MFGG Forums
COMPLETED Mario Builder 12.0 - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development Showcase (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: COMPLETED Mario Builder 12.0 (/showthread.php?tid=2620)

Pages: 1 2

Mario Builder 12.0 - goh - 12-28-2020

Mario Builder (by Ting-Thing) returns in an all-new style by yours truly.

(CANNED)

RE: Mario Builder 12.0 - Gate - 12-28-2020

You may want to put some screenshots so people can see what they are going to play.

RE: Mario Builder 12.0 - goh - 12-28-2020

Don't mind if I do.
[Image: MarioBuilderV12-0_2020-12-28_11-55-21-27...height=414][Image: MarioBuilderV12-0_2020-12-28_11-56-16-45...height=414][Image: MarioBuilderV12-0_2020-12-28_11-57-55-67...height=414]

RE: Mario Builder 12.0 - LellyLL - 12-28-2020

[Image: c_2191608_CWjs8.gif]

LOL! No kidding why Gatete told to post screeenshots.

RE: Mario Builder 12.0 - LellyLL - 12-28-2020

.......the problem is the screenshots

RE: Mario Builder 12.0 - Pedigree - 12-28-2020

So you decided to use Hello Mario Engine to continue a discontinued project by someone else that probably didn't use HME as a base and therefore doesn't even come close to the same quality? I'm only assuming you used HME given your Error Occurred thread, so it's possible that I'm wrong and that you did something even lazier and just added a few things to the source of the last version of Mario Builder.

Idk this seems like a really obvious attempt to attention grab with very little effort needed on your part.

RE: Mario Builder 12.0 - warioCritic - 12-28-2020

(12-28-2020, 01:04 PM)goh Wrote: Don't mind if I do.
[Image: MarioBuilderV12-0_2020-12-28_11-55-21-27...height=414][Image: MarioBuilderV12-0_2020-12-28_11-56-16-45...height=414][Image: MarioBuilderV12-0_2020-12-28_11-57-55-67...height=414]

please be joking.

RE: Mario Builder 12.0 - Hyper - 12-28-2020

I guess they made the screenshot so small so it doesn't catch the attention of Nintendo Lawyers.

(12-28-2020, 04:34 PM)Pedigree Wrote: So you decided to use Hello Mario Engine to continue a discontinued project by someone else that probably didn't use HME as a base and therefore doesn't even come close to the same quality? I'm only assuming you used HME given your Error Occurred thread, so it's possible that I'm wrong and that you did something even lazier and just added a few things to the source of the last version of Mario Builder.

Idk this seems like a really obvious attempt to attention grab with very little effort needed on your part.

Uh, no. Mario Builder is discontinued cause of Ting_Thing and Nintendo so that's why it's gone. I'm taking over for a bit to see what you guys think. Like I said before, feedback will be appreciated. Besides, I added some custom stuff (like Blue Tweeters that you can stomp on and Orange/Purple Switches) to the game and fixed up a few things.

(12-28-2020, 04:57 PM)warioCritic Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 01:04 PM)goh Wrote: Don't mind if I do.

please be joking.

I'm not. Sorry for the bump.

RE: Mario Builder 12.0 - Hyper - 12-29-2020

Here is what I have noticed so far.

First of all, you seemed to set a pretty high bar. Based on your past posts, you doesn't seemed too familiar with Game Maker. Sure, starting a game with Hello Engine can be helpful for beginners and trying to make a Mario Maker like game would be fun as an excercise. But based on your past posts, this do require some elbow grease (decent amount of knowledge and effort) and you doesn't seemed to be as prepared.

Second. The tiny screenshot doesn't do the justice. What's your goal on these? I mean, it's very easy to know that these images are not in the proper size before uploading.

Third. Your most recent post in your coding help topic doesn't actually benefits you in the long run. Why? You're expecting people to write the codes for you instead of understanding the problems in the codes and learn from them. Metaphorically, you're sitting in a desert waiting for it to rain instead of travel to a place that rains.

Last. I've noticed that you're just beating around the bush every time we were asking you questions or giving you advises.

That's all I can say. I hope you can take some words and reconsier. You can always go back to your old projects once you get more experience.

RE: Mario Builder 12.0 - Simpson55 - 12-30-2020

Haven't heard of Mario Builder in 10 years or so! I used to have a lot of fun with this game until I discovered Super Mario Bros. X, which was way more advanced in pretty much every way.

RE: Mario Builder 12.0 - goh - 12-30-2020

(12-29-2020, 07:15 AM)Hypernova Wrote: Here is what I have noticed so far.

First of all, you seemed to set a pretty high bar. Based on your past posts, you doesn't seemed too familiar with Game Maker. Sure, starting a game with Hello Engine can be helpful for beginners and trying to make a Mario Maker like game would be fun as an excercise. But based on your past posts, this do require some elbow grease (decent amount of knowledge and effort) and you doesn't seemed to be as prepared.

