MFGG Forums
Why do Minus World members come to MFGG during drama to cause animosity? - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Why do Minus World members come to MFGG during drama to cause animosity? (/showthread.php?tid=2700)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Why do Minus World members come to MFGG during drama to cause animosity? - Mario - 05-27-2021

(05-27-2021, 11:39 AM)Mors Wrote:
(05-27-2021, 11:16 AM)Zelma Wrote: But anyway going by Mors and your response you both seem very uninterested in actually discussing this civilly[how is Mario trolling??? hahaha] and would rather do the "the past is the past" thing while simultaneously bringing up the past.

Well, if you accuse the staff of trying to turn things into fights, then respond with "See what I mean?" when I explain my side of course I will think that you were trying to bait me in the first place. No offense but it's becoming hard for me not to think that you guys are not being sincere with your arguments at this point.

And of course, I will bring up the past when that's what the whole thread is about lol. The point I was trying to make was less about "let's not discuss the past" and more about "let's not get stuck in the past".

It's not an accusation, it's an observation- there's a pattern that goes beyond any individual staff member MFGG has had.

On a personal level, I think you in particular argue in a more inflammatory style than any staff I've seen on MFGG in the past. Does that work for you?

That's what bringing up the past is for. Recognizing patterns and figuring out what we can do to improve and not repeat the cycle. Or just do it anyway in a thread about it I guess.

RE: Why do Minus World members come to MFGG during drama to cause animosity? - Vert - 05-27-2021

(05-27-2021, 12:25 PM)Mario Wrote: It's not an accusation, it's an observation- there's a pattern that goes beyond any individual staff member MFGG has had.

On a personal level, I think you in particular argue in a more inflammatory style than any staff I've seen on MFGG in the past. Does that work for you?

If we're about observations now, I can't help but observe that saying people are just jumping on Hello to feel better about their own games or that staff is just out to pick fights comes across as rather inflammatory as well. You can't pull that holier than thou routine if you're acting just as inflammatory as you're making others out to be :V

RE: Why do Minus World members come to MFGG during drama to cause animosity? - zelma - 05-27-2021

(05-27-2021, 12:07 PM)Vert Wrote:
(05-27-2021, 11:51 AM)Zelma Wrote: It's ok if you don't believe we're being sincere. I also don't believe you and Vert have reading comprehension skills above 3rd grade level but I'm still willing to respond and discuss things.

To go back to what I said before

> someone asks "why is MW so hostile" and your answer is to show up, imply crappy things about the members and staff and escalate it into drama

No need for the hostility lol.
God quoting is so annoying on here what the f*** is this.
Anyway.
[Image: 38dc641f9b4d081638b263034b071e8d2f7eb251...400_00.gif]
At this point you should focus your efforts on whatever NOT!Anime game you're making. You've ignored/avoided every good point I've made, including my entire first post besides the part you think you would get an epic win out of. I was maybe harsh on Mors, who I really have no issue with, but you, both here and on Minus World, have time and time again proved to be nothing more than some kind of internet ego maniac who probably laughed the hardest at his own jokes in middle school just to hide the fact that you weren't actually that funny. 
Quote:I'm sure the guy behind Mario Flashback, one of the biggest fangames out there, is jealous of Hello's... success.
Everyone should be to be honest. He made a full 3D platforming game by himself. Not to disrespect Mario Flashback. It's good too. However, Hello is clearly in a league of his own as he's the only one who has posted a 3D Mario Platformer. I can just play Mario Maker if I want a 2D jump man experience. I have to play Hello's game if I want to play as Bowsette and Naruto. I know which one I'm taking time out of my day to download.
[Image: original.gif]
[Image: original.gif]
Quote:lol this thread exists because Ostrich was curious what exactly the deal is between MFGG and MW because he wasn't around back during the split, not because MFGG can't let it go. This friendly disagreement probably answered his question well enough 
No. Ostrich had his answer a page ago when me and Mario both responded civilly and then you and Mors I guess felt offended and also ignored points made in favor of...I'm not really sure to be honest.

