MFGG Forums
COMPLETED Paper Mario OC Editor - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development Showcase (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: COMPLETED Paper Mario OC Editor (/showthread.php?tid=2588)

Paper Mario OC Editor - Simpson55 - 11-26-2020

Are you a fan of Paper Mario? Don't you love the vast array of unique characters featured in the series' last installments? Have you ever dreamt of easily making you very own Paper Mario OC with no skill required? Well this is your lucky day! Here comes Paper Mario OC Editor, a brand new tool/game that lets you create your own characer design! Your imagination is the only limit! (That and Nintendo's policy regarding characters' design)
 [Image: bq7n.png]
Download here.

Controls
* Escape: close the game
* Mouse: everything else

Credits
* Graphics: Nintendo (poorly retraced by me), me
* Music: Disconnection - My only love (poorly edited by me)
* Engine: GMS 1.4/GMS 2

RE: Paper Mario OC Editor - warioCritic - 11-26-2020

every oc maker game in a nutshell, im gonna try and make one.

RE: Paper Mario OC Editor - Simpson55 - 11-26-2020

(11-26-2020, 10:53 PM)warioCritic Wrote: every oc maker game in a nutshell, im gonna try and make one.

It's funny, that reminds me that I've never played any OC maker game before. How come I didn't realize that while making this game...

RE: Paper Mario OC Editor - Slayer - 11-28-2020

oh well thats nice, right when I was going to get the paper mario n64 rom file I saw this

RE: Paper Mario OC Editor - Pedigree - 11-28-2020

It's a generic Toad dress up application with very simplistic options. Not very useful and definitely not a game.

It also launches in fullscreen with no way to turn fullscreen off, has loud and obnoxious music.

RE: Paper Mario OC Editor - Simpson55 - 11-28-2020

(11-28-2020, 03:27 PM)Pedigree Wrote: It's a generic Toad dress up application with very simplistic options. Not very useful and definitely not a game.

It also launches in fullscreen with no way to turn fullscreen off, has loud and obnoxious music.
Well I'm glad you described exactly what I meant to make. This is NOT a serious game. I didn't think I needed to say it was a joke game though, oops.
Edit: you can force the game to be in window mode by pressing alt+enter though.

RE: Paper Mario OC Editor - SuperSledgeBro - 11-28-2020

The only accessories are 2 glasses and 3 hats? I was expecting more from it, since the presentation was good.

RE: Paper Mario OC Editor - Pedigree - 11-28-2020

(11-28-2020, 04:52 PM)Simpson55 Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 03:27 PM)Pedigree Wrote: It's a generic Toad dress up application with very simplistic options. Not very useful and definitely not a game.

Well I'm glad you described exactly what I meant to make. This is NOT a serious game. I didn't think I needed to say it was a joke game though, oops.
Edit: you can force the game to be in window mode by pressing alt+enter though.
I know it's not a serious game but the same joke could probably have been made with a still image. If you insist on making joke games, at least put a little more content into it.

I did try Alt + Enter when I opened the app originally and it did not work.

RE: Paper Mario OC Editor - recent - 11-29-2020

(11-28-2020, 07:51 PM)Pedigree Wrote: I know it's not a serious game but the same joke could probably have been made with a still image. If you insist on making joke games, at least put a little more content into it.

its a "nu paper mario is soulless" joke

RE: Paper Mario OC Editor - Pedigree - 11-29-2020

Yes I already know and understand the joke

it's just a lame execution in which you would have gotten the same point across with a still image

RE: Paper Mario OC Editor - Simpson55 - 11-29-2020

Yeah I guess it was just funnier to make than to play then. Anyway at least it's functionnal. One last thing though, I like the last paper mario games, I just dislike the lack of variety of its NPCs.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.