MFGG Forums
useing hot water of the shower - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: useing hot water of the shower (/showthread.php?tid=329)

useing hot water of the shower - Nessa - 01-01-2018

i hav a serious question. my mum gets mad at me for using hot water whil shes in the shower cuz iit makes her shower cold. rn i hav hot water in a kettle for my tea. if i poor my tea while my mum showering, will her water still get cold or do u think i should be ok?

RE: useing hot water of the shower - HylianDev - 01-02-2018

I can't tell if this is serious or not.

The reason that the water in the shower runs out is because residences have a thing called a "water heater".

When you turn on cold water, it comes from whatever source your water comes from. Hot water, however, comes from a tank in your house that fills itself up and then heats the water up to a high temperature.

You run out of hot water when the water heater runs out of hot water; after it's out, you're just using the cold water it's refilling itself with, or at least I assume so.

To answer your question, no, that won't affect your mom's shower. Only taking water from the water heater (e.g. using the hot water from the faucet) will affect faucet and shower water.

RE: useing hot water of the shower - VinnyVideo - 01-02-2018

Basically, what @HylianDev said.

Water heaters can only produce so much hot water at a time. If you take a long shower, especially if you're also using hot water to do dishes or laundry, the shower might begin to feel cooler after a while. However, heating water using a stove or microwave just uses a bit of electricity - it doesn't involve the water heater at all.

Also, it might be wise to spell-check your writing before you post.

RE: useing hot water of the shower - Nessa - 01-09-2018

my mum still got mad at me for useing the hot water from the kettle while she was in the showering

RE: useing hot water of the shower - Evil Yoshi Toes - 01-09-2018

How much water do you need for your kettle? I assume not enough to use a lot of the hot water.

RE: useing hot water of the shower - Nessa - 01-09-2018

not much and its cold when i start boiling it and i do it befour she showers. idk y she got mad still

RE: useing hot water of the shower - Evil Yoshi Toes - 01-09-2018

So you're not even using the hot water from the water heater?

RE: useing hot water of the shower - Nessa - 01-10-2018

nope

RE: useing hot water of the shower - Evil Yoshi Toes - 01-10-2018

Then she’s grumpy I guess.

RE: useing hot water of the shower - Nessa - 01-10-2018

i kno rite? some times its impossible to avoiding her fits no matter what i do

RE: useing hot water of the shower - DustinVG - 01-10-2018

Now, it could just be that your mother is unreasonable (always a possibility) but I must say, the issue here is confusing the HECK outta me.

As others have said, as long as you don't fill up the kettle or whatever while she's taking a shower, there should be no possible way she could even be able to tell you did so. And you're boiling it, which makes the issue even more confusing.

RE: useing hot water of the shower - Nessa - 01-11-2018

im confused by it too tbh. i hate my life some times

RE: useing hot water of the shower - Evil Yoshi Toes - 01-11-2018

Unfortunately there seems to be a language barrier between you and us, so most of us aren't 100 percent sure what exactly is happening in this situation you described, but from what I can make out from your posts this doesn't seem like something to get too upset over unless your mom is constantly exploding on you.
If your mom is very angry often you should talk to her about it, or tell her to seek help controlling her anger.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.