MFGG Forums
Coffee Fan Games Galaxy - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Coffee Fan Games Galaxy (/showthread.php?tid=261)

Pages: 1 2

Coffee Fan Games Galaxy - HylianDev - 12-15-2017

Coffee! Do you drink it?

I drink it every morning before work. If I grab lunch on a day off at a place with good coffee, I'll get it then too.

Earlier this year, I was drinking my coffee with loads of cream and sugar in it. I was spending about $1 a day to get my coffee from McDonald's also, and wasting a bunch of time in the process. Now, I've completely cut out all cream and sugar and I just drink it black.

It's WAY better for my health, it's easier since I never require access to refrigerated cream or real sugar, and it's also easier to just make it from home now which is significantly cheaper.

Plus -- and this is merely an opinion thing of course -- I think it tastes just as good, if not better. I'm actually tasting the coffee. If you like cream and sugar in it, you're not doing it wrong or anything. But I do know what coffee actually tastes like now, and why it ever became a popular drink in the first place.

It's good for you, too! Coffee has a bunch of antioxidants and it's anti-inflammatory. Inflammation is the catalyst for a lot of health issues; reducing it over your lifetime will have benefits down the road. And remember, the lighter the roast, the better it is for you!

So, do you like coffee? Do you drink it black or creamy, sweet or not, hot or cold, however?

RE: Coffee Fan Games Galaxy - VinnyVideo - 12-15-2017

I actually don't drink coffee. Every once in a while I'll drink a fizzy caffeinated beverage, but I don't consume a lot of caffeine in general.

A lot of research suggests that coffee might offer positive health effects, as long as you don't go overboard with the sugar and fat. A lot of people don't realize that many popular Starbucks drinks have 500 or even 600 calories!

RE: Coffee Fan Games Galaxy - DustinVG - 12-15-2017

Moved to GC as this is a legit topic with legit discussion.

Anyway, I typically just have coffee-based desserts. Not sure I’m crazy about it black but I haven’t tried much.

RE: Coffee Fan Games Galaxy - HylianDev - 12-15-2017

Yeah, coffee-flavored things can be really good. Black coffee is definitely an acquired taste though.

(12-15-2017, 02:52 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote: A lot of research suggests that coffee might offer positive health effects, as long as you don't go overboard with the sugar and fat. A lot of people don't realize that many popular Starbucks drinks have 500 or even 600 calories!

Yeah I've definitely come to see Starbucks as a treat, not as a regular thing. It's so expensive too.

RE: Coffee Fan Games Galaxy - Kritter - 12-15-2017

The concept of coffee with cream in it is bizarre to me. Here in Australia our coffee of choice when we're not feeling snobby is a "flat white" which is just coffee with milk, or you can get it with skim milk if you want a skinny flat white. I used to drink a lot of coffee but nowadays I only get it as a treat when I'm out and have the time to get one, or I'll make myself one after my child has gone to bed so I have maybe 1 a day.

RE: Coffee Fan Games Galaxy - Fun With Despair - 12-15-2017

I enjoy coffee, but usually just black.

I find that too much cream and sugar makes me feel weird, but I'll occasionally use creamer if the coffee is poor quality and harsh.

RE: Coffee Fan Games Galaxy - Dock - 12-15-2017

I enjoy coffee, black with a some sugar. I have a cup or two before work, and will grab one from a gas station pretty much every time I go to one. In the winter I drink a lot more since it's cold out and coffees hot. In the summer I o not drink it in the mornings, or nights I have to stay up late.

RE: Coffee Fan Games Galaxy - Evil Yoshi Toes - 12-15-2017

I can drink coffee but I don't thoroughly enjoy it unless it's loaded with sugar and chocolate, like Starbucks would do. Of course I couldn't drink that every day as it would kill me, but I enjoy that every now and then. I sometimes drink coffee in the morning if I'm feeling tired, and I try to use as little cream and sugar as possible without it becoming unbearable for me. I'm sure I could acquire a taste for it black if I slowly cut down on the sugar and cream, which would be nice so I don't feel bad for having to drink it some mornings. Fortunately this isn't a huge problem as is since I'm a morning person, but sometimes I just don't get enough sleep.

