MFGG Forums
Interviewing myself for my latest Mario game(s) - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Interviewing myself for my latest Mario game(s) (/showthread.php?tid=2973)

Interviewing myself for my latest Mario game(s) - ILikeSonic80904MFGG - 05-21-2023

Yes, I am interviewing myself, and all the information below is true.  Big Grin  Just clearing up some info!

If you know me, you'll probably know that I'm a scratcher¬ "ILikeSonic80904." But, not much people know I'm not just an animator. I also make, play, and boast about video games. One of my first projects on Scratch was literally just a Kirby animation! But the road doesn't end here. I also have a "game developing team" called the Warp Ring Alliance! (Original name: Warped Team) but most of our games were Sonic games.. So I decided to change that when I made "Kirby into Hyper Zone!" but that didn't go well.
    I decided, "why not make a Mario game?" so I came up with ideas for "Mario in Time!" which would be like Sonic CD, but it's Mario. That never made it, so I continued doing Sonic games.
    I actually still do Sonic games, as I am currently in the concept making for "Sonic 2: Epsilon Edition!"
    Then, at around late April of this year, I said to myself, "Hey! I absolutely suck at making Sonic games! All I use is the same engine over and over again, and all my other new engines didn't work!" 
    And that's when it hit me. I was better at making Mario games than making Sonic games! I took this to the test, and started developing my first FULL Mario fangame "Super Mario World: Preservation Project" and I actually managed to make a solid scrolling engine out of it!
    So then, I made my own Classic Platformer engine, and I made "Super Mario World: Kinoko Land" which is one of the main topics of this article. (Spoilers: The other topic is about a Mario Maker 3 project)
Super Mario World: Kinoko Land
    I spent a lot of time thinking and thinking how this project should be. I attempted switching it over to traditional scrolling gameplay, but that didn't work out, as Mario would float up to the sky at Sonic-speed and hit the ceiling. I was sure I done the code correctly, so I kept it as a Classic Platformer. Whoops!
    Mario and Luigi will be playable from the start, while Toad, Princess Toadstool Peach, and even Sonic (from events, of course  Laughing ) will be playable after you beat the game in very specific conditions.
    Here's a demo from May 17th!

There will also be a huge amount of new themes, such as Beach, Mountain, Cherry Blossom/Sakura, and even Space!

Mario will use his beta Super Mario world sprite, as I think it looks better. He's more blue, and his hat is smaller.
Super Mario Maker: Scratch Engine
Quote:    Welcome to Super Mario Maker: Scratch Engine! Ever wanted a Super Mario Maker 3? Are the already existing ones too pricey or simple for you? Are you mad that World Engine is only in Spanish? Well, you're in luck! Featuring the 10 themes of Mario Maker 2, and even more, this is the Super Mario Maker, FOR scratch, FOR anyone.
    This is a Scratch fangame made to give Mario Maker 2 the update (or more like, the sequel) it deserves, after think that Nintendo marketed "THE FINAL MAJOR UPDATE!" just for more people to buy the game. Sure, it added a lot of things, like Super Worlds and more powerups, but there's still so much empty space we can juice. We want more themes, like Beach, Mountian, Volcano and Autumn! We want more game styles, like New Super Mario Bros DS, or maybe even give Super Mario Bros 2. and Super Mario Land their own themes, because you were so lazy, that you put them as powerups in SMB1! How dumb of an offer..
    However, it will only support the Super Mario World style, so I can;
  1. Save Memory (because of Scratch's 10MB limit)
  2. Add in features without the risk of porting them
  3. Utilize the "custom music" feature without overloading it for the different game styles.
    Hey, did I say "custom music?" Yes. In the first Scratch release, there will be 55 songs to choose from for your levels as BGM music, from the original Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, the retro Mario games, and even custom ones too! As the game updates, I will be sure to add more and more music. Or should I start calling levels as courses now cause of SMM2..

I still have yet to jot down more info of the 2 above, and maybe I'll even share with you guys some prototypes and demos of the 2 games!
With that out of the way, peace!  Smile

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.