MFGG Forums
A bunch of Biebersoft games just appeared on MFGG - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: A bunch of Biebersoft games just appeared on MFGG (/showthread.php?tid=2739)

A bunch of Biebersoft games just appeared on MFGG - King Piranha Plant - 07-25-2021

Am I the only one that noticed this? Did Biebersoft just out of nowhere create an account and mass upload some old games?

For anyone who doesn't know he's an oldbie who made some of the oldest fangames in MFGG's existence, including Yoshi's Island X and Mario vs. New Wario Order World Tour, a clunky fangame that used to be relevant for just how bizarre it was. He also had a fanbase of his own way back in the days of the old internet, making his own original games.

For some reason in Mario vs. New Wario Order, you could play as a really out of place character named "Bubba" who looked like this, and attacked by farting. No one knew who the hell he was supposed to be, but apparently he was the main character of several of Biebersoft's original games on his website. The face of an ancient meme  Huh?

[Image: Bubba.png]

RE: A bunch of Biebersoft games just appeared on MFGG - VinnyVideo - 07-25-2021

Yeeeeeep! I was pleasantly surprised to see that, too.

And yes, Bubba has excellent meme potential!

RE: A bunch of Biebersoft games just appeared on MFGG - Vitiman - 07-25-2021

Not only have I too noticed the biebersoft archive being generously donated to the MFGG main site, I've even reviewed one of them recently! The conclusion I came to was essentially "this is really fun to see uploaded, but this really hasn't aged well". Shame too, I love older fangames! But even I have my limits.

Furthermore, I became aware of the saga of Bubba and his mighty Turd Dimension in a review I did much earlier in 2017, and then a couple of years later @Q-Nova had informed me that the game was real, which only served to pique my interest even more. Naturally, when biebersoft briefly had a full-blown Web 1.0 museum on his website of his older stuff (including an open source copy of the first Bubba game!!!!), I immediately downloaded that.

I'm actually rocking a stupid .GIF of Bubba as my Discord status, because I'm easily amused. I was meaning to review the other biebersoft uploads, but I've been a bit busy as of late. When I have the free time though, I'll definitely take a look.

RE: A bunch of Biebersoft games just appeared on MFGG - GeneralGuy - 07-25-2021

Oh yeah, I remember the name Biebersoft. Those are some really old Mario fangames.

RE: A bunch of Biebersoft games just appeared on MFGG - King Piranha Plant - 07-25-2021

Yeah they've aged bad, I tried playing the Star Wolf one but I couldn't bear more than 2 minutes of the thing haha

Still it made me wanna go back and play the super old ones just for their weirdness. I'm checking out your review and the Final Fantasy one right now, also holy hell seeing the genuine "1998" in the banner image for it is insane. I was 6 years old at the time D:

RE: A bunch of Biebersoft games just appeared on MFGG - GeneralGuy - 07-25-2021

(07-25-2021, 04:48 PM)King Piranha Plant Wrote: Yeah they've aged bad, I tried playing the Star Wolf one but I couldn't bear more than 2 minutes of the thing haha

Still it made me wanna go back and play the super old ones just for their weirdness. I'm checking out your review and the Final Fantasy one right now, also holy hell seeing the genuine "1998" in the banner image for it is insane. I was 6 years old at the time D:
Soundly oddly fun. There's a certain charm about badly made games, especially older ones. Some of these were made in the 90s? Wow. In 1998, I was 7 years old. I thought the earliest Mario fangames were made in 2001. I'll have to check these out

RE: A bunch of Biebersoft games just appeared on MFGG - Q-Nova - 07-25-2021

Yeah, I noticed that too -- I even left a comment on Ode to Zelda. I was pleasantly surprised! I haven't played any of them yet, but I'd love to, considering I had fun with the Yoshi's Island X duo and Mario vs New Wario Order World Tour. The latter game in particular is very unique -- there are not many SM64/DK64-like fangames, even today. As @Vitiman mentioned, Biebersoft recently had a website showcasing his games, based on the FreakZone Games website during the 90s. It's really neat! It's no longer up, but it can still be visited via the Wayback Machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20210327001443/http://biebersoft.tk/

I have a feeling that Biebersoft might have one more surprise, it's just sitting in the queue. His account page says that he has 8 submissions, but you can only find 7, which are all games.

RE: A bunch of Biebersoft games just appeared on MFGG - Q-Nova - 08-10-2021

Looks like Biebersoft's final surprise has appeared at last! It's Super Mario vs nWo World Tour 2 (an unfinished demo)!

Also, I played Final Fantasy X-treme and left a comment on it. The gameplay is a bit boring, but it's kind of unique, and I'm impressed with what Biebersoft achieved with such an old game-making program in 1998. The endearing charm kept me playing all the way to the end!

RE: A bunch of Biebersoft games just appeared on MFGG - warioCritic - 08-10-2021

BUBBA

RE: A bunch of Biebersoft games just appeared on MFGG - ErinIcedMocha - 09-05-2021

(07-25-2021, 02:11 AM)King Piranha Plant Wrote: Am I the only one that noticed this? Did Biebersoft just out of nowhere create an account and mass upload some old games?

For anyone who doesn't know he's an oldbie who made some of the oldest fangames in MFGG's existence, including Yoshi's Island X and Mario vs. New Wario Order World Tour, a clunky fangame that used to be relevant for just how bizarre it was. He also had a fanbase of his own way back in the days of the old internet, making his own original games.

For some reason in Mario vs. New Wario Order, you could play as a really out of place character named "Bubba" who looked like this, and attacked by farting. No one knew who the hell he was supposed to be, but apparently he was the main character of several of Biebersoft's original games on his website. The face of an ancient meme  Huh?

[Image: Bubba.png]

Bubba4Life!!11!!1! Soveryhappy

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.