48 PM)Pedigree Wrote: SMB The Lost Levels SMB2Japan or Doki Doki Panic SMB2USA?

I guess both would be fine yes?

SMB2 USA

Claiming 4 and b

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - SonicKade2048 - 08-20-2020

said it on discord but i'll snag 2 and 1

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - The Old Comp. Fan - 08-20-2020

30, 32 and 33

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - SuperSledgeBro - 08-20-2020

I want 40, 41, 49!

4 and B are done

[Image: r8Yzjr5.png]

[Image: AOYUhAE.png]

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - SuperSledgeBro - 08-20-2020

If you want an idea, why don't you try turning the big tower of blocks on the right into a castle tower, like the tower levels in the end of every world in the game? You could have whatever you want poking from the windows on the corners. It would look like a very coherent and creative product of teamwork.

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - sooshy - 08-20-2020

I'm taking 31 and 29, ZXspriter is taking 38 and 39. I'll also take c.

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - The Dark Warrior - 08-20-2020

claiming tile 3. Will also claim 27 and 19

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - SonicKade2048 - 08-20-2020

Finished my entry. Kept the outlines for the other tiles so it could probably be aligned easier.
1x
2x
4x

From left to right, the characters and owners of them are...
  • Frank - FAVman33
  • Aqua - Aqua the Yoshi
  • Kade - SonicKade2048
  • Small - smallnoob11

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - GamerInGeorgia - 08-20-2020

All those who have claimed tiles before this point have been added. Finished tiles added.
I'm claiming 5 and 6.
@Agrera - As has been discussed on the Discord server, please make your tile more reminiscent of SMB2.

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - Amine Retro - 08-20-2020

8, 9 and 10!

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - SuperSledgeBro - 08-21-2020

Finished! These fill tiles 40, 41 and 49.

[Image: JK5BDjU.png]

Colors based on Super Mario Advance! I'm very proud of it... Although I may have made it too colorful.

Edit: Oh, I just realized I forgot to add details to the grass in one of the spaces. Well... Is it allowed to update the entries at any time?

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - sooshy - 08-21-2020

(08-21-2020, 12:00 AM)SuperSledgeBro Wrote: Finished! These fill tiles 40, 41 and 49.

[Image: JK5BDjU.png]

Colors based on Super Mario Advance! I'm very proud of it... Although I may have made it too colorful.

Edit: Oh, I just realized I forgot to add details to the grass in one of the spaces. Well... Is it allowed to update the entries at any time?

this looks really nice, its gonna mesh well with what zx and i are doing right behind it

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - OssieTheOstrich - 08-21-2020

May I claim tile 48?

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - Jaden1291 the Toad - 08-21-2020

[Image: IoPufSz.png]
Tile 28 is finished!

UPDATE: Changed the Flurry to a new sprite by me! It's based on its artwork from the instruction booklet for SMB2.

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - CB78 - 08-21-2020

I'll claim 43, 44 and 45. Will send the finished progress days later.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.