MFGG Forums
DONE Allow fangames from all Nintendo properties - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Resolved Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: DONE Allow fangames from all Nintendo properties (/showthread.php?tid=406)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Allow fangames from all Nintendo properties - Mors - 01-31-2018

From what I remember this has to be the 4th time this idea was suggested.

And yea I support it as well.

RE: Allow fangames from all Nintendo properties - Mr. Yoshbert - 02-01-2018

I am also for this.
(01-27-2018, 11:28 PM)Dustinvgmaster Wrote: I think I'm for this on a base level, though exactly how we'd want to do it is another story.
Not to mention when.  Should this focus switch happen before or after MFGG3/lumaSMS is complete?

RE: Allow fangames from all Nintendo properties - Kritter - 02-01-2018

It'd be kind of foolish to do it before I think, mainly because I don't think the current site infrastructure was built to handle it, not to mention there's no point spending time redesigning a site that is meant to be replaced.

What should be done now is nutting out exactly what MFGG should become and working towards that with LumaSMS. All of the suggestions in previous topics for the "Future of MFGG" are still relevant, but there's probably things that need fleshing out if MFGG is to become NFGG.

<-- Happy to design an NFGG skin if that ends up being the case.

RE: Allow fangames from all Nintendo properties - DustinVG - 02-01-2018

Thinking about it, maybe a sister site? Of course, if Retriever II doesn't mind hosting it.

The staff has a second "sandbox" mainsite set up, so I'm sure it wouldn't be impossible (maybe not even hard).

RE: Allow fangames from all Nintendo properties - Pedigree - 02-01-2018

I don't agree with splitting the community like that with a sister site.

Mario can still have his own section.

RE: Allow fangames from all Nintendo properties - Vitiman - 02-01-2018

Yeah... let's not split the community a second time.

Well, the idea wasn't to split the community, per se. Think of it like how Sonic Retro does it: there are Sonic and Sega Retro sites, but they both use the same forums and have most of the same users. That's what I was thinking.

RE: Allow fangames from all Nintendo properties - Vitiman - 02-01-2018

So like a VG Resource kinda thing?

(02-01-2018, 08:38 PM)Vitiman Wrote: So like a VG Resource kinda thing?

A bit like that, yeah.

RE: Allow fangames from all Nintendo properties - Kritter - 02-01-2018

Honestly I'd rather just see the site opened up to "Nintendo General" submissions and given a rename. No sense complicating something that doesn't really need it. Mario Fangames would likely still be the main focus either way because they're the easiest fangames to make and the easiest to find decent resources for. The only real change would be people could find other resources here too, and we'd potentially gain new audiences interested in more than just Mario.

RE: Allow fangames from all Nintendo properties - VinnyVideo - 02-02-2018

I don't think it's feasible to make any big changes until lumaSMS comes out. But when that happens, I'd be open to making a non-Mario section.

RE: Allow fangames from all Nintendo properties - PixelatedIvan - 02-03-2018

(02-02-2018, 11:51 AM)VinnyVideo Wrote: I don't think it's feasible to make any big changes until lumaSMS comes out. But when that happens, I'd be open to making a non-Mario section.
Is there an estimated date of when lumaSMS is gonna come out?  Confused

RE: Allow fangames from all Nintendo properties - DustinVG - 02-03-2018

(02-03-2018, 03:16 PM)PixelatedIvan Wrote:
(02-02-2018, 11:51 AM)VinnyVideo Wrote: I don't think it's feasible to make any big changes until lumaSMS comes out. But when that happens, I'd be open to making a non-Mario section.
Is there an estimated date of when lumaSMS is gonna come out?  Confused

We wish we knew, Ivan.

We wish we knew.

RE: Allow fangames from all Nintendo properties - nitwit - 08-27-2018

Sounds like a wonderful idea.

RE: Allow fangames from all Nintendo properties - Pedigree - 11-10-2018

I am reaching out to see if we still have support for this suggestion.

RE: Allow fangames from all Nintendo properties - OssieTheOstrich - 11-10-2018

(11-10-2018, 12:08 PM)Count Dogula Wrote: I am reaching out to see if we still have support for this suggestion.
By that, you mean more replies saying "Yes, we want this to happen."? If yes, then yeah i really want this to be a thing.

RE: Allow fangames from all Nintendo properties - SonicKade2048 - 11-10-2018

This is a pretty neat idea. I went over to Kirby's Rainbow Resort a long time ago and made an account thinking it was still active, when in reality it was pretty much over with. I'd love to see some other Nintendo-related things people have made.

Though, what if there's a loophole people can go through with games like Smash Bros., and other crossover-related games? They have a lot of non-Nintendo characters (like Sonic in Brawl and onward), so it might be a good idea to think of something to block those off if you so need to. Otherwise, go ahead with this.

RE: Allow fangames from all Nintendo properties - Q-Nova - 12-06-2018

I'm fine with whether we decide to allow other Nintendo properties or not, but I think allowing them could provide a benefit to MFGG! MFGG seems to be one of the few fangaming communities that still stands to this day, with many other fangaming communities having died off, such as Kirby's Rainbow Resort and that one Metroid site that used the same site template as MFGG (I can't remember the name of it). At the moment, it would be hard for one to find a place to share their Star Fox sprites or F-Zero games, for example. If MFGG started to allow other Nintendo properties, then they suddenly have a place for their stuff! If we're lucky, we might attract more people and have more activity as a result!

RE: Allow fangames from all Nintendo properties - Damarioman - 12-06-2018

I'm all for this! I dabble in a lot more than just Mario sprites and being able to show my other works in a community I'm already comfortable with would be fantastic! It'll also give a home to those fangame and spriting communities who's sites have died out or gone derelict.

RE: Allow fangames from all Nintendo properties - Shadow Administrator Drei - 12-06-2018

TBH the community isn't burgeoning enough to support a massive expansion of content and the staff needs to figure out what to do about the topics brought up in the open dialogue and get lumasms done first, IMO.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.