But this also just proves me right again. Why does Ostrich, a member who wasn't around at all, even care about it? Why do you keep ignoring that there has been no issues with MFGG and MW for over a year? You can be honest and say because it blows your "Minus World members always come here to start stuff" narrative out of the water.  Oh and let me guess, next you'll respond with "I'm busy rn not going to waste time responding"
[Image: b6ffd16b50e53dba6d397028ade5aa1a.gif]
[Image: b6ffd16b50e53dba6d397028ade5aa1a.gif]
Ostrich has been around long enough to have some kind of idea of what the situation is with MFGG and MW. He's in the discord. He's on the message board and because he's in both locations he has to realize that there was almost no point in making this thread. MFGG members want to antagonize MW and that in turn just makes MW members defensive and argue back. 

Now if you're done trying to be funny you can try to address these valid[and true points]. Otherwise this is turning into a K-POP thread.

RE: Why do Minus World members come to MFGG during drama to cause animosity? - Vert - 05-27-2021

(05-27-2021, 01:09 PM)Zelma Wrote: You've ignored/avoided every good point I've made including my entire first post besides the part you think you would get an epic win out of. I was maybe harsh on Mors, who I really have no issue with, but you, both here and on Minus World, have time and time again proved to be nothing more than some kind of internet ego maniac who probably laughed the hardest at his own jokes in middle school just to hide the fact that you weren't actually that funny. 

Mate I was posting here while I was also cooking and talking to my girlfriend, not intentionally ignoring your points. Why do you need to always assume malice in every action I take (or don't)? Seriously chill.

I made spicy Korean beef with peppers and rice, by the way, it was pretty good.
(05-27-2021, 01:09 PM)Zelma Wrote: Everyone should be to be honest. He made a full 3D platforming game by himself. Not to disrespect Mario Flashback. It's good too. However, Hello is clearly in a league of his own as he's the only one who has posted a 3D Mario Platformer.

cough

Making a 3D Mario platformer in Unity really isn't that impressive though. I've seen plenty of them. Mors even made one for shits and giggles.

(05-27-2021, 01:09 PM)Zelma Wrote: But this also just proves me right again. Why does Ostrich, a member who wasn't around at all, even care about it?

I dunno, because Ostrich has always been curious. It's not very relevant to my point though, is it? Ostrich can't "move on" from something he hasn't experienced. His curiosity doesn't speak for the entirety of MFGG's unwillingness to "move on" either.

(05-27-2021, 01:09 PM)Zelma Wrote: Why do you keep ignoring that there has been no issues with MFGG and MW for over a year? You can be honest and say because it blows your "Minus World members always come here to start stuff" narrative out of the water.

Your point is a bit moot when the drama is already back and in full force lol. Even ignoring this, Ostrich isn't wrong that every time there's drama it's MW members who are there to stoke the flames.
(05-27-2021, 01:09 PM)Zelma Wrote: Oh and let me guess, next you'll respond with "I'm busy rn not going to waste time responding"

Always with the assumptions.

(05-27-2021, 01:09 PM)Zelma Wrote: Otherwise this is turning into a K-POP thread.

Wasn't that why you were perma'd by DJ Coco in the first place lol

RE: Why do Minus World members come to MFGG during drama to cause animosity? - Mors - 05-27-2021

(05-27-2021, 11:51 AM)Zelma Wrote: You basically ignored Mario's entire point in order to defend the past actions of the staff[which were s***]

What other point was there to address? I chose to only comment on what bothered me about his post.

(05-27-2021, 11:51 AM)Zelma Wrote: I'd love to keep the past in the past but seemingly MFGG as a whole is not able to let it go. If that was the case, then threads like this wouldn't exist.

That comment about keeping past in the past was also directed at Ostrich, it's not like I'm particularly happy about this thread existing too.

(05-27-2021, 12:25 PM)Mario Wrote: On a personal level, I think you in particular argue in a more inflammatory style than any staff I've seen on MFGG in the past. Does that work for you?

