MFGG Forums
Getting this off my chest, for real. - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Getting this off my chest, for real. (/showthread.php?tid=2544)

Getting this off my chest, for real. - SonicKade2048 - 09-11-2020

Hello. My name is SonicKade2048, and I want to apologize.

As some of you know, I wasn't the best member of MFGG back then. I don't think I'd count myself as a good member now, either. I was a really bad person to be around on the phpBB forums, causing drama, having mental breakdowns, and overall, just being a jerk. However, recently I realized that, despite all of my bad intentions in the past, I do have the opportunity to change for the future. I won't go into specifics, but in short, I took a really long look at a large chunk of things I caused that made people think negatively of me. I was annoying, bothersome, rude, all sorts of things, but now?

I can change.

I'm sorry for everything I did to hurt people emotionally. I'm sorry for everything I did to hurt people mentally. I'm sorry for the multiple, MULTIPLE disruptions on the forums and Discord server(s) to make myself appear unlikable. I want people to think I'm a good person, and starting tomorrow, I'm going to work on that. This may seem like a bunch of nothing to some people reading this, and it's your choice to ignore this if you don't know who I am that well, or even at all. But, my point is, I apologize. I'm not doing another "bait" like I used to on the phpBB forums, that was low blow after low blow. I admit that my actions there, and elsewhere, were wrong of me to do. This even extends past MFGG as a whole, but that's a story not meant for MFGG. What I mean by all of this is...

I am sorry.

Sincerely,
    SonicKade2048 (Kirb)

RE: Getting this off my chest, for real. - Vert - 09-11-2020

it's cool

change is hard but admitting fault and taking the first steps is a good start I suppose

RE: Getting this off my chest, for real. - Amine Retro - 09-11-2020

I'm not sure exactly what happened, but so long as you're realizing your faults and trying to improve, i think you're good.

RE: Getting this off my chest, for real. - Mario - 09-11-2020

Delete this post and save yourself the embarrassment.

"starting tomorrow," ? come on dude. First of all, if you want to get better, you'll start now.

These big pity party apology posts are worthless and annoying. Nobody's holding anything against you from the phpbb forums. Some of the staff we have now weren't even active then. I don't know what youre obsession is with bringing them up. Your behaviour now is what you're judged for- and if you want that to change? You do the work to do better. That's it. There's no magic giant post you can write that will solve all your issues.

If there's issues with individuals you think you need to resolve, then you need to resolve those on an individual level, on both of your terms. But as a community as a whole? Just do better. Or leave. Or don't do anything just like last time, or the time before that, or I'm sure this has happened on Discord quite a few times as well.

RE: Getting this off my chest, for real. - warioCritic - 09-11-2020

this is your 2nd or 3rd time doing this "I'm sorry" post, like dude please just stop beating yourself on the ground and change now.

RE: Getting this off my chest, for real. - Evil Yoshi Toes - 09-11-2020

Kirb, you've already apologized numerous times for your behavior a long time ago and you've shown that you've improved through your actions. An apology like this isn't necessary, it's probably just going to stress you out more and make you think you're worse than you are. You're doing fine  SMW Mario

RE: Getting this off my chest, for real. - zelma - 09-11-2020

SoniceKate, your heart flower has always been bright but now it's even brighter. I am happy you are announcing your plan for change. It is never too late but like the famous plumber said it is better to act NOW as opposed to later. Best of luck !

This is SonicKate's theme now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPrRBPdlUTE

RE: Getting this off my chest, for real. - Yakibomb - 09-11-2020

I guess my two cents should be said about your post -- Kirb, vulnerability is something worth cultivating. Is it ok to be vulnerable. Tell that to yourself.

Look, I can't exactly give you the psychological tools you really need to navigate these things (let's just put that out there -- a lot of people need these tools), I will tell you some cold, hard facts here:

- People really only care about who you are in the moment.

When I hear your post, I feel like you're still struggling with, I'm going to say it, shame. It sounds like you're having a hard time accepting yourself.

Let me tell you now, that it is not easy, but I will tell you a secret: Compassion. Love your life. Love everything about it, even your shame.

People don't exist for very long, and to be sorry for so many times... you don't get much out of it.

My lasting words are: Language is a powerful tool, and 'sorry' is powerful in itself. You want to be careful about it, because you don't want to undermine your own... world, essentially. You're valid, and the way you talk to yourself is how you talk to people, and the world as it is.

You can change. I believe in you.

RE: Getting this off my chest, for real. - Fun With Despair - 09-11-2020

Kirb you really didn't need to make this thread. You are already a much better member than you are a couple years ago. Your words here are mostly pointless in their entirety because you don't have anything to apologize for right now. Your actions are showing your growth and improvement without that.

RE: Getting this off my chest, for real. - Hyper - 09-12-2020

(09-11-2020, 09:14 AM)Mario Wrote: Delete this post and save yourself the embarrassment.

"starting tomorrow," ? come on dude. First of all, if you want to get better, you'll start now.

These big pity party apology posts are worthless and annoying. Nobody's holding anything against you from the phpbb forums. Some of the staff we have now weren't even active then. I don't know what youre obsession is with bringing them up. Your behaviour now is what you're judged for- and if you want that to change? You do the work to do better. That's it. There's no magic giant post you can write that will solve all your issues.

If there's issues with individuals you think you need to resolve, then you need to resolve those on an individual level, on both of your terms. But as a community as a whole? Just do better. Or leave. Or don't do anything just like last time, or the time before that, or I'm sure this has happened on Discord quite a few times as well.
I completely agree with this. I lost count how many times you have apologized in Discord. It's like a boy who cried for wolf, we don't feel it is really sincere as it was initially even if you're genuinely sorry. Some of us will expect you to leave the community, then come back and behave the same way it is after some time. Don't get me wrong, you have improved over the years. In short: your actions speak louder than words.

If I were you, make a mental note of your mistakes and remind yourself to think before posting. Write it down if you can't remember it that well.

Like Mario said, if you want to change, it is now. Not tomorrow.

RE: Getting this off my chest, for real. - GeneralGuy - 09-13-2020

It's okay. You're fine

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.