MFGG Forums
WIP Made In MFGG (Working title) - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development Showcase (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: WIP Made In MFGG (Working title) (/showthread.php?tid=410)

Pages: 1 2

Made In MFGG (Working title) - Nutshell - 01-25-2018

Maybe someone remembers my 2016 project called "Made In MFGG" , it was a WarioWare game and instead of the WarioWare cast I used some users of MFGG. The project was discontinued in early development due to the lack of quality and programming.

A month ago (Post from Oct 01, 2017) I started "Waluigi Malware" , a WarioWare game with pre-rendered 3D graphics featuring Waluigi. It was never published or shown , it was discontinued because I wasn't capable to make microgames based on Waluigi things. But I decided to make with Wario instead and just... sprites. 

During Made In MFGG (2017) development I decided to make this a "Community Fangame Project" , the point of reaching the final release of Made In MFGG is making microgames (If you can't make microgames just send the idea) with Game Maker 8 or 8.1 and send me the microgames and I'll import them into the game , making (maybe) the full WarioWare cast with microgames of every MFGGer , Sounds good , right? Also every microgame will be credited with the respective maker's name.

Contributors:

Action Lemon
GamerInGeorgia

[Image: j6mydd.jpghttp:]

Well , the Demo (2018) is out! 

Made In MFGG (DEMO)

Enjoy! 

Also this is a little tribute to Wario in his 25th.(Remember that this post is from 2017)

RE: [WIP] Made In MFGG - Willsaber - 01-25-2018

You may get a lot more contributions if you port the source to Game Maker: Studio, so that more people can submit for it.

RE: [WIP] Made In MFGG - VinnyVideo - 01-25-2018

I enjoyed playing this. I'd love to see more WarioWare-like things on MFGG.

@Willsaber That's possible, although there are still a lot of MFGGers who have access to GM 8.x. Also, it should be possible for someone to make a minigame in GM Studio and then manually copy the code and resources into the GM 8.x source. It would be tedious, but it would work as long as you're not using any Studio-specific functions.

RE: [WIP] Made In MFGG - GamerInGeorgia - 01-25-2018

Glad to see that you re-posted the thread. But now that I take a closer look at your post, I realize that the micro-game I'm almost done with is in Game Maker: Studio. The thing is, I didn't use any GM:Studio specific functions.

Also, are you planning to have souvenirs (probably not) or secret/hidden stages (like the monkey towers)? I have some ideas for those two, and I could help you.

RE: [WIP] Made In MFGG - Nutshell - 01-26-2018

@Willsaber 
I tried to make a port to game maker studio, but some minigames did not work correctly and the screen resolution made that "GBA effect" get lost.
(By the GBA effect I mean the "blurry pixels", the image rotation is clean un Game maker studio, and the image scaling feels soo clean too.

@GamerInGeorgia I'll try to port It (again) into Game maker studio, but you can export the game into .gmk. Also I have plans for souvenirs, dlcs, and many other secrets... 
Edit: The demo released at the main site is fully programmed to load "dlcs". ¿How it works? Well... It's a mistery right now... Heh, heh, heh...

RE: [WIP] Made In MFGG - Nutshell - 03-11-2018

Today I bring you a new update of the game

Made In MFGG - 11.03.2018 DEMO

Nothing new, but it's a lot better.

Special Thanks to: @GamerInGeorgia , @Action Lemon

RE: Made In MFGG - littlelum - 03-11-2018

I think I asked in the other thread, but what are the specifications for the games?

RE: Made In MFGG - Nutshell - 03-24-2018

Good news! I'm porting the game to Game Maker Studio 1.4!

Also, I decided something... The Game Maker Studio version will use my "art" instead of sprites.
@littlelum Since the game is going to take a different direction, at this point I can't show the room specifications.

RE: Made In MFGG - GamerInGeorgia - 03-24-2018

So, then, you're going to redraw everything? Including the micro-games?

RE: Made In MFGG - Nutshell - 03-25-2018

(03-24-2018, 10:29 PM)GamerInGeorgia Wrote: So, then, you're going to redraw everything? Including the micro-games?