Second. The tiny screenshot doesn't do the justice. What's your goal on these? I mean, it's very easy to know that these images are not in the proper size before uploading.

Third. Your most recent post in your coding help topic doesn't actually benefits you in the long run. Why? You're expecting people to write the codes for you instead of understanding the problems in the codes and learn from them. Metaphorically, you're sitting in a desert waiting for it to rain instead of travel to a place that rains.

Last. I've noticed that you're just beating around the bush every time we were asking you questions or giving you advises.

That's all I can say. I hope you can take some words and reconsier. You can always go back to your old projects once you get more experience.

First. Mario Builder hasn't been updated since 2014.
Second. Someone said these tiny images pervent Nintendo lawyers from seeing it.
Third. You guys didn't listen to me at all in porting and didn't give me the code
Last. I'm not beating bushes here.

RE: Mario Builder 12.0 - Pedigree - 12-30-2020

This thread is kinda funny.

No matter which way you slice it, you have a fan made version of an over 6 years cancelled project in which your change list is very short. You very much are trying to seek attention with this.

This project apparently was cancelled because of Nintendo DMCA, so there's the big problem. Don't post your own version of a DMCA'd project here lmao. We don't defy Nintendo lawyers here, it's bad for the site.

RE: Mario Builder 12.0 - Hyper - 12-30-2020

(12-30-2020, 09:31 AM)goh Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 07:15 AM)Hypernova Wrote: Here is what I have noticed so far.

First. Mario Builder hasn't been updated since 2014.
Third. You guys didn't listen to me at all in porting and didn't give me the code

That's really mature of you redirecting your response back like a spoiled kid thinking you're in the right. Sure I have my imperfections but these are the lamest excuses I have ever seen. I have a life and I do not have time to make up codes for you. Best of luck and bless your hearts.

RE: Mario Builder 12.0 - smbmaster99 - 12-30-2020

(12-30-2020, 09:31 AM)goh Wrote: First. Mario Builder hasn't been updated since 2014.

Those are terrible excuses.

1. Mario builder was apparently cancelled due to a DMCA from Nintendo. Can you blame the original creator for cancelling it? It'd be foolish to attempt remaking it, it'd only lead to another take-down
2. You're joking, right? As if small screenshots will prevent anyone from issuing a DMCA with the rights to do so
3. Sonny jim, we told you exactly what was wrong with the code and you ignored us and continued to post the same error more than once. No we didn't give you the code, because it's to your benefit that you understand the problem and go about fixing it yourself than for us to give free handouts. "Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day; Teach a man how to fish, and you feed him for the rest of his days."
4. Then what exactly do you call what it is you're doing, then? You ask for help, we provide. You follow up by saying the error is still happening, showing the exact same error message word-for-word as the first time. We tell you again what the problem is and how to fix it, and you straight up tell us, in so many words, "give me the code i need". That isn't how things work in game dev, or programming in general.

You're quickly en-route to not getting any help from any of us

RE: Mario Builder 12.0 - mrpin355 - 12-30-2020

This game is poorly optimized and outdated, I'm not sure why you decided to make a project like this in 2020, which is hilarious to me considering that we're just one day away to a new year. Aren't you tired of the loading screen taking 9 million years to load and it taking up majority of your cpu?

RE: Mario Builder 12.0 - Cell - 12-30-2020

I have made improvements to your screenshots:
[Image: spinnn.gif][Image: growww.gif][Image: ezgif-3-e23904603676.gif]
This will definitely repel Nintendo Lawyers from the vicinity.

RE: Mario Builder 12.0 - Hyper - 12-30-2020

I downloaded the game and here is what I can think of:
- It's just Mario Builder 11 with few added stuffs where most of the game developers can get that done in minutes. Everything felt the same as it is before. It is completely rubbish thinking this is require a lot effort. Even for a rookie this is just some cheap shot to get attention. Well...you got the attention already. But not positive.
- Since Ting-Thing never released the source to the public and I doubt they are reachable nowadays. I have a feeling this game is decompiled from the actual GM8 game.

RE: Mario Builder 12.0 - mrpin355 - 12-30-2020

(12-30-2020, 08:01 PM)Hypernova Wrote: - Since Ting-Thing never released the source to the public and I doubt they are reachable nowadays. I have a feeling this game is decompiled from the actual GM8 game.

I actually do quite remember that he released the source back when Yoyo Games sandbox was around, either way, it's still bad.

I mean, at least actually make some substantial changes in it, better yet, how about you refrain from just making a new "version" of an old crusty ambitious level editor with cheap blatant edits and actually make fresh new original content?

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.