MFGG Forums
New Year's Resolutions! - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: New Year's Resolutions! (/showthread.php?tid=302)

New Year's Resolutions! - Yakibomb - 12-26-2017

Hey-hey! Lots of people usually make new year resolutions, with January 1st being the most self-reflective day for many!

So, what are some goals or anticipations you've got for the new year? How do you expect to achieve them? And if you'd like, why pick that goal?

I've also posted a poll for those that want to share but don't want to post.

Happy posting!

My goals are just a continuation from the recent past months: Be kinder (do at least one nice deed for another each day), be more self-disciplined (do things that will be fruitful, even if they are hard. Concentrate on self-worth and self-esteem), be open minded to learning new perspectives (for stronger empathy) and be ok with being imperfect (in order for room to grow).

RE: New Year's Resolutions! - Mariotroid - 12-26-2017

Nice resolutions! My own resolutions are quite a bit more practical and not character based, but here goes:

Cook more for me and my girlfriend, eat healthier, workout more, and pay off my debts!!

RE: New Year's Resolutions! - Hyper - 12-26-2017

2017 was the roughest year I have ever endured:
- roommate died in front of me due to old age and heart attack
- got laid off from my ideal job which I make middle class wages
- relocated to Montana thanks to my friend helping me out, however the wage is in the lower end
- got 2 of my teeth pulled due to cavity, plus some doctors advised on my health (blood pressure is not in the healthy range)
- one speeding ticket and one non-fault car accidents this year, my insurance rate skyrocketed
- have to get rid of my SUV due to maintenance cost

I have a good feeling that 2018 is a good year by settings realistic goals:
- do at least 100 jumping jacks everyday
- tune up my "new" car
- get a job with $35k minimum salary, possibly moving back to Texas
- invest more DogeCoins (it is rising while BitCoin bubble is unstable)
- build more credit by getting a credit card
- get all of my teeth fixed
- drive with more care

Also goals that are not too realistic:
- produce at least one Mario fangame
- produce at least one indie game, my main focus is the Cops sequel
- learn how to port custom music from MIDIs I made to SMW
- learn python
- start a web hosting company with a reseller server

That's about it, I want to be more down to earth and responsible. Being an independent 24 years old man is not easy nowadays I tell you what.

RE: New Year's Resolutions! - Zero Kirby - 12-28-2017

Start getting out and meeting people. I haven't been doing any get togethers quite like back in Seattle and I'd like to get into a new gaming group.

Start going to school again. And try to maintain my review blog a lot more!

Maybe even write something, I don't know.

RE: New Year's Resolutions! - Friendly Dictator - 12-28-2017

actually make a game of some sort this year

RE: New Year's Resolutions! - Turly Gang - 12-28-2017

My new year's resolution is to try and make another major leap forwards in terms of my artistic abilities. I'm always improving...slightly, but it's been a long time since I've really pushed myself to raise the bar bigtime. Heck, who knows; maybe I'll even try and pick up digital painting, as much as I dread the notion.

RE: New Year's Resolutions! - Mariotroid - 12-29-2017

(12-28-2017, 08:20 PM)Friendly Dictator Wrote: actually make a game of some sort this year

I have a similar want. I really hope I get my butt to it! Build some prototypes and work hard!

RE: New Year's Resolutions! - SonicZetrex - 12-29-2017

My new year resolution is each of these followings:

~ Have great knowledge of game programming and tips of pixel art.
~ Be the best memorable angel (being) I ever wanted to be.
~ Become a great animator and a great game developer/ programmer.
~ Pursue towards my dream (Best Animations, Best Pixel Art/ Digital Art, Best Memorable Person + Characters, and maybe the best composer in "FamiTracker" or "SFC Tool")
~ Maybe form a team (especially when I'm too young to do so) for games and many other more.
~ Erase any scary moments and doubts and move on "permanently".
~ Make the best effort in school and in drawings.

RE: New Year's Resolutions! - RSupertheGreat - 12-31-2017

I will probably do any of these that is..
  • Act a bit more mature
  • Probably gonna start to learn how to code (even though I technically learn some)
  • Probably gonna start to learn how to make musics in FamiTracker or whatever software that I have..
  • Helping people in real life.. if I could (especially when I'm risking my own life on danger).

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.