MFGG Forums
COVID-19: December 2020 Edition - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: COVID-19: December 2020 Edition (/showthread.php?tid=2602)

COVID-19: December 2020 Edition - VinnyVideo - 12-09-2020

Sadly, the coronavirus pandemic continues to haunt us. COVID-19 remains a serious problem in a huge chunk of the world, including most of North America and Europe.

How are you coping with COVID-19?

I'm not going out and about much. I feel comfortable walking in my neighborhood or at local parks (assuming said parks aren't super-busy), where it's easy to maintain social distancing. I took a trip a little over a month ago - I ate out a bunch of times, but most of the time I hung out at social distancing-friendly places. This weekend I might see a friend I haven't seen since B.C. (Before Coronavirus), but I feel a little iffy about even doing that.

I miss being able to go out and do things I used to be able to do without even thinking about whether it's safe or not, but I'm thankful that everyone in my family has stayed safe, and that my job hasn't been disrupted. (I've also done more game development than I've done in many years!)

RE: COVID-19: December 2020 Edition - Pedigree - 12-10-2020

Boyfriend brought covid home from work and I think I may be getting symptoms now... I haven't gone anywhere really in months and was as careful as I could be. What you gonna do?

RE: COVID-19: December 2020 Edition - Murphmario - 12-10-2020

I just stay home most of the time anyways, so it's not impacting me too terribly much. Do wish collages had classes in-person though, I hate online classes since I can't really get any IRL friends that way and also because I just prefer in-person classes.

RE: COVID-19: December 2020 Edition - warioCritic - 12-10-2020

i am sick rn but i am still walking just no not be lazy, i been drinking night quill or whatever its called to help me so i might be fine. but other than that i'm fine, im watching a vinesauce ultra dos quality megapak video just to pass time.

also!!!! a new smash player is gonna get revealed tomorrow at 4 pm!!!!! i am exited!

RE: COVID-19: December 2020 Edition - Yakibomb - 12-10-2020

Mom and I are awaiting COVID-19 results. The results are soon to come. We hope it's negative.

In world news, the US had 3k deaths yesterday (December 9th, 2020).

RE: COVID-19: December 2020 Edition - Andy Journey - 12-10-2020

Not really giving two shits about it.

RE: COVID-19: December 2020 Edition - Pedigree - 12-10-2020

Covid-19 confirmed. Tested positive today. They injected me with regeneron antibodies and are hoping through the study that the antibodies will prevent serious symptoms and shorten the time I am positive. This study I'm enrolled in is gonna pay me $3000

I currently have no symptoms which is why I'm able to be in this study. The study was seeking people who live with confirmed covid patients but show no symptoms themselves. This drug was part of the cocktail they treated trump with so that's interesting

RE: COVID-19: December 2020 Edition - Vert - 12-10-2020

(12-10-2020, 05:15 PM)Pedigree Wrote: Covid-19 confirmed. Tested positive today. They injected me with regeneron antibodies and are hoping through the study that the antibodies will prevent serious symptoms and shorten the time I am positive. This study I'm enrolled in is gonna pay me $3000

I currently have no symptoms which is why I'm able to be in this study. The study was seeking people who live with confirmed covid patients but show no symptoms themselves. This drug was part of the cocktail they treated trump with so that's interesting

I already said this in the Discord but good luck man. That's really poopy.

RE: COVID-19: December 2020 Edition - VinnyVideo - 12-10-2020

@Pedigree Yeah, that's rough - and it's especially frustrating when you've been careful. Most people with COVID-19 only face mild to moderate symptoms, but take it easy man. It's cool that you were able to contribute to research on the COVID-19 and get paid for it.

@Murphmario I hear ya. I totally understand why so many schools have adopted an all-online format, but you definitely lose something when you're not meeting face-to-face.

@Yakibomb I hope you hear good news! And yeah, U.S. COVID-19 deaths are at a high right now.

