MFGG Forums
REJECTED y cant we 1 up our own posts - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Resolved Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: REJECTED y cant we 1 up our own posts (/showthread.php?tid=371)

y cant we 1 up our own posts - Nessa - 01-14-2018

i make the best posts of any ppl i know here but i cant 1 up them. is there any a way i try?

RE: y cant we 1 up our own posts - Evil Yoshi Toes - 01-14-2018

Is this a joke? I cannot tell.

If it is not, then no, there is no way to 1 up your own posts and it should remain that way. That'd be like cracking up at your own jokes except weirder. Besides, the point of liking a post is to show the poster that you agree with their post or otherwise enjoyed reading it without having to type a response which takes time and uses up space on the page. You already know if you like your own posts without having to 1 up it, so what would be the point of giving your own post a 1  up?

RE: y cant we 1 up our own posts - DustinVG - 01-14-2018

The power and might of the 1-Up is not to be wielded haphazardly.

RE: y cant we 1 up our own posts - VinnyVideo - 01-14-2018

There's actually a setting that admins can change that enables people to 1-Up their own posts. But as @Evil Yoshi Toes explained, it doesn't make a lot of sense to be able to 1-Up your own posts.

RE: y cant we 1 up our own posts - GStache - 01-15-2018

Is this a joke from thou?

RE: y cant we 1 up our own posts - Nessa - 01-17-2018

nno.

RE: y cant we 1 up our own posts - Random.NICK - 01-18-2018

(01-14-2018, 02:37 PM)sl0shy Wrote: i make the best posts of any ppl i know here

Everyone is entitled on their own opinion I guess.
There is no way this can't be a joke thread...

RE: y cant we 1 up our own posts - Syaxamaphone - 01-19-2018

Being able to 1up yourself would destroy the 1up economy.

RE: y cant we 1 up our own posts - Vitiman - 01-19-2018

if you 1-Up your own posts you go to jail

RE: y cant we 1 up our own posts - Pedigree - 01-19-2018

-If we decided to add functionality that rewards you based on your 1ups (such as with coins), then you'd be able to cheat the system by 1upping yourself.
-What would be the point be?

RE: y cant we 1 up our own posts - Vitiman - 01-20-2018

You should make it so that you can 1-Up your own posts but when you click the button it automatically edits your post to say "EDIT: I tried boosting my own popularity in a vain attempt to appear cooler than I actually am and I failed"

RE: y cant we 1 up our own posts - Arkenova - 01-26-2018

(01-14-2018, 02:37 PM)sl0shy Wrote: i make the best posts of any ppl i know here but i cant 1 up them. is there any a way i try?

The power of the 1UP should be used for good and helpful needs, not evil and selfish ones.

While you're here, you go and earn those 1UPs like the rest of us, not demand them like an entitled individual. Alright? In fact, I don't know why this topic was even made in the first place since someone here wants to be a special snowflake. I'm sorry if I'm harsh but this sort of stuff just gets me so annoyed, so quickly and this comes from someone that is usually highly chill and friendly.

RE: y cant we 1 up our own posts - Pedigree - 01-26-2018

I really don't think you should be derailing your own thread by getting into a flaming contest with other people. I also don't think you should be calling anyone ignorant, dumb, an idiot, etc. with the way you spell or type to be completely honest. I try to be patient but your posts sometimes take a lot of effort just to read.

What even is the point of giving yourself 1ups other than entitlement and inflated ego? If you like your own posts, you already know you like them. You'd just be increasing the 1up count for, I guess, bragging rights?

"I make the best posts out of anyone here"? Like you started off this thread with rude, egotistical nonsense and expect other people to be polite towards such an unreasonable request? That's pretty much the textbook definition of entitlement.

RE: y cant we 1 up our own posts - Nessa - 01-26-2018

this thread was already done. i didnt gwt before how egotistical it sounded when i made it and i got everybodys point. then after the fact arkenova got triggered and and had to revive the thread just to be rude after 4 million other people said the same thing after the thread was already a die
aaaaand just cause i shouldnt expect politeness doesnt mean rudeness should be condoned. youre excusing arkenovas rudeness while punishing mine? that makes u a hypocrisy

this thread can be gone now. its become another round of everybodys favorite game on mfgg called lets flame Sloshy then make her the badguy for flaming back

RE: y cant we 1 up our own posts - Zero Kirby - 01-26-2018

I'm just gonna lock this before anything worse happens. I think the original issue has been resolved at this point.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.