MFGG Forums
Mario 3 World - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development Showcase (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Mario 3 World (/showthread.php?tid=354)

Mario 3 World - superkingkong65 - 01-09-2018

What? Never heard of it? Well, you have now.
I found this game on my Mediafire a couple of days ago. It is a really old
game. About three to four years old. It uses the Hello engine.
STOP! I didn't even mention what was unique from the other Hello
engine fangames.
[Image: Qz2KMXn.png]
[Image: zKg4duv.png]
[Image: Qr7DgAy.jpg]
Now I know what your thinking. Wow, that looks like crap, and
you might be right but I should mention this is a scrapped project.
I do not have the .gmk  anymore, so Mario is just stuck in the
Kombat Kingdom.
There is also normal Mario stages, and a "plot."
Finally, I should mention that the game might be available to download,
if the MFGG administration accepts it.
Also, there is two swear words and some violence. So, rated M
for Mature.

RE: Mario 3 World - mrpin355 - 01-09-2018

[Image: bob_ross.png]
?

RE: Mario 3 World - superkingkong65 - 01-09-2018

(01-09-2018, 08:18 PM)VerdeBoss Wrote: [Image: bob_ross.png]
?
I just noticed that.  Laughing
I guess you can say the graphics pop out.

RE: Mario 3 World - Yoshin - 01-09-2018

does this use 3d environments

RE: Mario 3 World - Nessa - 01-09-2018

can we get a dl link

RE: Mario 3 World - VinnyVideo - 01-11-2018

(01-09-2018, 08:59 PM)sl0shy Wrote: can we get a dl link
He submitted it to the mainsite, but it hasn't been accepted (at least not yet). It would be nice to upload a copy of your game somewhere (maybe on Box, Dropbox, or a similar site) so other people can play your game - right now, people browsing on the forums have no way to play it.

I played your game earlier today. It has a number of issues.
  • The Hello Engine 3 is almost a decade old. This is a very old engine, and newer engines have better mechanics and more features. They're more efficient, too. I'd highly recommend using a newer engine. (You could always make your own engine, too.)
  • The Hello Engine 3 was made in GM 7, but I can tell you used GM 8 for this. This engine isn't fully compatible with GM 7, and opening the Hello Engine 3 in GM 8 introduces a lot of collision problems (for example, the Red Koopas stand in one place instead of moving around). This is another reason not to use really old versions of the engine.
  • Many of the levels feel very empty, which makes them boring to play. Try spicing up your levels with more enemies and obstacles - levels where you hold the Right key until you get to the flagpole aren't fun to play.
  • Try to avoid the level design gimmick of "enemy spamming" - putting a huge number of enemies in a small area. This is fun for getting lots of 1-Ups, but it's not usually good level design.
  • I think the game is supposed to allude to a "creepypasta", but you didn't change the Hello Engine's built-in music. If you're trying for a darker atmosphere, it's jarring to hear jolly SMB3 music playing in the background.
  • Be sure to add the "blocker" objects on the world map. In the current form, you can pass any level without having to complete it. If you don't know how to use blocker objects, look at the way Hello did it in his example map.
  • You included a Yellow Switch Palace (presumably accessible using a secret exit), but it serves no purpose other than being a source of coins. There are no yellow [!] Blocks anywhere in the game.

I don't mean to discourage you from making games - everybody's gotta start somewhere! At least you made a game and finished it - as you make more games and seek feedback, you'll get better.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.