MFGG Forums
I'm hiring spriters - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Developer Discussion (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: I'm hiring spriters (/showthread.php?tid=2528)

I'm hiring spriters - VinnyVideo - 08-30-2020

It looks like I'll be working from home for the rest of the year, so I'll have a lot more time on my hands. And it's almost fall, which is usually good for my motivation.

So what does that mean? It's time for me to stop procrastinating and make my two indie projects happen.

And that's where you come in! I need a couple of awesome spriters to help me with the graphical side of things (trust me - your eyes won't be happy if I have to make all the graphics myself!).

Project #1
It's an RPG made with an original engine. The game is set in a college town in the modern American South. The perspective is a little like Paper Mario - it looks almost like a side-scrolling platformer, but you have freedom of movement along three axes. It'll probably have Super NES-ish graphics unless someone really wants to take the graphical style in a different direction. This is a relatively lighthearted RPG, and the graphics should reflect this. However, there will also be a few very dimly-lit dungeons! Most of the game is set in a small town, with some of the town's more notable buildings functioning as "dungeons".

I've completed the game's engine and planned a framework for the game's plot and characters. Most of the music is in place as well - I just need someone to help with the graphics. However, you're always welcome to provide input on the game's direction - for example, if you like a certain character a lot and want them to have a bigger role in the game, I'd have no problem with that.

I'm seeking a skilled spriter who's committed to working on this project for a few months, since I'll need a significant quantity of original graphics. And yes, this is a paid gig! Rates are negotiable.

Project #2
This project is less ambitious and less innovative than Project #1. When I was a little kid, I loved drawing game concepts and level maps on paper. Some of these ideas made their way into fangames I've made in the past. However, I still have a lot of ideas that I'd like to use in an indie platformer. This is not a fangame, although it's undoubtedly going to draw some inspiration from the Mario series.

This game will be a 2-D platformer. I'd like for it to have a bright, cartoony style - again, probably with the level of quality seen in a typical Super NES game. I might use some premade tilesets (something like Kopejo's work might fit nicely), but I'll need plenty of original sprites.

This game's design isn't as set in stone as Project #1 is, so I'd also like someone who I can bounce ideas off of - for example, I might give you a couple of ideas for a certain enemy, and you'd sprite the one you like better.

Want to help?
If you're interested in working with me, please post in this topic or send me a message. Be sure to share a sample of your previous work, especially if I don't know you well.

RE: I'm hiring spriters - KrystalPhantasm - 08-30-2020

Well, I'd like to help, but my schedule varies heavily every day, especially with school coming up. I could do a few assets for Project 2 however!
I've attached some of my art below, and I can message through Discord.

also reminds me I havent posted my art in this forum

RE: I'm hiring spriters - Yakibomb - 09-11-2020

I won't be able to help much, but uhh give us updates on your thingy Vinny. I can at least encourage you!  Cool

RE: I'm hiring spriters - Xander - 12-23-2020

Who did you hire? Soveryhappy Is it confidential?  Whoops!

RE: I'm hiring spriters - VinnyVideo - 12-26-2020

@Xander It's a secret to everybody

Actually, it's probably not super-secret - I just don't want to put public pressure on my spriters to deliver a certain amount of work! (Of course, once I share a demo, I'll give credit to anyone who contributes anything to my game.)

Also, these projects are still alive and kicking - I've been making progress on both of these projects in recent weeks.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.