MFGG Forums
AVGN1+2DX - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: AVGN1+2DX (/showthread.php?tid=2577)

AVGN1+2DX - Vert - 10-30-2020

So AVGN1+2DX came out on Steam and Switch. They're pretty good games, pretty fun and hard s***, and it's only 15 bucks so I'd recommend it.

Also some guy named DJ Yoshiman's in the credits. For some reason that name sounds familiar.

RE: AVGN1+2DX - fireball3k - 11-02-2020

i think i've heard that name as well. this mysterious DJ yoshiman is rumored to be an old-school mfgger, but the intel is inconclusive. 

it's worth noting that these fine specimens of video game buffalo diarrhea f***farts were designed in clickteam fusion. it's really nice to see a tool like clickteam or game maker being used to make console games, since that's something i could have only dreamed of as a kid. i can't speak for the second game since i've never played it, but the first AVGN adventures is really good. it's likely as difficult, if not moreso than something like castlevania or ninja gaiden, but it's put together well enough that it dovetails nicely with the game's theme.

RE: AVGN1+2DX - warioCritic - 11-02-2020

who is this dj yoshiman and when will we have what is this thing 3?

RE: AVGN1+2DX - Slayer - 11-03-2020

I have heard and downloaded one of his sprite sheets 2 years ago...  Hat Hold

RE: AVGN1+2DX - Vert - 11-03-2020

(11-02-2020, 05:22 PM)fireball3k Wrote: i think i've heard that name as well. this mysterious DJ yoshiman is rumored to be an old-school mfgger, but the intel is inconclusive. 

it's worth noting that these fine specimens of video game buffalo diarrhea f***farts were designed in clickteam fusion. it's really nice to see a tool like clickteam or game maker being used to make console games, since that's something i could have only dreamed of as a kid. i can't speak for the second game since i've never played it, but the first AVGN adventures is really good. it's likely as difficult, if not moreso than something like castlevania or ninja gaiden, but it's put together well enough that it dovetails nicely with the game's theme.

the avgn games are made in unity though

the second game is legitimately great, big improvement over the first

RE: AVGN1+2DX - Mors - 11-04-2020

shoutouts to dj yoshiman

I got the original game a while ago... Never even played it lol.

And now there's a remake...........

RE: AVGN1+2DX - namarang - 11-09-2020

Thanks for the introduction
It looks great and 15 bucks is a good price to buy.

RE: AVGN1+2DX - OssieTheOstrich - 11-10-2020

(11-04-2020, 10:23 AM)Mors Wrote: shoutouts to dj yoshiman

lol imagine buying a game but never playing it

also what exactly did DJ Yoshiman do relating to the game to get a mention in the credits?

RE: AVGN1+2DX - Vert - 11-10-2020

(11-10-2020, 04:55 AM)Ostrich101 Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 10:23 AM)Mors Wrote: shoutouts to dj yoshiman

lol imagine buying a game but never playing it

also what exactly did DJ Yoshiman do relating to the game to get a mention in the credits?

Playtesting

RE: AVGN1+2DX - fireball3k - 11-13-2020

(11-03-2020, 03:58 PM)Vert Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 05:22 PM)fireball3k Wrote: i think i've heard that name as well. this mysterious DJ yoshiman is rumored to be an old-school mfgger, but the intel is inconclusive. 

the avgn games are made in unity though

the second game is legitimately great, big improvement over the first

well, i was part right and part wrong. the first one was made using clickteam originally, according to what i could dig up, but the second one was indeed made in unity like you said.

still might have to get this collection, though

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.