MFGG Forums
WIP All-New! Super Mario World - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development Showcase (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: WIP All-New! Super Mario World (/showthread.php?tid=405)

Pages: 1 2

All-New! Super Mario World - SuperFly - 01-24-2018

Mario is back! Save the princess again from the clutches of bowser and his wicked minions in an all-new adventure!!! 

[Image: KWpzzkD.png]

Video:

Subscribe to my channel for Updates!

Art:

The game will feature a gorgeous colorful aesthetic and i'll be doing most the artwork for the game myself.

Gameplay:

ANSMW will play like your standard 2D mario game with gameplay mechanics from previous mario 2D games. Including SMW, SMB 3, SMB 2, and NSMB. 
The engine will use Gatete Mario Engine Anniversary Edition as it's base.

Worlds:

9 worlds were planned for the full release with 80+ levels planned, so far only 1 world will be playable in the final demo.

Playable Characters:

Mario will be a playable character obviously and maybe Luigi as well with Yoshi as an assist like in smw.

[Image: tRX4Kjl.png]

Demo:

The final demo will include the first world with 10+ levels. 

1-0: Peach's Palace

1-1: Super Block Road

1-2: Quartz Cavern

1-3: Super Block Road 2

1-4: Tower of Terror

1-5: Grass Hilltops

1-6: Toadstool Heights

1-7: Chocolate Mountain

1-8: Rocky Road Beach

1-9: Castle Koopa

1-A: Minigame House

1-C: Toad's Item House

1-B: Super Switch Palace

1-D: Yoshi's Hut

Download:

This is a PRE-DEMO before the actual full demo and only 1 level is playable.

https://mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&param=02&c=2&id=34180

RE: All-New! Super Mario World - VinnyVideo - 01-24-2018

I enjoyed the graphics and the musical choices in the demo. I'd think about making it a bit shorter, though - unless you have a lot of people helping you, it's going to take a long time to make 80+ levels.

RE: All-New! Super Mario World - SuperFly - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 10:56 AM)VinnyVideo Wrote: I enjoyed the graphics and the musical choices in the demo. I'd think about making it a bit shorter, though - unless you have a lot of people helping you, it's going to take a long time to make 80+ levels.

You're right it's going to take a long time to complete 80+ levels. But that's the goal I set, so i'm going for it.

I may along the way recruit people to design levels just to cut down on development time.

RE: All-New! Super Mario World - OssieTheOstrich - 03-31-2018

Why are Mario and Luigi's noses red?

RE: All-New! Super Mario World - Evil Yoshi Toes - 03-31-2018

Some parts of the face tend to be more red, like the nose and cheeks, which he exaggerated in his sprites. I think it looks cute and plays along nicely with the vibrancy of the entire game.

RE: All-New! Super Mario World - OssieTheOstrich - 03-31-2018

(03-31-2018, 12:38 PM)Evil Yoshi Toes Wrote: Some parts of the face tend to be more red, like the nose and cheeks, which he exaggerated in his sprites. I think it looks cute and plays along nicely with the vibrancy of the entire game.
It looks kinda off putting.

RE: All-New! Super Mario World - Evil Yoshi Toes - 03-31-2018

I agree that in the pictures of the blown up sprites in the OP the transition from the face color to the red of the nose is a bit drastic, but looking at the sprites in-game where they aren't blown up so large it looks good to me. Bringing a little bit of the red to the cheeks could help tie it in better, though.

RE: All-New! Super Mario World - OssieTheOstrich - 04-14-2018

It kinda looks like Mario and Luigi got their noses stung by bees.

RE: All-New! Super Mario World - bigpotato - 04-14-2018

That is a gorgeous set of graphics you've got there! I'll only caution you of shading green objects with brown. It's sort of atypical in hueshifting, and pulling it off requires some finesse. A blueish green would better suit the style.

RE: All-New! Super Mario World - Yrr - 04-14-2018

I have a minor complaint just from watching the video.

Mario sits so far forward in the camera, two-thirds of the screen are dedicated to space that is of no interest to the player as they have already passed it!

Mario should sit at the first third of the screen so that the majority of the screen space is dedicated to areas the player needs to see.

Further I think you should slow down the animated background objects and lessen their focus as currently they are somewhat distracting from the actual game elements.

(also it looks like mario and luigi forgot to shave)

RE: All-New! Super Mario World - SuperFly - 04-17-2018

Thank you guys for the feedback! My fan game is currently on hiatus until the updated engine is released, which shouldn't be too long because it's almost finished.

RE: All-New! Super Mario World - SuperFly - 07-18-2019

Just an update folks this project is not dead, it's still being worked on, slowly.
I want to get a new demo out before this year ends, it will feature the whole first world to play through.

Anyway, here are some preview screenshots of the levels i'll be showcasing in a video next week. Stay tuned!!! 

(Work in Progress)
[Image: 7t3ptUh.png]

[Image: p6d79Yt.png]

[Image: 3XpDeV9.png]

RE: All-New! Super Mario World - Evil Yoshi Toes - 07-18-2019

Nice! I really like the red nose thing you've got going on. It's a weird method of distinguishing your fan game, but it works! Glad this isn't dead, it's a really pretty game.

RE: All-New! Super Mario World - King Piranha Plant - 07-18-2019

Ohhh it's super colorful and pretty, I dig it! I will say the music, to me, doesn't really all go together or fit in with the visuals well. Like it's so aggressive and booming on the Bowser letter, then suddenly so calm and relaxing on the map, then suddenly zany and loud again when you start the level. The pastel visuals kinda call for something softer and more laid back or retro. But at the same time, that spastic music choice is kind of charming and fangame-y so I still love it regardless, haha.

Also 80+ levels sounds ambitious, hopefully it's fun to work on and eventually gets finished!  Big Grin

RE: All-New! Super Mario World - RetroRespecter - 07-21-2019

This asthetic is still cute. I'll give it a shot. By the way, are the Koopalings in this game?

RE: All-New! Super Mario World - EDGE - 07-22-2019

I remember when I started doing my first tileset and first fangame I had a similar graphic and game idea but never actually got far.
This looks great, I haven't played a fangame in years. I'm gonna have to borrow my Wife's computer and download the demo.
Keep up the great work!

RE: All-New! Super Mario World - GeneralGuy - 07-22-2019

Wow, this fan-game looks phenomenal! The graphics and gameplay both look extremely top-notch. Excellent job so far, SuperFly!

RE: All-New! Super Mario World - SuperFly - 07-26-2019

Like I promised here's a new video showcasing the second level of my game. Had a lot of fun making it. Watch and stay tuned, there's more to come!

RE: All-New! Super Mario World - The Dark Warrior - 07-26-2019

You didn't really address Yrr's feedback with the screen real estate on how Mario should be towards the center left instead of being far to the right where its hard to see whats up ahead.

RE: All-New! Super Mario World - Mors - 07-27-2019

(07-26-2019, 10:41 PM)The Dark Warrior Wrote: You didn't really address Yrr's feedback with the screen real estate on how Mario should be towards the center left instead of being far to the right where its hard to see whats up ahead.

Yeah that camera is... still not very good.

Love the graphics tho! This is one of the prettiest Mario fangames I've ever seen.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.