RE: COVID-19: December 2020 Edition - Yakibomb - 12-11-2020

We're Negative.

RE: COVID-19: December 2020 Edition - HylianDev - 12-11-2020

i know a few people that got sick, but i have yet to myself. ive been social distancing pretty consistently since march, thankfully i am able to

i hope to get the vaccine soon after one is approved, but idk yet if my habits will change immediately after

RE: COVID-19: December 2020 Edition - smbmaster99 - 12-11-2020

I've been well so far, thankfully. A lot of people I know have caught it and thankfully recovered though.

My irl social life hasn't changed much; only main difference is the latter quarter of my Spring semester was all-online, this Fall semester was all-online for me, and my last class next semester is also online-exclusive. Personally I kinda prefer this; I've saved tons of money from not having to commute back and forth from school and our lectures are now recorded, making it much easier to review important topics

RE: COVID-19: December 2020 Edition - fireball3k - 12-11-2020

my cousin molly and her husband got it. like many people, they suffered from a pretty mild case of it, but they have two young daughters, one of whom has down's syndrome and has had persistent issues with her heart. as far as i know, neither daughter contracted it

RE: COVID-19: December 2020 Edition - jas - 12-11-2020

(12-10-2020, 05:15 PM)Pedigree Wrote: Covid-19 confirmed. Tested positive today. They injected me with regeneron antibodies and are hoping through the study that the antibodies will prevent serious symptoms and shorten the time I am positive. This study I'm enrolled in is gonna pay me $3000

I'm sorry to hear this, hope you guys recover without complications. 
The drug trial sounds promising

RE: COVID-19: December 2020 Edition - WWpl4y3r - 12-12-2020

It's been a while since I last went out of home. Even though I'm debatably the "healthy side" of this home, I'm keeping myself in so granny doesn't get infected in case I do. She also adopted a less outgoing behavior, the only place she goes everyday is her sister's home up the street.

RE: COVID-19: December 2020 Edition - King Piranha Plant - 12-12-2020

Sorry to hear you guys caught it @Pedigree , that seriously sucks. Wishing you a calm and swift recovery, friend < 3

Quarantine's been hard af, but I recently started driving Uber Eats and Postmates as a day job which helped me get out of my comfort zone and into the sun more. Hoping what they say is true and that things might be a little more normal by Summer? I'm doubtful but still hoping everything improves.

RE: COVID-19: December 2020 Edition - Merit Celaire - 12-14-2020

First of all, I really, really, really hate this stupid COVID-19 pandemic; ever since it was officially declared, I've been in "triple caution mode" everywhere (with making sure that I definitely have a mask on me when I'm going out so I don't become a statistic).

It's also been messing with my mental groove as well; hopefully when this pandemic gets quashed in due time. Thankfully, it seems that from the recent news reports that I've heard, the crucial vaccines are on the way, especially to the hospitals that are literally screaming "HELP!!!" right now.

RE: COVID-19: December 2020 Edition - Mariotroid - 12-21-2020

I moved to my college's residence in January 2020. It was a tough time. I didn't have a job and kind of was worrying, but didn't bother applying anywhere. Then CERB happened. I received money to pay down debts I had. Now I started a job in October after applying 32 places. I'm pretty happy now that finances are under control.

This covid s*** doesn't really affect me all that much. I'm doing pretty well. I enjoy online classes. Makes working a job easier, takes the time going to class out of the equation. I just hope people who have families aren't too affected, My brother's wife is pregnant which is a high risk during these times. I'm sure we will all get through it though.

RE: COVID-19: December 2020 Edition - Tech - 12-24-2020

It hasn't really affected me this month, but we were in a lockdown for months and that seemed to have worked to getting next to no active cases.  So it's pretty much business as usual for me.

I also bought my first home a few months ago, and settlement for it was last week.  I now legally own a house; I really didn't think this was going to happen considering how bad this year has been.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.