MFGG Forums
Why I've kept "leaving Discord for good." - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Why I've kept "leaving Discord for good." (/showthread.php?tid=2783)

Why I've kept "leaving Discord for good." - Princess Peach - 10-15-2021

I've actually just recently created a third Discord account. I just wanted to get out of the way why I've been leaving it repeatedly, especially since I plan on coming back on the MFGG Discord, this time with a fresh face. (Yes, Mona of WarioWare, I'm looking at you, too. Big Grin)

There were, well, reasons, why I kept "leaving Discord for good." For starters, I used to think that the people on there were bothersome (no offense), as my conscience had thought it would be. I actually felt like I was just a festering sore in a community full of video game and Mario fans, where my ideas were ridiculed at best, and completely ignored at worst, as if the internet would've been a better place if I just weren't on it. Sad thought, ain't it?

Secondly, I actually had a rather bad moral code on both the VG and MFGG Discords. I would rather not discuss the details of what happened here, but basically, I posted about content that was suggestive at best, and only less than offensive at worst. Especially with Princess Peach and other Mario characters like her. (I know; it's rather embarrassing to talk about.) Heck, I was even banned off of another Discord for posting some rather offensive content to one of the admins in direct messaging. I've since learned my lessons, and now have a better moral code to myself.

I know it seems like a lackluster explanation on the goings-on of how I was leading up to this point in time, to this day. But I'm trying to explain everything to the best of my ability, so sit tight with me here.

Basically, I felt bothered, disturbed, even, by some of the content I've been witnessing on both Discords. But I have since grown in courage, and have even since learned not to take things so harshly. Heck, I've even learned not to get so frustrated at things! Big Grin This was basically my whole point here, and since then, I've considered going back on both Discords. Now, I am. Even if I do decide to stop Discord again, I've figured it would be for the best to just leave the Discord account unused rather than deleting it permanently, since that would be a bad way to put things.

I hope you understood my little talk here. I've been meaning to get this off my chest for months now, and, hey, now I did. I also know it seems like a throwaway thread, but all I wanted to do is explain things. Bye for now. Smile

RE: Why I've kept "leaving Discord for good." - GeneralGuy - 10-16-2021

It's all good. By the way, I love your username and avatar! Ever play Super Princess Peach? Really fun little game.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.