MFGG Forums
I made a somewhat accurate 8-bit SMB1 Bowser, but you might not like how i did it. - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Developer Discussion (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: I made a somewhat accurate 8-bit SMB1 Bowser, but you might not like how i did it. (/showthread.php?tid=2690)

I made a somewhat accurate 8-bit SMB1 Bowser, but you might not like how i did it. - Videogamejunkie443 - 04-26-2021

You can crucify me for what I did. I understand. While I don't know everything about GML, I can make simple edits. For example, I made entirely new Sledge Bros. based on ones I've seen & encountered in ROM hacks, mainly Roberto Zampari's hacks. but that's not what I want to talk about. I've been including 8-bit levels accessed by pipes. There are also doors that lead to sprite swaps of Bowser, but let's get to why you might start to dislike me a little bit. I made Multiple 8-bit SMB1 Bowsers and I was displeased because they weren't accurate enough, but I remembered I had decompiled Ralakimus's Super Mario Bros. NES Remake Demo. I thought I would be able to find some code in there that would make bowser act more accurately. I found obj_bowser, opened it up, and looked for the code that makes him jump. I found it. It looked like it would be compatible with the Bowsers I had made in the Hello Mario Engine for Game Maker Studio, so I copied and pasted the code over the code that was there before. It sort of worked, but Bowser jumped low like he originally did before I made the first edits. So I bumped the value from 2.5 to 4.5, and it worked. I also applied the code to some Bowsers in my edit of Hello Engine 6 Fan-Made, but in that engine, the value had to be decreased by 2.

It was just 2 lines of code, though, but I think I read somewhere that it doesn't matter how much you take. If that's the case, I'm ready to be yelled at.

Let Me go even further and post the whole Alarm:

if fall = true exit
if not place_free(x,y+sprite_height+1) or position_meeting(x,y+sprite_height+1,obj_solidtop)
 vspeed = -round(random(1)+2.5);     <------ I took this line of code...
alarm[1]=random(round(100))+90.     <------ ...And this one.

I'll be fair. If any of you guys need code, you can steal it from me. I would prefer if you would ask me, but I just revealed that I stole from Ralakimus, so... yeah. Just don't take more than a few lines of code. I wouldn't do that.

RE: I made a somewhat accurate 8-bit SMB1 Bowser, but you might not like how i did it. - SuperSledgeBro - 04-28-2021

Can you show it in action?

RE: I made a somewhat accurate 8-bit SMB1 Bowser, but you might not like how i did it. - Videogamejunkie443 - 04-28-2021

(04-28-2021, 05:43 PM)SuperSledgeBro Wrote: Can you show it in action?

OK, but how should I do it? Should I post a video on my Youtube Channel?

RE: I made a somewhat accurate 8-bit SMB1 Bowser, but you might not like how i did it. - smbmaster99 - 04-29-2021

I believe for an AI like this a simple gif would suffice. LiceCap is a good, simple screen recorder that saves your recordings as gifs.

RE: I made a somewhat accurate 8-bit SMB1 Bowser, but you might not like how i did it. - Videogamejunkie443 - 04-30-2021

(04-29-2021, 04:24 PM)smbmaster99 Wrote: I believe for an AI like this a simple gif would suffice. LiceCap is a good, simple screen recorder that saves your recordings as gifs.
Here's my SMB1 bowser.

RE: I made a somewhat accurate 8-bit SMB1 Bowser, but you might not like how i did it. - Videogamejunkie443 - 04-30-2021

(04-28-2021, 05:43 PM)SuperSledgeBro Wrote: Can you show it in action?

I attached a GIF of SMB1 Bowser for you. Also, Here's a Dry Bowser in Hello Engine 6 Fan-Made.

I have plans for Dry Bowser in my games. I'm not going to explain, but I will tell you that he'll be a separate character from Bowser, like in Mario Kart Wii & Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games.

Sprite base by ultimawarrior232, edited by me and my friend, eye and flame color by PinkBear/Mr. Pink Teddy. I'm sorry for the bad GIF.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13i-Y13_SpwXiGHMkjEACshgypjw76Rte/view?usp=sharing

RE: I made a somewhat accurate 8-bit SMB1 Bowser, but you might not like how i did it. - smbmaster99 - 05-01-2021

That looks really nice actually.

You can embed images using the
Code:
[img][/img]
tags though; it looks a little cleaner and is more convenient that way that attaching them or linking to a google drive

RE: I made a somewhat accurate 8-bit SMB1 Bowser, but you might not like how i did it. - Videogamejunkie443 - 05-02-2021

(05-01-2021, 12:55 PM)smbmaster99 Wrote: That looks really nice actually.

You can embed images using the
Code:
[img][/img]
tags though; it looks a little cleaner and is more convenient that way that attaching them or linking to a google drive

I can't add GIFs to my posts. It says I'm exceeding the character limit, so Google Drive it is.

RE: I made a somewhat accurate 8-bit SMB1 Bowser, but you might not like how i did it. - smbmaster99 - 05-02-2021

First upload your gif to imgur or a site similar, then copy the direct url to the image and paste that between the [img] tags. Loads of people embed gifs on this site using this method; there shouldn't be any reason for a post to exceed the character limit if you do it this way

RE: I made a somewhat accurate 8-bit SMB1 Bowser, but you might not like how i did it. - Hyper - 05-02-2021

(05-02-2021, 05:27 PM)smbmaster99 Wrote: First upload your gif to imgur or a site similar, then copy the direct url to the image and paste that between the [img] tags. Loads of people embed gifs on this site using this method; there shouldn't be any reason for a post to exceed the character limit if you do it this way

I had some issues with imgur. So I moved to imgbb. Plus the images have SSL.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.