RE: Coffee Fan Games Galaxy - Dock - 12-15-2017

I will say coffee isn't usually something you drink once and flare instantly hooked. I see it more as it just becomes part of your routine.

RE: Coffee Fan Games Galaxy - Demonlemon - 12-15-2017

I love coffee, usually I go for a 3 cream 3 sugar but I had some really good coffee in Nicaragua once that was nice enough that I only put 1 sugar in it

RE: Coffee Fan Games Galaxy - Pea - 12-15-2017

Coffee is starting to become inefficient to me. I've resorted to energy drinks and I hope I find an alternative soon.

Before you say anything, sleeping earlier doesn't help.

RE: Coffee Fan Games Galaxy - Evil Yoshi Toes - 12-16-2017

I'd definitely look for an alternative in your case. Loading up on energy drinks regularly can be quite bad for you.
You can supposedly train your body to be more tolerant of the mornings. I know a few people who were zombies in the mornings but, after making a habit of waking up early and cutting down on early morning caffeine, have become less sluggish in the mornings because their bodies have adapted. They definitely still aren't what would be considered "morning people," but they can get on with their days without relying so much on caffeine. This isn't anything I've experienced as I usually have no problem functioning in the morning, but it seems to make sense and I see no reason why they'd lie about it.

RE: Coffee Fan Games Galaxy - Pea - 12-16-2017

As much as I'd like to talk about how to stay up, I'll save that for another time.

Whenever I actually drink coffee, I just put cream in it. Sometimes sugar, sometimes milk. Cream and milk together is kind of awkward but it... works? I dunno. French Vanilla, Mocha and Chai Lattes are "special" picks for whenever I want to treat myself.

RE: Coffee Fan Games Galaxy - Yakibomb - 12-16-2017

I'm a coffee guy. Black is how I like it, though the coffee we brew at home is so unbearable I have to put milk in it. I like it cold.

At first I had doubts I'd use it, because I'd assumed it'd make my energy go down (less tolerant to everyday activities without it). However I noticed it sort of helps because I'm usually a stationary walking stick.

Bah! The acidity does get to my tum if I drink too much, though.

RE: Coffee Fan Games Galaxy - Andy Journey - 12-20-2017

I don't drink coffee, like AT ALL. That's funny considering how obsessed my country is with this beverage. I tasted it once when I was little (5 years old maybe), hated it and haven't touched it since.

I'm more of a tea person and I don't drink much of that either.

RE: Coffee Fan Games Galaxy - Zero Kirby - 12-20-2017

I've actively avoided coffee out of fear that once it becomes a part of my routine, I'll start building up that caffeine tolerance and start sliding down the slippery slope. I've had coworkers fall down the slippery slope of energy drinks, and don't want it to happen to me.

(I know it's different for everybody, but I'd rather not take a chance at becoming "that guy" who everyone hates because they're a jerk until they've had coffee in the morning.)

Naturally I still drink loads of soda and whatnot. Oops.

RE: Coffee Fan Games Galaxy - CuteYoshiGirl - 12-31-2017

I drink it when Im feeling crappy, but other than that, maybe once every other day.

When I was 20 I use to drink a lot of energy drinks, but now I have cardiac arrhythmia and had to stop.

Be careful with your caffeine intake

RE: Coffee Fan Games Galaxy - Mariotroid - 12-31-2017

I don't drink coffee cause the risks out weight the benefits to me. I drink pop but that's just cause I quit smoking.

RE: Coffee Fan Games Galaxy - HylianDev - 01-01-2018

What risks are there?

RE: Coffee Fan Games Galaxy - Mariotroid - 01-01-2018

I just don't like how jittery I get. It can be addictive. Causes anxiety. And it's really bad when I get a caffeine crash.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.