MFGG Forums
Long time no see! - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Long time no see! (/showthread.php?tid=2869)

Long time no see! - Mechant - 05-10-2022

Warms my heart to see MFGG still running. I'm from wayyy back in the day (joined in 2005) so I doubt most people remember me, but I see a lot of familiar faces here so I thought I'd drop in and reintroduce myself.

I largely took a break from fangame development and fanart for a really long time (due to college, job seeking, and other real life obligations and such) so this is probably my first MFGG post in like a decade or so. How's everyone been?

RE: Long time no see! - Gate - 05-10-2022

Doing fine, im'ma say that the forums are not very much used since we opened the Discord.

RE: Long time no see! - Mechant - 05-10-2022

(05-10-2022, 05:34 PM)Gate Wrote: Doing fine, im'ma say that the forums are not very much used since we opened the Discord.

Makes sense, the future is now. I'll try to be more active there as well.

RE: Long time no see! - VinnyVideo - 05-11-2022

Hey, welcome back! That's a name I haven't seen in many moons. I hope life's treating you well!

RE: Long time no see! - GeneralGuy - 05-12-2022

Welcome back, Mechant! [Image: biggrin.gif] It's nice to see another old member return.

RE: Long time no see! - Mechant - 05-12-2022

(05-11-2022, 09:33 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote: Hey, welcome back! That's a name I haven't seen in many moons. I hope life's treating you well!

(05-12-2022, 10:37 AM)GeneralGuy Wrote: Welcome back, Mechant! [Image: biggrin.gif] It's nice to see another old member return.

Glad to see you guys! It has indeed been quite a while since I've seen those names.

RE: Long time no see! - King Piranha Plant - 05-15-2022

I'm not sure if we interacted much but I remember the days when you were active on here! Welcome back Mechant  Big Grin

The forums are pretty dead right now but they're worth checking in on for the occasional event, fangame discussion or nostalgic convo - sometimes old members come back in big nostalgic threads once in a blue moon. 2020-2021 was weirdly way more active than 2022.

RE: Long time no see! - Hyper - 05-17-2022

I remember you, I was one of those idiot back then. I've been here suffering since 2008.

Edit: nothing much has changed. Worked my ass off the past few years on dead end jobs while learning more advanced programming. Now I'm a full time developer.

RE: Long time no see! - Q-Nova - 06-15-2022

Sorry if I'm late, but welcome back, Mechant! I joined MFGG seven years (whoa, it's been that long!?) ago, so you might not recognize me. I think I might've seen your name before; if I remember correctly, you submitted reviews for at least a few games here, right? Anyway, it's great to have you here! I always like seeing familiar faces return! Smile

It does seem to be true that Discord is what's now hip with the kids. However, the forums are still worth checking out now and then for the occasional interesting conversation or project. I've always thought forums have certain advantages over Discord anyway, like the fact that it's more suitable for showcasing projects and sharing ideas (due to the permanence of posts) and how they can be found in search engines. I've learned much useful info just from reading forum conversations, including some on MFGG!

Fangame development seems to be going alright around here. I've made several in the past. Fangames have certainly evolved compared to the way they were in 2005! Lately, though, I've been mostly playing the old fangames -- the ones from the 90s and early 2000s. A few years ago, we had a retro-style fangame jam, which was pretty fun! Taco Wario and Mario's Garden Job in particular were actually pretty good!

RE: Long time no see! - Soral - 06-15-2022

Yo Mechant check your PMs lmao

RE: Long time no see! - GeneralGuy - 06-17-2022

(06-15-2022, 07:07 AM)Soral Wrote: Yo Mechant check your PMs lmao
Hmm, who are you?

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.