MFGG Forums
MFGG Awards 2020 - FINAL VOTING - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: News and Events (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: MFGG Awards 2020 - FINAL VOTING (/showthread.php?tid=2648)

Pages: 1 2

MFGG Awards 2020 - FINAL VOTING - Mors - 01-20-2021

IT'S TIME FOR THE MFGG AWARDS 2020 FINAL VOTING PHASE!

In this phase, you'll be given several entries for each category, and you can only vote for one of them. The entry that gets the most votes will be the winner for that category. You also have to vote for at least 5 categories, but you can vote for more.

This form will also last a week, so you have some time to think.

Here's the form!

Good luck!

RE: MFGG Awards 2020 - FINAL VOTING - VinnyVideo - 01-20-2021

Yay!

Should be lots of fun, as usual.

RE: MFGG Awards 2020 - FINAL VOTING - Mors - 01-28-2021

The votes are closed! In 3.5 hours from now, we will be starting the awards ceremony.

I will be posting the results for each category to not only this thread, but also to our Discord server, and Twitter account simultaneously. Stay tuned!

Here they are then, the RESULTS

BEST CONCEPT:
Landborne by bigpotato

[Image: unknown.png]

With fangames these days we usually get either some different twist on the usual Mario formula, or concepts you’d see in different games applied to the Mario universe. Landborne is different, in the sense that it seems to be a completely “fresh” concept, not unlike what you’d see in a lot of Flash games back in the day.
It’s definitely not for everyone, but it’s the kind of game most people would get something out of regardless, and is highly recommended!

BEST LEVEL DESIGN:
Super Mario Flashback by Flashback Team

Super Mario Flashback once again back with another demo, and while this year’s demo doesn’t contain the long-awaited World 2, it does come with a new World 1 with redesigned levels. We worked really hard on perfecting these levels, so I’m glad to see that you guys enjoyed them.

BEST NARRATIVE:
Luigi Doesn't Drink a Glass of Milk by LangtonLion64

Remember last year’s “Luigi Drinks a Glass of Milk”? This is the sequel, that is essentially bigger, better, grander, and funnier, and it’s definitely worth your time!

BEST ART DIRECTION:
The Legend of Zelda: Eternal Rain by Toony, sooshy, Snarf, zXspriter, and Gaem

You wouldn’t think a game that looks this good would come out of a game jam, but somehow it did. Featuring hand-drawn environments and beautifully animated character sprites, Eternal Rain is unlike any other Zelda fangame in terms of looks, and it really deserves its spot here.

BEST AUDIO:

The new Super Mario Flashback demo also comes with quite a few new tracks, in addition to the existing ones, and they are just as good as you’d expect!

MOST ORIGINAL:
Regular Toad Game by Hypernova & Landborne by bigpotato

2 games in one!
Regular Toad Game might not look very interesting at first, but only after you play it you realize how… unique of a game it is. Don’t let the looks and the name of it deceive you!
And as for Landborne, well, there isn’t much else left to say, it’s a very unique concept, which in return also makes it very original.

MOST IMPRESSIVE:

I guess this is a bit of an unsurprising one, very few fangames manage to reach the level of polish Flashback offers.
And probably for a good reason lol

MOST OVERLOOKED:
Landborne by bigpotato

Yeah, why aren’t more people talking about this one?

MOST UNDERRATED:
Super Mario Generations by Ostrich101

It seems like the community has spoken, and decided that people were too harsh on Super Mario Generations. Well, I guess the game is finally getting the spotlight it deserves then!

MOST ANTICIPATED:
Super Mario Bros. & The Midas Machine by Team Midas

Well, the state of this game is a bit up in the air but… hey, people still seem to be excited for it! And who knows, maybe it will release one day?

BEST HUMOR:
Luigi Doesn't Drink a Glass of Milk by LangtonLion64

You’d think that a game about Luigi NOT drinking a glass of milk would be boring and unfunny, but this game makes sure that you’re wrong. That’s all I’m going to say, so you can truly experience the game yourself.

And with that, we will switch to individual member awards.

Starting with...

BEST PIXEL ARTIST:
Flashback Team

Wha- what? Where did this come from?

Well, it seems like there was a bit of confusion about the graphics of Super Mario Flashback. While I was mostly behind the game’s programming and design, quite a few people must have thought that I was the one who made the sprites as well. And while that’s partially true, my contributions to the game were minor in comparison to what the rest of the Flashback Team put out.

So instead of giving myself an award I don’t deserve, I decided to give it to the rest of the artists at Flashback Team, specifically Antonin, Caliginous, Cruise Elroy, Gaem, and Neweegee. Congrats!

BEST TRADITIONAL ARTIST:
EvilYoshiToes 

While his style is far different from what you’d expect to see in a Mario Fangaming community, it seems like people like his work regardless. And, well, it really is good stuff! Congrats!

BEST COMPOSER:
zXspriter 

Yes, his name has “spriter” in it, but he’s rather good at creating beep bops too. And if you haven’t listened to his stuff yet, you are definitely missing out. Well deserved!

BEST PROGRAMMER:
Mors 

Welp.

JACK-OF-ALL-TRADES:
Mors 

WELP.

MOST HELPFUL:
EvilYoshiToes 

We all love EYT, he might be a bit of a weirdo, but if there was a best MFGG member category I bet he’d win that as well! We just love him that much.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.