MFGG Forums
Are you a hardcore gamer? - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Are you a hardcore gamer? (/showthread.php?tid=385)

Are you a hardcore gamer? - Mariotroid - 01-18-2018

Just a quick question: do you guys love playing games for hours on end to the point that you become competitive? I'm not a hardcore gamer and never have been, though I know a few friends who are or have been. So people of MFGG, are you a hardcore competitive video game player?

RE: Are you a hardcore gamer? - Friendly Dictator - 01-18-2018

oh god no

RE: Are you a hardcore gamer? - Evil Yoshi Toes - 01-19-2018

Not at all.

RE: Are you a hardcore gamer? - Andy Journey - 01-19-2018

Nope.

RE: Are you a hardcore gamer? - VinnyVideo - 01-19-2018

I lack the time and motivation to strive to be the "best player ever" at any video game.

If you race me head-to-head in Mario Kart, I'm not going to hold anything back, but I'm also not going to devote my life to achieving video game greatness.

RE: Are you a hardcore gamer? - HylianDev - 01-19-2018

It sucks that the term "hardcore gamer" has fallen out of favor. It used to be an identifier, but now some people shun it like it means you're a mtn dew-drinking neckbeard lol.

I would play more video games if I had more time. Sadly, I do not Sad

RE: Are you a hardcore gamer? - DustinVG - 01-19-2018

I wouldn't say so, but some friendly competition is definitely very fun for me.

RE: Are you a hardcore gamer? - Kritter - 01-19-2018

My wife and I were once part of a hardcore raiding guild back in the day, we'd stay up until all hours of the morning trying to clear raid bosses and so on, but we eventually quit and went casual and the guild ended up disbanding not long after. That's probably the only example of being "hardcore" about something.

RE: Are you a hardcore gamer? - Arkenova - 01-26-2018

Well, used to be but since I'm older, I hardly do any real gaming since I'm preoccupied with other stuff.

RE: Are you a hardcore gamer? - Saltman - 01-26-2018

Not at all. I like the games more when I don't go crazy about being the best player in any of them. I only care about enjoying them, really.

RE: Are you a hardcore gamer? - Merit Celaire - 01-26-2018

Hardcore gamer? Pfffttt... yeah, right. I'm into FAMILY STYLE games a WHOLE lot more. Those are much better for me. That's why I've always been a Super Mario game series fan since day one.

RE: Are you a hardcore gamer? - DustinVG - 01-26-2018

(01-26-2018, 04:19 PM)Merit Celaire Wrote: Hardcore gamer? Pfffttt... yeah, right. I'm into FAMILY STYLE games a WHOLE lot more. Those are much better for me. That's why I've always been a Super Mario game series fan since day one.

If you just play Mario, you're casual. If you play Champion's Road, you're hardcore. Wink

RE: Are you a hardcore gamer? - FieryExplosion - 01-27-2018

I've never really described myself as a "hardcore" gamer. The thing is, my motivation tends to fluctuate. While sometimes I'll play a single game for days on end, other times I'll take several months long breaks for it until I remember it actually exists.

I also tend to play some far more casual games and play far more casually in general. I've never been one for Pokemon's competitive scene, nor really trying to 100% complete games such as Persona 3 and Kingdom Hearts. I'll play the way I like it, and that works best for me.

'Course, that's unless I'm playing a collectathon. In that case? Gimme all the Power Moons and Time Pieces.

RE: Are you a hardcore gamer? - Amine Retro - 01-27-2018

I sometimes get competitive when i'm with a friend of mine or so, playing mario kart or other games like that. And that's about it.

RE: Are you a hardcore gamer? - Vitiman - 01-27-2018

I'm a softcore gamer

RE: Are you a hardcore gamer? - Hyper - 01-27-2018

The only thing hard core I have beat is I Wanna Be The Guy back in 2011. Ever since that I become a casual gamer.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.