The whole game will be redrawn and done from zero since I'm not using the disorganized Game Maker 8.1 engine.

Also, instead of "Made In MFGG" I'm thinking in other title for the game... "WarioWare.net" is a good option, because many people didn't know that WarioWare, in Japan is "Made In Wario" so they never think it is a WarioWare game. But in other way, "WarioWare.net" can give more confussion since it is not a website, well, actually you can buy the domain for 4820$.

I had planned for the Game Maker 8.1 version that the Wario stage will be mouse focused, and the Jimmy stage will be focused on Keyboard. In this new version, Wario stage will have mouse, keyboard and keyboard+mouse, like in WarioWare Smooth Moves, an indication of what you need to use will appear before the beginning of every micro-game.

Some progress:
[Image: avakh.jpg]

RE: Made In MFGG - GamerInGeorgia - 03-25-2018

I like this new approach, but what about submissions? Like my submission, for example, will you redraw it? And what about future submissions? Can they be sprites? Or would you prefer them to be drawn?

RE: Made In MFGG - VinnyVideo - 03-25-2018

It's nice to see more progress on this.

I'd recommend not giving a game the same name as a Web site, even if it's a fictional URL. You never know who'll buy a domain name and what they'll use it for, and it's also possible that some Web pages might try to parse the game name as a URL.

RE: Made In MFGG - Nutshell - 03-25-2018

(03-25-2018, 09:45 AM)GamerInGeorgia Wrote: I like this new approach, but what about submissions? Like my submission, for example, will you redraw it? And what about future submissions? Can they be sprites? Or would you prefer them to be drawn?

The truth is that I have not thought about that, but for now this is what I'm thinking about doing:

The submissions may have sprites, but depending on the case, for example, a submission that has sprites in 8bit of Mario and is inspired by the original game, I will surely leave the sprites. But if you've done a submission that does not need to be in sprites, I'll probably change the sprites for my art (as long as the submission designer agrees).

RE: Made In MFGG - Nutshell - 04-03-2018

I have made some progress and I wanted to share it.

There are 8 microgames, none of them has instructions.

Made In MFGG (Studio Build 04/04/2018)

RE: Made In MFGG - VinnyVideo - 04-03-2018

The game always hangs when the counter reaches eight. The "Use the Mouse/Keyboard" prompt appears, but when that disappears, all you get is a black screen. Is it supposed to be that way?

Also, I liked the Psycho Waluigi reference.

RE: Made In MFGG - Nutshell - 04-04-2018

(04-03-2018, 09:52 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote: The game always hangs when the counter reaches eight. The "Use the Mouse/Keyboard" prompt appears, but when that disappears, all you get is a black screen. Is it supposed to be that way?

Also, I liked the Psycho Waluigi reference.

That happens because there's no more microgames  Whoops!

RE: Made In MFGG - GamerInGeorgia - 04-05-2018

Very well done. I like the new style. What program are you using to compose the music?

RE: Made In MFGG - Nutshell - 04-05-2018

(04-05-2018, 09:59 AM)GamerInGeorgia Wrote: Very well done. I like the new style. What program are you using to compose the music?

The demo that I posted here has no music, well, it has but only for "win", "loose" and "ready" that is from WarioWare Touched!

A̶l̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶o̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶m̶u̶s̶i̶c̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶F̶l̶ ̶S̶t̶u̶d̶i̶o̶.̶

I'm just going to use WarioWare Touched! music since it fits really good on the microgames and I can spend more than 1 hour for a single microgame song (Which is less than 5 seconds of music)

RE: Made In MFGG - Nutshell - 04-07-2018

[Image: 2dabs7p.jpg]
The new demo has been submitted to the main site!

This demo includes 15 all new microgames and a boss stage.
The previous version included only 14 microgames (And some of them were just filler microgames) because the counter started at 1 instead of 0.

Also...

DOWNLOAD Made In MFGG (DEMO)

RE: Made In MFGG - DustinVG - 04-07-2018

Not too bad, my good sir.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.