MFGG Forums
Night One: Investigation Phase - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: The Dungeon (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: The Vault (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Forum: The Killing Dimention (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: Night One: Investigation Phase (/showthread.php?tid=257)

Pages: 1 2 3

Night One: Investigation Phase - Dimentio - 12-15-2017

Attention, players! There has been a death in the castle.

@"SF: The Dark Warrior" has been found DEAD in his BEDROOM.

SF: The Dark Warrior was the ULTIMATE PLUMBER and his details are as follows:
+During the Killing Phase, you may use the ability WARP PIPE to use any plumbing as a shortcut from one room to another, as long as there is an entrance/exit such as a sink or toilet.
+During the Investigation Phase, you may gain additional clues about the case if you investigate the plumbing, provided the plumbing is relevant of course. For example, you might find blood in the drain and prove that someone tried to wash away evidence. This would make anyone seen entering that room a suspect.
-Your colorful clothing makes you stand out in Witness Accounts.
-You smell like you crawled out of a sewer any time you use your WARP PIPE.

Here are the details of the crime scene:
  • He appears to have been STABBED, with a gaping wound in his CHEST.
  • BLOOD and a GREEN, GLOWING SUBSTANCE cover the ROOM.
  • The CLOSET is OPEN.
You may investigate the body and room to learn more.

Here are some reports from STAFF around the CASTLE:
  • Someone dressed as a TOAD, the CLOTHING too tight to fit them properly.
  • The DUMBWAITER was used as a PASSAGEWAY multiple times.
  • Someone seen FLYING through the DINING ROOM and out the EXTERIOR WALL of the CASTLE.
  • TOADS from the GARDEN report seeing that someone FLEW threw the wall of one of the ROOMS from the OUTSIDE.
They have been working hard all night and are not available for further questioning. You will have to rely on each other's WITNESS ACCOUNTS to answer further questions.

In addition, a SECRET PASSAGEWAY has been opened in BEDROOM HALL B to the DINING ROOM.

Remember not to post or share this WITNESS ACCOUNT verbatim or you will be EXECUTED immediately. Summarize and recount the night’s events in your own words. Below are the rest of the rules for the Investigation Phase! In addition, the map has been updated:

Peach's Castle Interior

Peach's Castle Exterior

Rules: Investigation Phase
This phase, also lasting a day, is where the more social aspect of the game kicks in. The victim will be discovered, the crime scene will be revealed, and the anonymous "witness accounts' will be revealed all in the OP for this phase thread. The witnesses may know more than the thread lets on, but if you're a witness, you might want to be careful about coming forward with the info you have received, lest you seem suspicious yourself as a result.

If you want an example of how these Investigation Phases go, there's plenty in the archives. They're overall very simple to understand.

But it's all in your hands now. Whether you're the killer or not, the evidence is laid out, the witnesses are around, and you'll welcome to request more info on the scene, body, or anything else. The host will answer your questions about the case and evidence, up to a certain point obviously. You won't just be able to ask who the killer is. 

Discussion and defense of your position, along with speculation on roles and private conversation with anyone you deem trustworthy is encouraged, but do try to keep a decent chunk of your revelations and accusations in the thread. There were some people who liked to observe the last one, and I'd like to keep it fun for them too.

You can INVESTIGATE the body, SEARCH rooms, etc. by posing your question in the Investigation Phase thread to me using
Code:
@"Dimentio" insert question here

The Players
@Blastermaster
@Evil Yoshi Toes
@littlelum
@"Mr. Saltman"
@"Nagito Komaeda"
@StirlADrei
@UltLuigi
@VinnyVideo
@Willsaber
@Yoshin

The Deceased
KirbyLover2048
SF: The Dark Warrior

RE: Night One: Investigation Phase - GothGirlGangBlasterMaster - 12-15-2017

rip in peace

real talk i want to make sure everyone realizes this: do not copy-paste your witness account PM or you will insta-die
normally i'd be all about killing people off but we already had an execution today

RE: Night One: Investigation Phase - Dimentio - 12-15-2017

All WITNESS ACCOUNTS have been sent out!

