MFGG Forums
Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) [COMPLETED] - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: News and Events (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) [COMPLETED] (/showthread.php?tid=2522)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - Pedigree - 08-22-2020

[Image: 6P1lopY.png] 34 is finished.

Update: I think I fixed that issue you had @SuperSledgeBro
[Image: 3F7CA2e.png]

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - SilverVortex - 08-22-2020

now that i've finished my three tiles i think i'll claim d if it hasn't been already

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - Amine Retro - 08-22-2020

[Image: unknown.png]
nevermind, i submitted early because i didn't think i'd have an opportunity to do proper art, but turns out i did. I'm especially glad because it looked very distracting on the full image. Some parts intentionally overlap the entry next to mine so keep that in mind

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - GeneralGuy - 08-22-2020

I claim I

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - Yakibomb - 08-23-2020

I will claim 46, please. Thank you.

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - Jaden1291 the Toad - 08-23-2020

[Image: lDoCEjU.png]
Hey peeps! I submitted Tile 28 on the Discord server earlier, but I'll also put it here for your viewing purposes. I'm very proud of this one, and it's all thanks to some criticism and tips from my fellow friends at the MFGG server.

I've finally done my submissions and I'm happy with the result! I hope to see the final result soon!

Oh yeah forgot to mention: the Pidgit is colored purple because it's based on its appearance in official artwork (more specifically from Super Mario Advance). The same reason could go for his carpet as well, but I made it a little more fancy, much akin to the magic carpet from Aladdin.

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - GamerInGeorgia - 08-23-2020

@Wasabi @GeneralGuy @Yakibomb You guys are good to go!
Updated tiles and claims:
[Image: 74ieb3i.png]

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - Q-Nova - 08-23-2020

I claim tile 46!

Regarding style and palette, Pedigree makes some good points. I know some Isometric Collaborations in the past don't stick to a palette, and it has it's own charm (it  does showcase the community's unique styles). Even the collaborations that use the same palette have slightly different styles from tile to tile, such as the SMB3 one. SNES SMB2 style would be tricky for some people. I still think an enforced palette would look better, and it shouldn't be too limiting as the SNES SMB2 palette is very broad. I suppose that it's too late now, and some of the tiles probably won't look as good with the SNES SMB2 palette. It's something we should talk about when we do another Isometric Collaboration.

@CB78 Oh yes! I'm glad you took my suggestion!

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - Toni - 08-23-2020

Oh, neat.
I'd like to claim 21, if it's still available.

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - Amine Retro - 08-23-2020

(08-23-2020, 05:00 PM)Q-Nova Wrote: I claim tile 46!

Regarding style and palette, Pedigree makes some good points. I know some Isometric Collaborations in the past don't stick to a palette, and it has it's own charm (it  does showcase the community's unique styles). Even the collaborations that use the same palette have slightly different styles from tile to tile, such as the SMB3 one. SNES SMB2 style would be tricky for some people. I still think an enforced palette would look better, and it shouldn't be too limiting as the SNES SMB2 palette is very broad. I suppose that it's too late now, and some of the tiles probably won't look as good with the SNES SMB2 palette. It's something we should talk about when we do another Isometric Collaboration.

@CB78 Oh yes! I'm glad you took my suggestion!
oh yeah we should def use a palette for the next one!! would make things much more pleasing to look at

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - Yakibomb - 08-23-2020

(08-23-2020, 05:00 PM)Q-Nova Wrote: I claim tile 46!

Before anyone says anything, I'ma forfeit 46.

Totally ok with it, don't worry about it.

With Pedigree, Q-Nova's, and Toni's claims added, we now have only 5 tiles left!
[Image: bKZia4A.png]

Added Toni's tile, updated Jaden's tile, and edited Birdo's eyes in Benial's tile.
Also, TOCF pulled out, freeing up his tiles, which were then claimed by CyanideJam.
[Image: lEHu6xy.png]

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - SuperSledgeBro - 08-23-2020

It looks like you tried to move Birdo, and it affected the tent and the bubble near her too.

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - Pedigree - 08-24-2020

Tile 10 is complete. The Beezo bouncers are watching as enemies line up for Birdo's party. Pidgit is the valet and Toad is trying to sneak in.

[Image: feeBh7q.png]

Here it is incorporated into the current version of the collab:

[Image: cj62yV2.png]

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - Jashuo - 08-24-2020

I would like to take tile 20.

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - GamerInGeorgia - 08-24-2020

Added Pedigree's tile (10) and tile 20 has been claimed by Jashuo.
[Image: memawj1.png]

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - GamerInGeorgia - 08-24-2020

Finished one of my tiles, added Snarf's tile, and updated CB78's tile:
[Image: N5he0lE.png]

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - Wasabi - 08-25-2020

Alrighty, mine's all done! Wanted to make a tryclyde with a classic palatte since I love his old colors.
[Image: WasabiPlot51_Transparent.png]
[Image: WasabiPlot51_Preview.png]
if it extends the boundaries too far lemme know and I'll adjust it

RE: Iso-collab: Mario's Dream (SMB2) - GamerInGeorgia - 08-25-2020

Added Wasabi's tile and updated claims:
[Image: OPi6QnY.png]

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.