MFGG Forums
Ideas needed - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Developer Discussion (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Ideas needed (/showthread.php?tid=2534)

Ideas needed - Slayer - 09-04-2020

I am a somewhat new doom modder and I am wanting to continue making my doom accurate mario thing series, should I make a pwad with these sprites?

RE: Ideas needed - SilverVortex - 09-04-2020

could you please explain more what you want to do/what you want done? you're not being very specific at all, and you don't have anything to show as an example to help people who are even somewhat experienced in doom/srb2/other branches of the doom engine to get them up to speed on what you want.

RE: Ideas needed - Slayer - 09-04-2020

(09-04-2020, 01:43 PM)SilverVortex Wrote: could you please explain more what you want to do/what you want done? you're not being very specific at all, and you don't have anything to show as an example to help people who are even somewhat experienced in doom/srb2/other branches of the doom engine to get them up to speed on what you want.

I do not have an idea yet, I am making a Mario themed DooM pwad that takes inspiration from Mario 64. Using mario characters and enemies, I want to make a mod of doom that takes place in the mushroom kingdom. I have not started making textures for it yet but I have started making level plans

RE: Ideas needed - SilverVortex - 09-04-2020

(09-04-2020, 01:47 PM)Purple Bandit Wrote:
(09-04-2020, 01:43 PM)SilverVortex Wrote: could you please explain more what you want to do/what you want done? you're not being very specific at all, and you don't have anything to show as an example to help people who are even somewhat experienced in doom/srb2/other branches of the doom engine to get them up to speed on what you want.

I do not have an idea yet, I am making a Mario themed DooM pwad that takes inspiration from Mario 64. Using mario characters and enemies, I want to make a mod of doom that takes place in the mushroom kingdom. I have not started making textures for it yet but I have started making level plans

thank you for being more specific, but with that being said doesn't you specifying you want to make a kind of mario doom mod mean you already have an idea? i don't feel like the creation of this thread is justified because of that, unless you want to make custom level and platforming mechanics in LUA, a la sonic robo blast 2.
either way now that you've said that there's little reason to continue on replying to the thread now that the issue is solved, imo.

RE: Ideas needed - Slayer - 09-04-2020

(09-04-2020, 02:07 PM)SilverVortex Wrote:
(09-04-2020, 01:47 PM)Purple Bandit Wrote:

thank you for being more specific, but with that being said doesn't you specifying you want to make a kind of mario doom mod mean you already have an idea? i don't feel like the creation of this thread is justified because of that, unless you want to make custom level and platforming mechanics in LUA, a la sonic robo blast 2.
either way now that you've said that there's little reason to continue on replying to the thread now that the issue is solved, imo.

Thank you

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.