MFGG Forums
what are some easy free game making programs? - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Developer Discussion (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: what are some easy free game making programs? (/showthread.php?tid=289)

what are some easy free game making programs? - Saltman - 12-20-2017

I'd like to make a first fangame at some point, as I'm felling... quite useless around here, recently. I have yet to make a submission lol. I still wouldn't want it to be a Hello Clone though. 

Do you guys know any free game making programs that are be easy to use for a first timer yet give me the possibility to make games that aren't too basic? 

If possible, maybe being able to use codes in them would be good, too. I would become better at using them with the pass of time.

RE: what are some easy free game making programs? - VinnyVideo - 12-20-2017

Have you tried Game Maker? It's the most popular program for making games on MFGG, and it's a good starting point when you're new to making games. However, if you don't like the GM ecosystem, there are a number of good alternatives available - Clickteam Fusion, Unity, and Construct, among others.

RE: what are some easy free game making programs? - Mariotroid - 12-20-2017

I use Game Maker Studio 1.4. It' a great, easy way to learn how to make games. I'e been using it for years and still learning the ins and outs.

By the way, one way to really start is by reading a book on game design. It'll help you learn the most important aspect of games, which comes before ppogramming itself. This is called design. I wish someone gave me this advice when I first started out.

Gold luck on making games!! Smile

RE: what are some easy free game making programs? - Saltman - 12-21-2017

Vinnyvideo Wrote:Game Maker

As much as I'd like to use GM, it's not a free program. I'm looking for alternatives (ENIGMA was one of them but it didn't want to start up for some reason).

EDIT: But now that you mention it, a program that people know how to use around here would be a great!

RE: what are some easy free game making programs? - Willsaber - 12-21-2017

(12-21-2017, 12:04 AM)Mr. Saltman Wrote: EDIT: But now that you mention it, a program that people know how to use around here would be a great!

That's gonna be Game Maker or MMF, neither of which are totally free. You can get support for other tools elsewhere, but MFGG only really knows those two, and maybe some Unity (which is also not free).

RE: what are some easy free game making programs? - VinnyVideo - 12-21-2017

@"Mr. Saltman" GM offers a free version. It has some limitations, but it should be fine for getting started. Then if you like it, you can buy the full version, which still isn't very expensive.

@Willsaber Unity is also free to download and use. You're supposed to get a paid version if you're planning to sell more than $100,000 worth of games you make with it, but I don't think you'll be doing that just yet!

RE: what are some easy free game making programs? - Saltman - 12-26-2017

(12-21-2017, 11:00 AM)VinnyVideo Wrote: @"Mr. Saltman" GM offers a free version. It has some limitations, but it should be fine for getting started. Then if you like it, you can buy the full version, which still isn't very expensive.

Thanks but... it's a trial version. 

I'm Sorry guys, but I'm looking for something totally free Sad . Something that can create at least one kind of game. Even html ones if I can't find anything.

RE: what are some easy free game making programs? - Minerador Slime - 12-26-2017

This should work, but beware, it's outdated and no longer supported.

RE: what are some easy free game making programs? - Saltman - 12-27-2017

(12-26-2017, 07:26 AM)Minerador Slime Wrote: This should work, but beware, it's outdated and no longer supported.

I mean, something that is still supported would be better lol.

I get it though. Should've specified myself better when asking what I wanted.

RE: what are some easy free game making programs? - HylianDev - 12-27-2017

Construct 2, Stencyl, and Unity have free versions.

Unreal Engine is free, but very advanced.

MonoGame is even more free, but also pretty advanced.

RE: what are some easy free game making programs? - Saltman - 12-27-2017

(12-21-2017, 06:04 AM)Willsaber Wrote:
(12-21-2017, 12:04 AM)Mr. Saltman Wrote: EDIT: But now that you mention it, a program that people know how to use around here would be a great!

That's gonna be Game Maker or MMF, neither of which are totally free. You can get support for other tools elsewhere, but MFGG only really knows those two, and maybe some Unity (which is also not free).

I googled it up and found a free edition for clickteam fusion/ Multimedia Fusion 2.5. It allows me to create html games only, but hey, it looks like I can create full games with it, at least.

I believe you guys know how to use it around here, don't you?

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.