MFGG Forums
Paper Mario turns 20 years old today! - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Paper Mario turns 20 years old today! (/showthread.php?tid=2655)

Paper Mario turns 20 years old today! - VinnyVideo - 02-05-2021

A very good game in 2001... and a very good game in 2021!

RE: Paper Mario turns 20 years old today! - warioCritic - 02-05-2021

super adam mario better comeback and make paper mario gold DX 2

RE: Paper Mario turns 20 years old today! - GeneralGuy - 02-05-2021

Paper Mario for the Nintendo 64 is one of my favorite video games of all time and the inspiration for my online username that I created back in 2006. I still remember playing it for the first time like it was yesterday when it came out back in 2001. I was only 9 years old and in 4th Grade when it released in North America on February 5th, 2001. Everything about it: the simple yet fun RPG and platforming gameplay, the colorful pop-up storybook aesthestic, the whimsical and mesmorizing soundtrack, the comfy and immersive atmosphere, the amazing and interesting level design, the funny and and charming dialogue, the fleshed out and varied characters, etc. are all what make this so magical. This game defined my childhood.

RE: Paper Mario turns 20 years old today! - Klug - 02-08-2021

One of the greatest Mario RPG games of all time... and has spawned over SIX different games—including the latest one, Paper Mario: The Origami King. And considered to be the game about arts-and-crafts materials!

Oh, aside from Paper Mario, Super Mario World will be turning 30 in North America, while the Sonic the Hedgehog series and the Puyo Puyo series will also be turning 30 for the rest of the world!

RE: Paper Mario turns 20 years old today! - King Piranha Plant - 08-20-2021

It's interesting that this coincided so close to MFGG's 20th anniversary. I remember how present Paper Mario was in old MFGG imagery, banners, fan art and fangames. We all had this game on our minds constantly at the time, and it was one of the most immersive Mario games around back then. Being so detailed and story heavy, yet true to the Mario feel (unlike Super Mario RPG which had that weird Squaresoft vibe of its own), Paper Mario sort of felt like the definitive Mario experience for a while there.

RE: Paper Mario turns 20 years old today! - GeneralGuy - 08-20-2021

(08-20-2021, 10:37 PM)King Piranha Plant Wrote: It's interesting that this coincided so close to MFGG's 20th anniversary. I remember how present Paper Mario was in old MFGG imagery, banners, fan art and fangames. We all had this game on our minds constantly at the time, and it was one of the most immersive Mario games around back then. Being so detailed and story heavy, yet true to the Mario feel (unlike Super Mario RPG which had that weird Squaresoft vibe of its own), Paper Mario sort of felt like the definitive Mario experience for a while there.
Yeah, Paper Mario was so ingrained in MFGG's culture and taste like with badges. Also Mario & Luigi too

RE: Paper Mario turns 20 years old today! - ~Smoke~ - 09-06-2021

I never completed this game but enjoyed the time I did have with it

RE: Paper Mario turns 20 years old today! - GeneralGuy - 09-06-2021

(09-06-2021, 12:37 AM)~Smoke~ Wrote: I never completed this game but enjoyed the time I did have with it
You should definitely play through it again and complete it. Paper Mario is an absolutely amazing game.

RE: Paper Mario turns 20 years old today! - darkblueyoshi - 09-06-2021

This makes me feel old

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.