Sure, I'm not being my nicest here I will acknowledge that. I know when to stand my ground, and if you think that's being inflammatory then sure, I guess you're entitled to that opinion.

(05-27-2021, 12:25 PM)Mario Wrote: That's what bringing up the past is for. Recognizing patterns and figuring out what we can do to improve and not repeat the cycle. Or just do it anyway in a thread about it I guess.[/font]

Except all you're doing is making connections of unrelated things. Me arguing with you guys here has nothing to do with past staff members or any kind of pattern. I'm speaking out entirely on my own, and I have always tried to distance myself from the past staff members in terms of how I moderated and ran this community. I'm sure people who have been around since before I became a staff member can tell that.

Hello's game receiving hate also has nothing to do with people criticizing him in the past too, it's just that his current games aren't great. There's nothing deep about this.
(05-27-2021, 01:09 PM)Zelma Wrote: Ostrich has been around long enough to have some kind of idea of what the situation is with MFGG and MW. He's in the discord. He's on the message board and because he's in both locations he has to realize that there was almost no point in making this thread. MFGG members want to antagonize MW and that in turn just makes MW members defensive and argue back. 

You're looking way too deep into this too, there's no conspiracy theory, it's just Ostrich being Ostrich. He probably just wanted to learn the whole drama between us which doesn't really get discussed a lot these days.

(05-27-2021, 01:47 PM)Mors Wrote: Except all you're doing is making connections of unrelated things. Me arguing with you guys here has nothing to do with past staff members or any kind of pattern. I'm speaking out entirely on my own, and I have always tried to distance myself from the past staff members in terms of how I moderated and ran this community. I'm sure people who have been around since before I became a staff member can tell that.

To back this up: about five years ago, staff was constantly having issues with certain MFGG members. Now, the staff has been completely swapped out for other people, yet they still find themselves having issues with the same members whenever they show up. For some reason nobody else seems to have such issues with staff either. At that point the only pattern I see is you guys' behavior, sorry to say.

RE: Why do Minus World members come to MFGG during drama to cause animosity? - GothGirlGangBlasterMaster - 05-27-2021

(05-27-2021, 01:53 PM)Vert Wrote:
(05-27-2021, 01:47 PM)Mors Wrote: Except all you're doing is making connections of unrelated things. Me arguing with you guys here has nothing to do with past staff members or any kind of pattern. I'm speaking out entirely on my own, and I have always tried to distance myself from the past staff members in terms of how I moderated and ran this community. I'm sure people who have been around since before I became a staff member can tell that.

To back this up: about five years ago, staff was constantly having issues with certain MFGG members. Now, the staff has been completely swapped out for other people, yet they still find themselves having issues with the same members whenever they show up. For some reason nobody else seems to have such issues with staff either. At that point the only pattern I see is you guys' behavior, sorry to say.

they had a problem with me because i made a thread about the sticker star fan game
now i am a giga chad winning fan game jams and having sex with your gf

RE: Why do Minus World members come to MFGG during drama to cause animosity? - Fun With Despair - 05-27-2021

There is no reason for this thread to stay open or even exist. Regardless of which "side" you take in this dispute, the fact is that this thread is ultimately a monumental waste of time at best and an active attempt to stir the pot or reawaken drama at the worst. There had not been a "Minus World" incident in over a year until this thread specifically attempted to "call out" Minus World for "causing animosity".

Hilariously, this thread in and of itself is a greater cause of animosity than a significant number of incidents involving Minus World.  Ostrich, I would heavily advise against being a complete drama hound in the future. Just let things die. You don't need to know why drama starts, you don't need to know the details, it is both figuratively and literally none of your business in any way and I speak for almost every single member in both communities when I say that almost nobody wants you dredging up year-old drama for the sake of your own self-satisfaction.

This is not the first time you have tried to pry open dead drama, and chances are it will not be the last. You will however, be penalized in the future if you continue to do this. There's a reason most people don't want to talk about old drama, it's because it's dead and buried. Leave it that way.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.