MFGG Forums
Wart - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Wart (/showthread.php?tid=352)

Pages: 1 2

Wart - El Zorro - 01-09-2018

You know this guy? yeah, him.

[Image: 250px-Wart.png]

I just want to know what do you guys think of him yourself, because Nintendo has absolutely NO excuse not to use him in any new Mario game. He's undoubtedly the best obscure Mario character, but some people really hate him because... some reason Roll eyes ? I mean c'mon, he even appeared in Link's Awakening! Why can't he appear in at least ONE more game?

I don't get it. You tell me.

RE: Wart - VinnyVideo - 01-09-2018

The world definitely needs more Wart.

RE: Wart - Evil Yoshi Toes - 01-09-2018

I would like to see him again. It's odd that Birdo became a popular character but Wart didn't. I find him much more interesting than Birdo, and much less revolting.

RE: Wart - Andy Journey - 01-09-2018

I at least wouldn't mind seeing him again.

RE: Wart - Yoshin - 01-09-2018

He's going to be the main antagonist of my ROM hack! Though that's sadly not an official new entry for him.

RE: Wart - HylianDev - 01-09-2018

You heard the fans, Nintendo! Bring him back!

I'd love to see him. Tbh, I'd love an SMB2 sequel.

RE: Wart - Friendly Dictator - 01-09-2018

Quote:He's undoubtedly the best obscure Mario character
this is stanley the bugman erasure

RE: Wart - El Zorro - 01-09-2018

(01-09-2018, 08:06 PM)Friendly Dictator Wrote:
Quote:He's undoubtedly the best obscure Mario character
this is stanley the bugman erasure

Pfft Hahaha Stanley is literally just Mario without the hat and moustache (ok and a bug spray). Nothing special about him aside from that. 

You dare say the great Wart is inferior Soveryhappy ?

Okay I'm kidding a little. He isn't that bad ,but I think we can both agree that Geno is the most overrated one.

RE: Wart - Mariotroid - 01-10-2018

Geno never seemed that interesting. I always thought they should do a remake of the original arcade Donkey Kong. Wart is cool too though.

RE: Wart - DustinVG - 01-10-2018

Wart is a pretty neat villain, though I'm not really in love with the character or anything. Still, it'd be nice to see him instead of Bowser sometimes.

(01-09-2018, 10:10 PM)Mr. Saltman Wrote: ,but I think we can both agree that Geno is the most overrated one.
(01-10-2018, 07:23 PM)Mariotroid Wrote: Geno never seemed that interesting.
I think Geno is pretty neat but yeah, I don't really love him as much as some. Though, it might have to do with how folks see him as the most memorable new character of SMRPG, which is a dope game

RE: Wart - Evil Yoshi Toes - 01-10-2018

I thought most of the other characters in SMRPG were more interesting than Geno, even Bowser and Peach. I can see why people would think he's cool though, because his design and weapons are neat.

Speaking of RPGs, I think Wart has the potential to be an interesting villain with humorous dialogue in an RPG. If Paper Mario gets good again, I wouldn't mind seeing him make an appearance even if he would not be a brand new character created for the game.

RE: Wart - Friendly Dictator - 01-10-2018

speaking of mario rpg
[Image: 200px-Smrpg_booster.gif]

RE: Wart - Mariotroid - 01-10-2018

Nintendo should just make a true sequel to SMRPG. Staring Mallow too of course.

RE: Wart - El Zorro - 01-11-2018

(01-10-2018, 09:59 PM)Friendly Dictator Wrote: speaking of mario rpg

Pfft Hahaha Booster is literally just Wario with red shoes and a viking helmet (ok and a train as well as Snifit servants). Nothing really interesting about him.

You dare say the great Wart is inferior Soveryhappy ?

Ok yes I won't lie. Booster is the coolest character in the game if you ask me, aside from that fat cloud like guy who nobody cares about. What was his name again...?

OH YEAH! CULEX OF COURSE!

[Image: latest?cb=20100627201849&path-prefix=es]

...wasn't it?

Anyway if we speak of Wart's sidekicks, we can all agree that Mouser should be the number one candidate to make a reappereance.

RE: Wart - Mariotroid - 01-11-2018

(01-11-2018, 01:11 AM)Mr. Saltman Wrote:
(01-10-2018, 09:59 PM)Friendly Dictator Wrote: speaking of mario rpg

Pfft Hahaha Booster is literally just Wario with red shoes and a viking helmet (ok and a train as well as Snifit servants). Nothing really interesting about him.

