MFGG Forums
Badges are (almost) working - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: The Dungeon (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: The Vault (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Badges are (almost) working (/showthread.php?tid=263)

Badges are (almost) working - VinnyVideo - 12-15-2017

Y'all should now have your badges from the old phpBB forums! If you don't see your badges under your avatar, make sure that your old phpBB forum ID number is included in your profile, and then shoot me a PM. Don't worry - now that I've written a script for transferring badges, it's super-easy for me to do that.

The badge system isn't 100% done yet. For example, the system still doesn't show multiples of the same badge, and we'll need to figure out what to do with certain special badges like the Happy Hearts and the Submitter badge. I'll also need to figure out why the badges are being displayed in a seemingly random order. But don't worry - we're working on this.

Also, @darkblueyoshi should now have his special prize for being the last person to post before the end of the world... or at least before we archived the old phpBB forums. Other people present for the Final Hour will get something too.

RE: Badges are (almost) working - Kritter - 12-15-2017

Doing some research, you may be able to edit one of the PHP files to change the order, I think just "plugin.php" for the OUGC awards stuff. Can't say for sure though but I'm sure it's possible.

Also I wonder if badges should maybe be hidden in mobile view? It can look a bit weird with lots of badges. Opinions @Xander ?

RE: Badges are (almost) working - Saltman - 12-16-2017

I thought the Kimmy Gibble badge was the prize for being present at the end of the world.

RE: Badges are (almost) working - Kritter - 12-16-2017

Took the liberty of ordering the awards by name. Pretty sure it worked. Not sure how they were ordered last time but at least it looks neat now.

RE: Badges are (almost) working - VinnyVideo - 12-16-2017

@Kritter Thanks for fixing the badge order. Each badge has a field that controls the order in which it appears in the Admin Control Panel list. It would be super-awesome if badges appeared in profiles in the same order as in the control panel. However, alphabetical order is fine too.

@"Mr. Saltman" The Kimmy Gibbler badge is the first badge I added to the MyBB badges plugin. I used it for testing because it clashes with the rest of the badges, so it's clear that it's a test badge. (Also, because the test boards had a Full House motif.)

RE: Badges are (almost) working - Xander - 12-18-2017

(12-15-2017, 04:10 PM)Kritter Wrote: Doing some research, you may be able to edit one of the PHP files to change the order, I think just "plugin.php" for the OUGC awards stuff. Can't say for sure though but I'm sure it's possible.

Also I wonder if badges should maybe be hidden in mobile view? It can look a bit weird with lots of badges. Opinions @Xander ?

I'll do some experimenting and make it look nice! Other Big Brin

I've hidden them for now!

RE: Badges are (almost) working - VinnyVideo - 12-18-2017

@Xander Sounds good. One idea I had would be to display badges only on profiles (rather than posts) in the mobile view. If you can make them look pretty on mobile posts, though, that would be awesome!

RE: Badges are (almost) working - Xander - 12-18-2017

(12-18-2017, 03:34 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote: @Xander Sounds good. One idea I had would be to display badges only on profiles (rather than posts) in the mobile view. If you can make them look pretty on mobile posts, though, that would be awesome!
I probably can. With enough effort, I can pretty much do anything in HTML/CSS these days.

RE: Badges are (almost) working - Hyper - 12-23-2017

Another thing we need to work on is the blank main site submitter badge. I have reported a while ago.

Please excuse me, I did not noticed that Vinny posted in his original post.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.