MFGG Forums
Monthly Featured Fangames - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Monthly Featured Fangames (/showthread.php?tid=390)

Monthly Featured Fangames - Snessy the duck - 01-20-2018

So, I have an idea. Why not have Monthly Featured Fangames? It could basically be a monthly version of 30 Games on MFGG Worth Playing, in that it would be focused entirely on MFGG fangames and wouldn't necessarily have to focus on games released in the month, unlike Game of the Month. It's kinda like the Featured Worlds page from SMBX.org, except for MFGG fangames instead of SMBX episodes. I think this could be a pretty cool way to give some overlooked fangames some time in the spotlight.

RE: Monthly Featured Fangames - VinnyVideo - 01-20-2018

I like this idea.

RE: Monthly Featured Fangames - Minerador Slime - 01-20-2018

Nice idea, but isn't 30 games per month a little too much? We would run out of good fangames to show in some months.
I think maybe 5 or less games per month would be better.

RE: Monthly Featured Fangames - Evil Yoshi Toes - 01-20-2018

Yeah, I think even around 3 games might be best. 30 good games per month will run us out of good games pretty quickly.

RE: Monthly Featured Fangames - Snessy the duck - 01-20-2018

(01-20-2018, 11:47 AM)Minerador Slime Wrote: Nice idea, but isn't 30 games per month a little too much? We would run out of good fangames to show in some months.
I think maybe 5 or less games per month would be better.

I was thinking 1 game would be featured per month, like how it is on the SMBX.org Featured Worlds page, but looking back I probably didn't make that very clear in the op.

RE: Monthly Featured Fangames - Pedigree - 01-20-2018

the only problem with this suggestion: who gets to choose the featured game

I can see arguments for both having staff pick it or having the community pick it.

RE: Monthly Featured Fangames - The Dark Warrior - 01-20-2018

IIRC we already have been doing this in the last incarnation of the MFGG forums.

RE: Monthly Featured Fangames - Snessy the duck - 01-21-2018

(01-20-2018, 02:54 PM)Pedigree Wrote: the only problem with this suggestion: who gets to choose the featured game

I can see arguments for both having staff pick it or having the community pick it.

I'm thinking the staff will pick it, like how it's done with the Featured Worlds page on SMBX.org.

(01-20-2018, 03:40 PM)SF: The Dark Warrior Wrote: IIRC we already have been doing this in the last incarnation of the MFGG forums.

You must be thinking about Game of the Month. That didn't focus specifically on fangames and only featured games from that month. My idea will be focused exclusively on fangames and can include any MFGG fangame, not just ones from the past month.

RE: Monthly Featured Fangames - Pedigree - 03-01-2018

I think the best thing to do is have members submit nominations for the featured games of the month and the staff will deliberate and pick 3 to feature from the nominations. Ideally a game that was already featured doesn't get featured twice, etc.

Yay/nay?

RE: Monthly Featured Fangames - VinnyVideo - 03-01-2018

@Pedigree That might be a good way to do it.

RE: Monthly Featured Fangames - Snessy the duck - 03-17-2018

(03-01-2018, 05:04 PM)Pedigree Wrote: I think the best thing to do is have members submit nominations for the featured games of the month and the staff will deliberate and pick 3 to feature from the nominations. Ideally a game that was already featured doesn't get featured twice, etc.

Yay/nay?

That sounds good.

RE: Monthly Featured Fangames - OssieTheOstrich - 03-17-2018

So, when is this going to happen?

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.