MFGG Forums
GIG's Art and Music Potpourri - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Arts Board (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: GIG's Art and Music Potpourri (/showthread.php?tid=281)

Pages: 1 2

GIG's Art and Music Potpourri - GamerInGeorgia - 12-18-2017

Well, I've become much more active on MFGG lately, so I finally decided to post some of my work here.
For starters, I'll post this:
https://soundcloud.com/gameringeorgia
Occasionally, I'll post new songs or sprites that I create.
Feel free to critique! I always have room for improvement!

RE: GIG's Art and Music Potpourri - VinnyVideo - 12-18-2017

"A Relaxing Stroll" sounds like something you'd hear in a Pokemon national park.

What program do you use for making music?

RE: GIG's Art and Music Potpourri - GamerInGeorgia - 12-18-2017

(12-18-2017, 02:39 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote: "A Relaxing Stroll" sounds like something you'd hear in a Pokemon national park.
A "Pokemon park" in the game? Or in the real world?
And do you mean the name? Or the song itself?

(12-18-2017, 02:39 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote: What program do you use for making music?
I use Soundtrap.

RE: GIG's Art and Music Potpourri - VinnyVideo - 12-18-2017

Soundtrap sounds like an interesting concept. I wasn't familiar with it.

The music in "A Relaxing Stroll" sounds like something you'd hear in a relaxing place with a high Pokemon concentration! The National Park is a location in the second generation of Pokemon games.

RE: GIG's Art and Music Potpourri - GamerInGeorgia - 12-18-2017

Oh, thanks.
I made this today:
[Image: 9yg4Lab.gifhttp:]
I sprited the words and Mario and Luigi heads. Maybe I'll make it my new avatar.

RE: GIG's Art and Music Potpourri - GamerInGeorgia - 12-20-2017

I uploaded another song which I made:
In The Village
It's supposed to be a theme that would play when you enter a village/house in a RPG game (or in a Legend of Zelda game, for example).
Thanks to VinnyVideo's critique, I updated the extended version with a B theme.
Enjoy!

RE: GIG's Art and Music Potpourri - VinnyVideo - 12-20-2017

I like In the Village, but I agree it's a little short. Instead of making an extended version, why don't you try coming up with a nice "B" section? Something that flows with the current version but provides a bit of contrast.

RE: GIG's Art and Music Potpourri - GamerInGeorgia - 12-21-2017

(12-20-2017, 11:44 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote: Instead of making an extended version, why don't you try coming up with a nice "B" section?
Thanks for the critique! I totally agree with you. I added a "B theme" as you said I should. I updated my original post with the link, but I'll put it here anyway.

I've been working on this for a while. Couldn't decide whether I needed to add stuff or not, or what I should add. It's an overworld map tileset.
Please critique to your heart's content!
[Image: 7W7TTNQ.pnghttp:]

RE: GIG's Art and Music Potpourri - GamerInGeorgia - 03-05-2018

It's been a while since I posted my work, so here's some more stuff from me:
Music:
These Fists Aren't Just For Fighting (a fight theme from a previous music competition).
disco-ish song that I made for the current music competition.

Art:
Enjoy! And please critique!

RE: GIG's Art and Music Potpourri - bigpotato - 03-06-2018

Ha, I too have a tendency to fill a page with miscellaneous doodles. Love to see creative spontaneity. One thing you could probably look at is the idea of form; thinking in three dimensions.

RE: GIG's Art and Music Potpourri - GamerInGeorgia - 03-06-2018

(03-06-2018, 01:31 AM)bigpotato Wrote: Ha, I too have a tendency to fill a page with miscellaneous doodles. Love to see creative spontaneity. One thing you could probably look at is the idea of form; thinking in three dimensions.
Yup. Random doodles are a great way to let out some creativity. I'm currently trying to get more doodles on paper than on my notes.  Whoops! But what do you mean by "thinking in three dimensions?" Do you mean making my art look more 3D than 2D?

RE: GIG's Art and Music Potpourri - bigpotato - 03-06-2018

(03-06-2018, 07:53 PM)GamerInGeorgia Wrote: Random doodles are a great way to let out some creativity. I'm currently trying to get more doodles on paper than on my notes.  Whoops! But what do you mean by "thinking in three dimensions?" Do you mean making my art look more 3D than 2D?

Art tries to represent things. Things exist in 3d. Most (though not all) art tries to look at least sort of like what it's supposed to be. So it's often helpful to think of how the thing you're drawing would look in real life.

Take all those noses for example. I can't really picture how they'd look on an actual face. If I had to guess, I'd say you know that noses kinda bump at the top and stick out at the bottom (At least, I hope so. If you didn't I would be concerned), so you draw them that way. If you were to have a fancy arteest draw a nose, however, even a cartoony one, they'd be thinking about how it's made of spheres and boxes and which parts overlap the other parts and where it's going to cast the most shadow. Stuff like that.

At least, that's what I imagine other artists do. 'Fraid I can be of too much help there. I'm still more often than not putting lines together because "that's what it looks like".

RE: GIG's Art and Music Potpourri - GamerInGeorgia - 04-16-2018

Here's a person I drew using a touch screen computer, a Wii U game-pad stylus, and my left-handedness:
As before, please critique!

RE: GIG's Art and Music Potpourri - Evil Yoshi Toes - 04-16-2018

I like it. it has character!
You might want to watch your anatomy. I know you aren't going for a realistic drawing but even cartoons should have a good understanding of the human anatomy and exaggerate it to get a point across (ex. a football player with very wide shoulders and a very tiny waist. The exaggeration should say something and look intentional, is what I'm getting at). The way the right arm curves in looks a little strange, as does the way his left shoulder connects with the neck. It seems to dip in, where on a real human that part would actually be slanted down from the neck to the shoulder. I think the messy line has a charm to it and I imagine it was intentional, but maybe you could push it further by varying line weights. Perhaps make the line thicker where there would be shadow and thinner on the parts with more light. This can add a sense of light to your drawing despite the colors being flat. I'd also boost the contrast on the holes of the button a bit. They're a nice touch but I didn't notice they were there at first.

Good job and keep it up!

RE: GIG's Art and Music Potpourri - GamerInGeorgia - 05-11-2018

I've evolved from MS Paint to FireAlpaca! In honor of that, I drew this guy in an art style I'm trying to develop. Enjoy and please critique!
I've still got some sloppy lines, and I need to work on my consistency, but hopefully I'll improve as I get used to drawing on my computer.

RE: GIG's Art and Music Potpourri - GamerInGeorgia - 05-11-2018

Here's a little remix I made of the hockey theme from WarioWare Twisted.

RE: GIG's Art and Music Potpourri - GamerInGeorgia - 05-23-2018

Another drawing of mine. An attempt at drawing a female figure (as I usually draw males). Personally, I think the shading on the face is kind of off, but here it is anyway:
If you're wondering why I don't draw full bodies yet, and why they have generic hair, it's because I want to get the face down pat and then move on to the hair, torso, arms, hands, etc. As always, please critique!

RE: GIG's Art and Music Potpourri - VinnyVideo - 05-23-2018

I'm digging that remix of the hockey music. Good stuff.

As for the girl, I know you're still working on her, but her chest looks rather funky. She has large, perfectly circular breasts and apparently no collarbones! I'd start by making her neckline longer.

RE: GIG's Art and Music Potpourri - Mariotroid - 05-26-2018

These are pretty good but as someone already said, these are all rather flat looking.

RE: GIG's Art and Music Potpourri - GamerInGeorgia - 05-29-2018

[Image: I2tuGSP.png]
@Mariotroid - Does this one look less flat?

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.