MFGG Forums
Thinking about selling my Wii to get a 3DS/2DS - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Thinking about selling my Wii to get a 3DS/2DS (/showthread.php?tid=399)

Thinking about selling my Wii to get a 3DS/2DS - Saltman - 01-22-2018

Crap. I created the same thread twice. delete the other one please.

Idk guys...

I remember how excited I was when I first got this thing, but as of now... games are being really hard to get. Prices are insanely high too. Gamecube stuff would be really expensive to buy too. Then there's also the Wii Shop which is about to shut down in a month, more or less.

So that's why I'm thinking about doing this, really. Besides, some games in the 3DS library also seem interesting! Mario & Luigi games, Wario Land/Ware games, Yoshi's Island games, Donkey Kong games, etc. Never had a Portable console in my life so I've never even played any of these! 3DS/2DS games also are in more quantity around here (though some of them aren't any cheaper still). 

On the other hand, that would also mean sacrificing Mario Galaxy, Mario Sunshine, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, Metroid Prime, Smooth Moves and other games that, while excellent, are still not in my possession and are pretty damn expensive.

This is risky. What do you think?

RE: Thinking about selling my Wii to get a 3DS/2DS - Fun With Despair - 01-22-2018

Unfortunately, you're not going to get anywhere near the price of a 3DS for a used Wii.

They sell for like $20.

RE: Thinking about selling my Wii to get a 3DS/2DS - Saltman - 01-22-2018

(01-22-2018, 08:40 PM)Nagito Komaeda Wrote: Unfortunately, you're not going to get anywhere near the price of a 3DS for a used Wii.

They sell for like $20.

That's odd. around here 2ds are priced the same as a used Wii.

RE: Thinking about selling my Wii to get a 3DS/2DS - Evil Yoshi Toes - 01-22-2018

I think the GC/Wii library is much better than that of the DS/3DS. That said, a console is no use if you can't buy games for it. Do you not have access to eBay where you live?

RE: Thinking about selling my Wii to get a 3DS/2DS - Saltman - 01-22-2018

(01-22-2018, 09:08 PM)Evil Yoshi Toes Wrote: I think the GC/Wii library is much better than that of the DS/3DS. That said, a console is no use if you can't buy games for it. Do you not have access to eBay where you live?

Not at all. There are alternatives, but not even them are able to give me Wii games without an insane price, excluding a few ones like Mario Kart Wii, or Mario Super Sluggers.

3DS games... are kind of better with this. Fortunately various games do it, while others don't (plus, there's the eshop to consider. That would be a huge advantage, I think). There are also more stores that sell them, even though the prices aren't super different.

RE: Thinking about selling my Wii to get a 3DS/2DS - Zero Kirby - 01-23-2018

(01-22-2018, 08:42 PM)Saltman Wrote: That's odd. around here 2ds are priced the same as a used Wii.

You're not getting that much money for your Wii, though. Companies gotta make a profit.

The 3DS has a multitude of solid titles that are definitely worth checking out. I would recommend going the extra mile and investing in a New 3DS  / New 2DS. This'll give you access to Xenoblade Chronicles, one of those super-rare (and super-fantastic - this is coming from someone who doesn't even like most JRPGs) Wii games that is now readily available for the 3DS and can also just be directly downloaded so you shouldn't need to worry too much about over-inflated prices. You can also get some choice SNES games like the Donkey Kong Country trilogy, Super Metroid, and A Link to the Past. The New 2DS also has a clamshell design which is much much better than the original 2DS.

On top of that you've got Smash 4, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, every Ace Attorney game is now downloadable aside from the Investigations games, Donkey Kong Country Returns (with extra levels!), Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, Metroid: Samus Returns, Kirby Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot, Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Snake Eater 3D - along with any old DS titles you can find which there's a damn fine selection of as well.

RE: Thinking about selling my Wii to get a 3DS/2DS - Mariotroid - 01-24-2018

I would say go with the 3DS- at least you have games you can download on the E shop.

RE: Thinking about selling my Wii to get a 3DS/2DS - Saltman - 01-26-2018

Alright guys. I'll guess I'll try to afford for it instead, rather than just selling the Wii and end up having nothing.

@Zero Kirby Thanks. Didn't even know the 2ds was backwards compatible with DS games (well nobody told when I talked about it a while ago so I completely ignored it lol)! Surprisingly, I just found out DS games are ridicolously cheap (at least used cartridges). Probably the cheapest out of any Nintendo console!

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.