MFGG Forums
SOLVED Graphics Clash - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Resolved Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: SOLVED Graphics Clash (/showthread.php?tid=333)

Pages: 1 2

Graphics Clash - Kirby's Adventure - 01-02-2018

The Super Mario World coins look out of place next to Paper Mario-inspired member bars. Perhaps the coin could be updated to match that aesthetic?

RE: Graphics Clash - Saltman - 01-02-2018

I'm dissapointed they don't look like tusk bucks, myself.

But changing it to a Paper Mario coin would be a good idea.

RE: Graphics Clash - DustinVG - 01-02-2018

Seems a reasonable suggestion to me.

RE: Graphics Clash - Vitiman - 01-04-2018

The theme in general could use some minor tweaking. In particular, the gaudy Offline text looks really bad, and it'd be preferable if it were an image that was made to work well against the blue background.

RE: Graphics Clash - Snessy the duck - 01-13-2018

(01-04-2018, 05:18 PM)Vitiman Wrote: The theme in general could use some minor tweaking. In particular, the gaudy Offline text looks really bad, and it'd be preferable if it were an image that was made to work well against the blue background.

Agreed. Maybe turn it into a graphic instead of text?

RE: Graphics Clash - Evil Yoshi Toes - 01-13-2018

Or at least have it be something other than bright red text on a bright blue background.
I agree about the coins, they don't quite match the other graphics.

RE: Graphics Clash - Kritter - 01-17-2018

Apologies for taking so long to fix small things like this. Time isn't on my side lately, but I'll definitely have a look at replacing the Online / Offline text with some kind of image. As for the coin, I tried making a coin in Paper Mario style but it was either too large, or simply looked blurry / not good. It kind of has to be a sprite. Anyone who wants to have a go at making a replacement, feel free!

RE: Graphics Clash - Pedigree - 01-19-2018

I personally think just a simple circle that is green when online and grayed out when you're not would be fine. Either that or use a Mario font with an outline.

RE: Graphics Clash - Kritter - 02-01-2018

Seems someone replaced the coin which looks lovely. I just made the online/offline thing a mushroom, but I don't know if it's visually interesting or obvious enough. Let me know what you think.

RE: Graphics Clash - Vitiman - 02-01-2018

(02-01-2018, 09:46 PM)Kritter Wrote: Seems someone replaced the coin which looks lovely. I just made the online/offline thing a mushroom, but I don't know if it's visually interesting or obvious enough. Let me know what you think.

A mushroom's a good idea, but it has some issues currently. Namely, it seems the image is being resized incorrectly and the bottom row of pixels are doubled, plus what appears to be rather visible aliasing around it. I also think it'd work better next to the username to avoid wasting space.

The new coin looks great, but with that said, is there any way to remove the word "Coins:" next to it? It seems awfully redundant, it's not like it's easy to tell what it is.

EDIT: It also looks like the old coin is still on certain themes, for some bizarre reason.

Yeah I considered moving the mushroom up next to the username. As for the aliasing, I'll fix it, I just bodged it up as a test to see how it looks as a proof of concept.

RE: Graphics Clash - Pedigree - 02-01-2018

Removed: "Coins"

If I moved the mushroom next to the username (left or right?) would it maybe be better to move the coin tally to below the username?

RE: Graphics Clash - Saltman - 02-01-2018

I like it. I suggest that instead of a grey mushroom we have a poison mushroom for when someone's offline.

EDIT: Quoted wrong comment.

RE: Graphics Clash - Pedigree - 02-02-2018

(02-01-2018, 11:36 PM)Kritter Wrote: If I moved the mushroom next to the username (left or right?) would it maybe be better to move the coin tally to below the username?

I think it should go to the right of the name.

idk about moving the coins, we could try and see how it looks.

(02-01-2018, 11:37 PM)Saltman Wrote: I like it. I suggest that instead of a grey mushroom we have a poison mushroom for when someone's offline.

Grayed out better conveys they're offline.

RE: Graphics Clash - VinnyVideo - 02-02-2018

(02-01-2018, 11:24 PM)Pedigree Wrote: Removed: "Coins"
The new design for the coin count looks nice.

RE: Graphics Clash - Hyper - 02-02-2018

Does anyone have objections against custom mushroom icons that fit with its respective themes? If not I will get that done whenever possible.

RE: Graphics Clash - Pedigree - 02-02-2018

Centered badges, and moved online status to the right of usernames.

RE: Graphics Clash - Snessy the duck - 02-03-2018

I'd recommend enlarging the mushroom a bit, it looks kinda blurry with it being so small.

Edit: Also, is the away icon supposed to be a placeholder?

RE: Graphics Clash - Pedigree - 02-04-2018

Larger looks off when placed next to the name, I tried it before settling with this size.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.