RE: Night One: Investigation Phase - Fun With Despair - 12-15-2017

Well, I suppose it's time I recounted the events of this night.

[Image: wpVgarE.png?1]

When I woke, I was in a total daze. I was hungry too, noticeably so. I decided to leave my room in search of snacks, against my better judgment, but I wasn't killed, so maybe it was the right choice after all. I guess I'm just lucky like that! 

Anyway, I made my way to the Kitchen, but on the way, I saw an armored turtle of some sort, flipping furniture over while Willsaber watched from afar, dressed in some sort of... plush costume. It was strange to say the least.

Sorry, got a little off track there.

[Image: X4Z7lBU.png?1]

I finally made it to the Kitchen, where I grab some snacks and take the dumbwaiter up. I see Ultluigi up there, making a mess, and that kind of wonton chaos just... bothers me, so I decided I'd grab some equipment, and clean the place up before anything bad could happen! 

I put on a janitorial uniform, to keep my clothes clean, and went down to the Kitchen again, where I grabbed a mop, some solvent, and a bucket to help me out. As I do this, Ultluigi came downstairs and started cooking. Figuring I'll wait until he's done to clean the Kitchen, I leave.

[Image: p5NAKVk.png?1]

And I'm met with a terrible sight! Willsaber was lying on the ground, bleeding out. Naturally, I went over to clean up the mess he left, but VinnyVideo came over and attempted to fart on me. This fails though, because the cleaning solvent makes him sick, or... something, and he leaves.

I get right back to work mopping though, seeing Ultluigi heading to the bedrooms from the kitchen. Yoshin tries to get me to watch anime, but I'm not really into the type that she was suggesting. "Cute girls" aren't enough of a draw for me, I suppose. Hahahaha...

Anyway, Mr. Saltman passes me wearing a towel as I head to clean up the bedroom hall, but just as that happens...

[Image: ihiGXUs.png?1]

Willsaber stands up, and he's holding a knife! He grabs some bloody fabric off the ground, and puts it on like a cape, before heading off to god knows where...

[Image: T9aHIw0.png?1]

Scary stuff aside, I just spend the rest of the night wandering around and cleaning! That Ultluigi left a huge mess too, hahaha. Just my luck, to have to spend the whole night cleaning up after others, but it's fine! 

I'm sure we'll catch the killer!

will was seen with a knife?
was he walking towards the bedrooms?

@Dimentio Is there any way I could check the outside of the castle, where the Toad saw someone phase through the wall? I have a couple theories, but I need to know if there's any sign of weird stuff there.

@"Nagito Komaeda" You walk outside and look at the wall for any signs of anything SUSPICIOUS, looking especially along the castle walls. You spot a green, glowing substance on the wall where you'd assume BED ROOM HALL B to be. Due to the MOAT, however, you cannot get a closer look at the SUBSTANCE.

(12-15-2017, 02:11 AM)Blastermaster Wrote: will was seen with a knife?

[Image: oHVldCt.png?1]

I...I'm not sure unfortunately, but it appeared he was walking in the direction of the bedrooms. He could have been going to the Kitchen too, but I believe Ultluigi was in there, so I imagine we'll have to wait for him to post his information.

(12-15-2017, 02:25 AM)Nagito Komaeda Wrote:
(12-15-2017, 02:11 AM)Blastermaster Wrote: will was seen with a knife?

[Image: oHVldCt.png?1]

I...I'm not sure unfortunately, but it appeared he was walking in the direction of the bedrooms. He could have been going to the Kitchen too, but I believe Ultluigi was in there, so I imagine we'll have to wait for him to post his information.

s***
@UltLuigi what did you see?

RE: Night One: Investigation Phase - Willsaber - 12-15-2017

(12-15-2017, 02:32 AM)Blastermaster Wrote: s***
@UltLuigi what did you see?

I'll tell you what I saw. A secret button, hidden in plain sight in Bedroom Hall A!! I plan to press it later, but I'm worried it could have a trap. I'd get my evil underlings to handle that task, but they'll be too busy cleaning my bedroom walls...

