MFGG Forums
Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) [COMPLETED] - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: News and Events (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) [COMPLETED] (/showthread.php?tid=2522)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - Agrera - 08-21-2020

here's my new thing [it's kinda an overlay for the tiles i have]

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - GamerInGeorgia - 08-21-2020

@Amine Retro 9 is already claimed, though I gave you 8 and 10. Tell me if you want that changed.

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - Amine Retro - 08-21-2020

(08-21-2020, 10:34 AM)GamerInGeorgia Wrote: @Amine Retro 9 is already claimed, though I gave you 8 and 10. Tell me if you want that changed.

20, 21 and 22, please point out claims from elsewhere in the thread next time

(08-21-2020, 11:07 AM)Amine Retro Wrote:
(08-21-2020, 10:34 AM)GamerInGeorgia Wrote: @Amine Retro 9 is already claimed, though I gave you 8 and 10. Tell me if you want that changed.

Sorry, but 22 is already claimed as well.
All free and claimed tiles are listed in the list at the bottom of the OP.

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - Amine Retro - 08-21-2020

(08-21-2020, 11:21 AM)GamerInGeorgia Wrote:
(08-21-2020, 11:07 AM)Amine Retro Wrote:

Sorry, but 22 is already claimed as well.
All free and claimed tiles are listed in the list at the bottom of the OP.

Oh well, 24, 25 and 26

Updated tiles and colored claimed tiles in red.
Also, I forgot how to count and skipped 7 and 47, which I've now added in.
[Image: lJzWvgR.png]
(08-21-2020, 12:00 AM)SuperSledgeBro Wrote: Is it allowed to update the entries at any time?

Sure.

After some discussion on the MFGG Discord, it has been decided that Agrera/Remy's tiles are low effort and he has repeatedly ignored critique, so Remy's tiles, 34 and e, have been freed up. Pedigree has claimed "e" as his third tile.
The OP has been updated to reflect these changes.
Old
23 and 13 claimed by Jarman.
[Image: ySXz3sd.png]

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - SuperSledgeBro - 08-21-2020

Here is my updated entry (40, 41, 49):
[Image: 1ONCgUZ.png]
Fixed some details, moved the log and added a gray Snifit!

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - Q-Nova - 08-21-2020

It's nice to see another Isometric Collaboration, and all of the tiles look good, though I want to point out a few things.

First, I thought we were going to stick to a palette or style, like in some of the early Isometric Collaborations. It would be much more cohesive, and it shouldn't be too hard to recolor the tiles. I suggest using the 16-bit SMB2 palette. Second, it feels a bit small (for the record, Wahloween took less than a year and about half of the collaborations took about a year anyway), but it's not a big deal, and it's probably good to start small after not doing an Isometric Collaboration for a while. Finally, I don't see Agrera's tiles as low effort. Yeah, they could use some work (especially with Wario's face), but I don't think that means you should free Agrera's tiles. Weren't Isometric Collaborations supposed to be for fun?

Also, here's a fun suggestion: someone should hide "MFGG" into a tile! The first collaboration did that, and I hid "MFGG" in my purple dirt tile in Wahloween, which ended up being partially obscured, but oh well.

I was thinking the same thing about the incoherent style and color palettes. But looking at the "Luigi's World" Isometric Collab (it's in the MFGG Wiki, see the first post in this thread), it also had varying styles, so why not let it be like that again? Just try not to clash too hard with the tiles surrounding your own!

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - Pedigree - 08-21-2020

Quote:but I don't think that means you should free Agrera's tiles. Weren't Isometric Collaborations supposed to be for fun?
Agrera was disqualified not just because of low effort but because they didn't make their tiles fit the theme even though everyone including the host was asking them to, and were causing drama in the discord channel for this iso collab.

Also having a variety of styles instead of trying to force one style and palette showcases the community better and is a better place to start after two years with no collabs. It's easier for people to get involved as well.

We don't have the same number of active artists that we did for the early iso collabs, so doing a style and palette restriction might doom the project.

Update:
[Image: RZujRgI.png]

You pasted the updated version of my entry on top of the previous one. Now the Hoopster looks really weird.

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - Pedigree - 08-21-2020

@GamerInGeorgia Claiming 34 after all.

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - sooshy - 08-22-2020

limited palette and style might be cool but i'm liking the different styles that we have going for this one. on the next one, a palette and set style would work well like the M&L and yoshi's island collaborations. i like this current one as is, though. i wouldnt mess with it after its already started

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - OssieTheOstrich - 08-22-2020

Alright, so Tile 48 is done.
1x
[Image: Tile48.png]
2x
[Image: Tile48Zoom1.png]
4x
[Image: Tile48Zoom2.png]

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - Wasabi - 08-22-2020

Hey, can I claim tile 51? I only need 1 for my idea

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - KrystalPhantasm - 08-22-2020

May I claim tile 50? Might aswell participate in a big project for once.

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - Amine Retro - 08-22-2020

[Image: unknown.png]
here it is! really sorry for my laziness, i originally had in mind this but with with custom graphics, but i have real life things to deal with so yeah

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - CB78 - 08-22-2020

[Image: My_SMB2_ISO_Collab.png]
Here are the tiles I chose to complete! Finished and ready to go! (43, 44 and 45)
(To make sure the quality remains good, I added my contribution as an attachment too, apologies for that.)

P.S: I bet Q-Nova would like this too based on what he said with a certain ''tag''. ; )

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.