MFGG Forums
whats your favorite mario game - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: whats your favorite mario game (/showthread.php?tid=421)

whats your favorite mario game - strabiri - 01-30-2018

mine is super paper mario

RE: whats your favorite mario game - GStache - 01-30-2018

Would have to definitely say Galaxy (first one). One of my favorite childhood games and I still love it to this day. It felt like it had a lot more soul than some of the more modern mainstream titles now (including Odyssey).

RE: whats your favorite mario game - strabiri - 01-30-2018

cool thats a good one its in my top 3 favorite

RE: whats your favorite mario game - Saltman - 01-30-2018

Weird. I was about to ask this myself lol.

On topic: Well, I've always been a big fan of SMB2. I loved how so many of the enemies were different from one game to the other (SMB1). Must be the only main series Mario game where there are no goombas nor koopas!

If we're talking about "Mario fights Bowser and gets princess from castle", then I'd say SMB3 or NSMBWii. I don't like SMW that much, sorry to say, even though it's pretty good.

I haven't played many mario RPGs though. That's why I'm trying to afford for a 3ds/2ds. 

EDIT: I used to like SMRPG a year or two ago, but then I realized it isn't a very good game at all.

yeah thats a good one too, smb2 is probably my second favorite "classic" mario game because of it's originality..
but it's nowhere near the top 5

RE: whats your favorite mario game - Saltman - 01-30-2018

(01-30-2018, 01:29 AM)starmangaiden Wrote: it's nowhere near the top 5

Why not?

i guess i just like modern mario games better

RE: whats your favorite mario game - Kritter - 01-30-2018

It's a really tough choice.

Of the 3D games, it's probably Mario Odyssey at this point, I love it so much more than Galaxy. Galaxy had loads of personality and interesting levels, but I really love the open-ended design of Odyssey and how the gameplay isn't broken up every time you get a star to return to the "Overworld". I also like how Mario has a bit more personality in that game.

Of the 2D games it's probably a three way tie between Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros 3 and Yoshi's Island. They're all great and all different in their own ways.

Of the RPG games, I guess it's probably Superstar Saga. This game was my life for a long while and I loved it to bits when it came out. It also came out at the peak of this site's popularity.

Of the spinoff games, I think Mario Party 5 takes the trophy. That game was super fun back in the day and I think it's probably the pinnacle of the Mario Party series.

RE: whats your favorite mario game - Mariotroid - 01-30-2018

I really need to play (and complete) more Mario RPG's. Of the ones I've played, I only beat one (Super Paper Mario) so I'd say Super Paper Mario is my favourite Mario RPG. I loved how weird and entertaining the story was.

My favourite 3D Mario game is... Mario Sunshine. I know it's not very popular, but I loved it to bits. Great game. Nice that it had a story and all the memories of playing the game with friends when I was a teenager really hit a spot for me, even more so than Mario 64. The graphics were mouth dropping at the time.

This all leads to the real question. What's my favourite Mario game of all time? SUPER MARIO LAND 2. I love every moment of that game. It's great. I discovered it a couple years ago on the 3DS e-shop and just found it really inventive. The world's were really strange and there were cool unique enemies. when are they remaking SML2 in 3D? That's the real question.

RE: whats your favorite mario game - VinnyVideo - 01-30-2018

SMB3 (specifically, the 16-bit version of it) is still my favorite Mario game. Super Mario Galaxy is my favorite 3-D Mario.

RE: whats your favorite mario game - Evil Yoshi Toes - 01-30-2018

The first Paper Mario is my favorite RPG. 

Super Mario World is my favorite 2D side scrolling platformer. 

Sunshine is my favorite 3D Mario game.

RE: whats your favorite mario game - HylianDev - 01-30-2018

Super Mario Bros 2, probably. It's weird, it's cool, and my family didn't like it, and I tended to be drawn to games they didn't like lol.

When I was about 11 or 12 I decided I was going to beat SMB2. I had never gotten past World 2 at that point. So my brother and I played a lot of SMB2 that winter trying to beat it for the first time. It was a pretty awesome experience.

RE: whats your favorite mario game - darkblueyoshi - 01-30-2018

Super Mario World, because of the ROM hacks.

RE: whats your favorite mario game - littlelum - 01-31-2018

Galaxy 2

RE: whats your favorite mario game - Mariotroid - 02-01-2018

(01-31-2018, 11:34 PM)littlelum Wrote: Galaxy 2

I saw galaxy 2 at microplay today - might be worth picking up.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.