MFGG Forums
Charisma turns 5 years old today - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Developer Discussion (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Charisma turns 5 years old today (/showthread.php?tid=338)

Charisma turns 5 years old today - Vitiman - 01-03-2018

You probably have already forgotten what a Charisma even is! Well, it's those dumb games I made about my friends over the years. As luck would have it, today marks the five year anniversary of the original game's release, with the sequel getting released not too much later on the 8th of January instead.

So yeah, that's really it! Not much else I had to say. I just thought it'd be neat to acknowledge yet another fangame that didn't seem like it happened that long ago having its first milestone celebration. They should all still be up on the main site if you ever wish to experience true Super Charisma Bros. fun, but be warned: they're joke games. If you're not familiar with them, proceed with caution. If you enjoy the likes of Thingio or Waligie or Super Mario Storm, odds are you might appreciate Charisma as well! If not, you might not find yourself playing it at all.

RE: Charisma turns 5 years old today - VinnyVideo - 01-03-2018

Happy Charismatic Day! Super Charisma Bros. has been one of the most prolific and most memorable game series on MFGG. Who knows - if we can give you enough Tusk Bucks, maybe you'll be able to churn out Charisma 95 or Charisma NT 4.0 or Charisma Vista Home Premium!

RE: Charisma turns 5 years old today - Hyper - 01-03-2018

I am quite excited to see the result. Will HeavyFire make a return? We'll see.

RE: Charisma turns 5 years old today - sc00pj0hn - 01-04-2018

I never expected to see this celebration come out like a week after i've played all the Charisma games. I must tell seriously that i am a fan of joke games like this and it never gets old for me.
I've like played all of them in one day, and it was a thrilling experience towards the end.

RE: Charisma turns 5 years old today - Kirby's Adventure - 01-04-2018

(01-03-2018, 10:21 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote: Who knows - if we can give you enough Tusk Bucks, maybe you'll be able to churn out Charisma 95 or Charisma NT 4.0 or Charisma Vista Home Premium!

Charisma 95 actually exists; it's a build of Charisma 1 meant to run on Windows 95.

RE: Charisma turns 5 years old today - Vitiman - 01-04-2018

(01-04-2018, 03:08 PM)Kirby's Adventure Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 10:21 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote: Who knows - if we can give you enough Tusk Bucks, maybe you'll be able to churn out Charisma 95 or Charisma NT 4.0 or Charisma Vista Home Premium!

Charisma 95 actually exists; it's a build of Charisma 1 meant to run on Windows 95.

It's true! One day, I might actually release this elusive build of Charisma 1 - it probably won't run terribly well on a modern Windows machine, but if per chance you have a virtual machine or something set up and running an older 9x version of Windows, I'd happily love to know if the game works properly for people or not.

Perhaps I should make a version of Charisma 3.1 that runs on Windows 3.1?

RE: Charisma turns 5 years old today - DustinVG - 01-04-2018

Merry Charismas

RE: Charisma turns 5 years old today - VinnyVideo - 01-04-2018

It's been a few years since my Windows 98 computer was in good working order, but in my experience, Clickteam games usually ran just fine in Windows 98. I'd be inclined to think they'd run on Windows 95 as well, but I could be mistaken. In addition, most Clickteam games work in Windows 10, although occasionally you'll have to tinker with Compatibility Mode to get them to behave.

Clickteam games are much, much better than GM when it comes to compatibility with many different Windows versions.

RE: Charisma turns 5 years old today - sc00pj0hn - 01-05-2018

(01-04-2018, 09:41 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote: It's been a few years since my Windows 98 computer was in good working order, but in my experience, Clickteam games usually ran just fine in Windows 98. I'd be inclined to think they'd run on Windows 95 as well, but I could be mistaken. In addition, most Clickteam games work in Windows 10, although occasionally you'll have to tinker with Compatibility Mode to get them to behave.

Clickteam games are much, much better than GM when it comes to compatibility with many different Windows versions.

Except the Klik n Play games have to be played in really old machines (95 to XP or Vista(?)) but if you have to play them in modern machines, you have to simply drag the .gam file whch was included along with the K&P game's directory in Fusion 2.5.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.