MFGG Forums
are u a great developer? - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Developer Discussion (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: are u a great developer? (/showthread.php?tid=308)

Pages: 1 2

are u a great developer? - Nessa - 12-27-2017

how are most great fangames made? they are made by a great developer of corse.
how great are u and what is your greatest fangame u once made? shaer ur opinions.

RE: are u a great developer? - Willsaber - 12-27-2017

im probably better than most people using Game Maker

RE: are u a great developer? - VinnyVideo - 12-27-2017

I'm not a "great" developer, but I'm skilled enough that I can turn my ideas into reality (at least when it comes to 2-D games). Other people might be able to code things more quickly and more efficiently, and many developers are far better artists than I am, but I feel like I have a good understanding of the fundamentals at least.

Revenge of the Walrus is still probably the best game I've made, although Cheerwine Deluxe 3 had some moderately fancy programming tricks that I loved making.

RE: are u a great developer? - Friendly Dictator - 12-27-2017

my greatest masterpiece is, of course, mario pong

RE: are u a great developer? - darkblueyoshi - 12-27-2017

I would be a great developer if I had already finished making a game.

RE: are u a great developer? - Xander - 12-28-2017

I tend to learn enough to do the things that I want to do. As a hobby developer, that's about the best you can aim for, really. Smile

RE: are u a great developer? - Mariotroid - 12-28-2017

I'm not the best. I've made a few cool minigames, however I decided something. I'm going to learn as much as I can about dev and design before I start on my game.

RE: are u a great developer? - DustinVG - 01-04-2018

I’ve programmed a thing once

RE: are u a great developer? - Hyper - 01-05-2018

Being great at something can be very different from different perspectives. I never claim myself that I am the best developer. Instead I am oriented with realism, there's always something to learn.

RE: are u a great developer? - sc00pj0hn - 01-05-2018

I certainly started with Game Maker back in 2008.
But then, since i didn't like using GML, in 2013, i transitioned to Multimedia Fusion 2.5, due to its unique eventing system.
Then i finally learned GML in the end of 2016.

But there's a secondary hand for making games. I use RPG Maker VX Ace.
End of my game work history.

RE: are u a great developer? - Aaendi - 01-06-2018

I wish I spent more time developing skills on using Game Maker, and also learning C and C++.  I'm stuck making a Super Nintendo homebrew game because I've already spent so much time programming it, and I want to get it done as soon as possible.

If anybody needs SNES programming help, you can ask me.

RE: are u a great developer? - Evil Yoshi Toes - 01-07-2018

No I suck but I still have fun

RE: are u a great developer? - Syaxamaphone - 01-08-2018

I think some of you guys are getting hung up on how good you are at coding and failing to see the bigger picture here.

Coding is only a small part of the full development process. Most of the best coders I know are terrible game developers because they get hung up on their engine and never produce any actual content.

RE: are u a great developer? - VinnyVideo - 01-08-2018

(01-08-2018, 01:36 AM)Syaxamaphone Wrote: I think some of you guys are getting hung up on how good you are at coding and failing to see the bigger picture here.

Coding is only a small part of the full development process. Most of the best coders I know are terrible game developers because they get hung up on their engine and never produce any actual content.

This is very true. The best way to get better at making games is to make games! Don't stress if there are bugs or imperfections in the engine - you can always fix those later on.

RE: are u a great developer? - Aaendi - 01-08-2018

I have a loads of game play ideas, but the more game play ideas I implement, the more programming it takes.

RE: are u a great developer? - Mariotroid - 01-11-2018

(01-08-2018, 01:36 AM)Syaxamaphone Wrote: I think some of you guys are getting hung up on how good you are at coding and failing to see the bigger picture here.

Couldn't agree more, and thanks for the advice about minigames and making them. They are complete games and they count as that, so thank you.

RE: are u a great developer? - Arkenova - 01-12-2018

Only on the creative side and some other ideas. I'm not exactly that well-versed in animation, programming and music. ;w;

RE: are u a great developer? - SilverVortex - 01-13-2018

i'm okayish at programming, if i wasn't, odyssey2D wouldn't exist.
i'm fluent in something else though...i can't remember what...   while thinking, vortex absent-mindedly creates the world's best sprite animation...

RE: are u a great developer? - AndrewPixel - 02-13-2018

I think I'm still a noob developer, I try hard to improve.

RE: are u a great developer? - TheHappyFaceKing - 02-13-2018

I consider myself as an okay developer, I know the basics of it and some of the advanced stuff and that's big feat for me considering I was self taught.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.