You dare say the great Wart is inferior Soveryhappy ?

Ok yes I won't lie. Booster is the coolest character in the game if you ask me, aside from that fat cloud like guy who nobody cares about. What was his name again...?

OH YEAH! CULEX OF COURSE!

[Image: latest?cb=20100627201849&path-prefix=es]

...wasn't it?

Anyway if we speak of Wart's sidekicks, we can all agree that Mouser should be the number one candidate to make a reappereance.

1-Up'ed cause you mentioned Mouser.

RE: Wart - Evil Yoshi Toes - 01-11-2018

(01-11-2018, 01:11 AM)Mr. Saltman Wrote: Pfft Hahaha Booster is literally just Wario with red shoes and a viking helmet (ok and a train as well as Snifit servants). Nothing really interesting about him.

You're right about Wario being very similar to him, but I think Booster's train and Snifit servants and facial hair make him much more interesting than Wario.

I agree with you on Mouser, he was a cool character that I'd like to see again. Why, of all the wacky and interesting characters in SMB2, was Birdo the one they chose to develop further?

RE: Wart - El Zorro - 01-11-2018

(01-11-2018, 02:07 PM)Evil Yoshi Toes Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 01:11 AM)Mr. Saltman Wrote: Pfft Hahaha Booster is literally just Wario with red shoes and a viking helmet (ok and a train as well as Snifit servants). Nothing really interesting about him.

You're right about Wario being very similar to him, but I think Booster's train and Snifit servants and facial hair make him much more interesting than Wario.

I agree with you on Mouser, he was a cool character that I'd like to see again. Why, of all the wacky and interesting characters in SMB2, was Birdo the one they chose to develop further?

Because they needed a girlfriend for Yoshi? lol. I mean you're called Evil Yoshi Toes. You should know this.

From what you're writing though I'm thinking you don't like Birdo too much really. But I think they thought it would be a good idea to make her appear in more games due to her being more recongnizable? You face Birdo in at least one point in almost all of the levels in the whole game, while Mouser is only fought in 2 stages. It gets even more apparent with Wart because you only face face him once in the game, and that's at the final level. Who do you think people will remember more?

I mean, just look at Shy Guys. They appear way more often in the game than, say, Ostros or Pansers.

RE: Wart - Evil Yoshi Toes - 01-11-2018

I don't despise Birdo, I just think she's really ugly and I don't find her particularly interesting as she is now. I do think Birdo was interesting in SMB2 because she was just some obscure egg shooting enemy that fit that game's dream-like cast of characters. I think her prominence in the Mario franchise has made her less mysterious and therefore less interesting to me. It could also be due to her role shift from wacky enemy to Yoshi's tacky female counterpart who really wants to be sexy. I wouldn't mind seeing her come back as an egg spitting enemy, though.

Of course I agree that picking Birdo and Shyguys as recurring characters was a wise choice as they are the most commonly seen characters in the game, I just personally don't like Birdo outside of that game.

RE: Wart - Mariotroid - 01-11-2018

Birdo is cool in my opinion. She's unique. Nintendo could have used a pink girlish Yoshi style character, like they did with Toadette. Although, reoccuring is always cooler for games, as long as the character isn't oversaturated  (looking at you Mario and Peach)

RE: Wart - El Zorro - 01-12-2018

(01-11-2018, 08:12 PM)Evil Yoshi Toes Wrote: I don't despise Birdo, I just think she's really ugly and I don't find her particularly interesting as she is now. I do think Birdo was interesting in SMB2 because she was just some obscure egg shooting enemy that fit that game's dream-like cast of characters. I think her prominence in the Mario franchise has made her less mysterious and therefore less interesting to me. It could also be due to her role shift from wacky enemy to Yoshi's tacky female counterpart who really wants to be sexy. I wouldn't mind seeing her come back as an egg spitting enemy, though.

Of course I agree that picking Birdo and Shyguys as recurring characters was a wise choice as they are the most commonly seen characters in the game, I just personally don't like Birdo outside of that game.

You mean "him"?

I do agree with the female counterpart thing. However, I'd say it's good to see her more developed instead of just being a forgettable egg spitting enemy, myself. Also, I don't get how being less obscure=less interesting. According to you, if Wart made lots of appereances as a recurring villain then would he also be less interesting just for being less mysterious?