MFGG Forums
School in 2022 - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: School in 2022 (/showthread.php?tid=2920)

School in 2022 - VinnyVideo - 09-22-2022

It's now been five years since I finished my master's degree. It's crossed my mind to go back and get my PhD someday, and while I like the idea of being Dr. Vinny, I suspect I'd get a negative return on the massive investment of money and time that goes into getting the most advanced of degrees. But I digress.

Since a lot of y'all are still in college or high school or grad school or kindergarten, I'm curious about what kind of classroom experiences you're having in this brave new world. Are you studying anything interesting? Do you find your educational experience to be stimulating and pleasant - or the opposite of stimulating and pleasant?

RE: School in 2022 - SonicKade2048 - 09-22-2022

I had the "luck" of graduating in class of 2020. COVID very much screwed me over in my senior year thanks to the rough transition to online classes, but thankfully I got by with near-minimum grade requirements. Currently I'm embarking on my own adventures, exploring original music creation and finding more communities to involve myself in, but I also feel unsure about college or university. I don't feel as prepared as other people are, with some people choosing to jump into college / university right after they finish high school... To be more specific, I don't have a good enough mental state and understanding of the world overall yet -- heck, I don't even have a drivers license or permit for the same reason of thinking I'm not ready enough.

That being said, I really do wonder how school looks on the inside these days; I've considered taking a trek back to my high school and getting a visitor pass for curiosity and nostalgia. COVID restrictions are less strict now considering it's been QUITE a long time since it began, so I'm wondering if people are walking around the campus normally rather than still sticking to online class, or even wearing masks at all. Maybe I can also see old teachers again and reminisce about the old days of the after-school Nintendo club.

RE: School in 2022 - Vert - 09-24-2022

I want to get a degree in graphic design, but I can't get it set up. My boss is a bit hesitant about financing the whole study - which is understandable - and wanted to set up a talk with me and my counselor regarding financing options, but she's being so goshdarn slow about contacting him.

RE: School in 2022 - Evil Yoshi Toes - 09-26-2022

Yeah Kirb I also graduated in 2020, though from college. It’s a bit sucky, and it struck down my motivation for a good year or so where I did almost nothing!!! I majored in illustration but I wasn’t happy with the work life of an illustrator, so I’m making that my hobby/side job now and I’m pursuing UX UI design. I did an expensive career change program for UI and I don’t have a job yet, so I’m doing the google ux certification in the meantime while I apply because it’s cheap and I figured having a more developed portfolio in the meantime would be good. Thankfully I enjoy learning so I’m having fun as I continue to expand my knowledge. I’m also thinking of diving deeper into front end development eventually because i enjoyed it well enough. I don’t know!!! I just have to be doing something that feels productive while I am applying to jobs or I’d go crazy.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.