(12-15-2017, 04:26 AM)Willsaber Wrote: I'll tell you what I saw. A secret button, hidden in plain sight in Bedroom Hall A!! I plan to press it later, but I'm worried it could have a trap. I'd get my evil underlings to handle that task, but they'll be too busy cleaning my bedroom walls...

so you were lurking around in the bedroom hall...

i went to the library for a couple of this cool book dianetics that mason was telling me about. i decided to read outside to get away from all the craziness.
when i came back in i noticed nagito standing over an unconscious willsaber. looked like he was trying to wake you up! real nice guy, that komaeda.
i'm not a dr. mario, so i left him to his devices and went to bed.

RE: Night One: Investigation Phase - VinnyVideo - 12-15-2017

I woke up and jumped out of bed. Man, was I famished! I headed straight to the dining room. I was almost too hungry to notice that Willsaber was passed out on the floor next to a suspicious-looking Toad!

There were some tasty treats in the dining room, but I was disappointed by all the cleaning supplies and uniforms I found. That clean smell really put a damper on my dining experience. I'm going to leave a negative Yelp review.

Then I ran straight into Yoshin. She invited me to hang out in the gym and watch some anime. I couldn't say no to such a VIP!

When I left to retire for the night, I saw Willsaber was alive and moving, but he was acting mighty strange. I thought it would be wise to pick up the pace and make sure the doors were locked before I hit the hay!

@Dimentio Is there anything strange around the 2F STAIRS?

@VinnyVideo, no. The floor smells strongly like PINE-SOL. Otherwise, nothing out of the ordinary.

@Dimentio I'd like to take a look into Bedroom Hall B, if possible. Multiple people were seen going there, and I'm wondering if anything looks out of place.

hold on lol
a bunch of people were seen in the kitchen and this was a stabbing
@Dimentio can we check the knife drawer?

RE: Night One: Investigation Phase - Shadow Administrator Drei - 12-15-2017

A lot of hungry people for no apparent reason . . . I'm leery of Vinny's supposed hunger. Will is the other obvious suspect. I'd love to hear more accounts haha

I was knocked out all night. Someone must've tried to kill me, but only put me out haha

(12-15-2017, 03:12 PM)Nagito Komaeda Wrote: @Dimentio I'd like to take a look into Bedroom Hall B, if possible. Multiple people were seen going there, and I'm wondering if anything looks out of place.
The only thing out of place in the Hall itself is Furniture has been moved around and a new Passageway is opened. Otherwise, nothing stands out to you.

If you'd like to examine rooms in the bedroom halls you have to ask specifically to do so.

(12-15-2017, 03:49 PM)Blastermaster Wrote: hold on lol
a bunch of people were seen in the kitchen and this was a stabbing
@Dimentio can we check the knife drawer?

You check the KNIFE DRAWER and you find that it is filled with a GLOWING, GREEN SUBSTANCE that smells like a ROTTING CORPSE.

Three slots in the tray are empty out of six, so your best guess is that three KNIVES are MISSING.

@Willsaber You said in the Discord that you woke up in your room after the stabbing. May I have permission to examine your room for clues?

if we're going into bedrooms, we should check the victim's as well. it looks like that green substance in his room was also found on the weapons.
@Dimentio, i'd like to look in the victim's room in more detail. where exactly was the green stuff?

RE: Night One: Investigation Phase - Willsaber - 12-15-2017

Here's my account. Before getting grievously wounded, I went out to observe Bedroom Hall A. My underlings discovered a secret switch, and I saw Komaeda enter the kitchen. I guess he must've seen me too, because this lines up with his account perfectly. Next thing I know, a Toad janitor knifes me in the gut... and that's it. I blacked out, waking up in my bedroom some time later. I do not know what actions I took in the time in between Komaeda saw me bleeding out, and Vinny seeing me walking around the halls. I suspect my actions were not my own.

(12-15-2017, 05:25 PM)Nagito Komaeda Wrote: @Willsaber You said in the Discord that you woke up in your room after the stabbing. May I have permission to examine your room for clues?

Of course! Mind the mess, though. The same goop on the Stairs somehow wound up in my bedroom.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.