MFGG Forums
WIP About the modern Mario font used here... - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: WIP About the modern Mario font used here... (/showthread.php?tid=427)

About the modern Mario font used here... - BMatSantos - 01-30-2018

I think it would be best to use the font from this pack, MarioFontv3. At least aesthetic-wise, I think this one has a better N and Y.

RE: About the modern Mario font used here... - OssieTheOstrich - 01-31-2018

Why not use the SuperMario256 font?

RE: About the modern Mario font used here... - Snessy the duck - 01-31-2018

Yeah, now when I look at it, the N and Y look kinda weird.

RE: About the modern Mario font used here... - Mors - 01-31-2018

To be honest I've never liked that logo that much. I don't know it just feels kinda soulless and generic to me. I made this a few months ago as a replacement but I guess the staff didn't like it lol
[Image: SxhulO2.png]
It also uses the font you were talking about for the little text. The bigger one is my attempt at recreating the one used in the original logo. 

I also have the SVG of it, I can give it anyone who wants, but it's pretty messy lol

RE: About the modern Mario font used here... - OssieTheOstrich - 02-01-2018

(01-31-2018, 03:17 PM)Mors Wrote: To be honest I've never liked that logo that much. I don't know it just feels kinda soulless and generic to me. I made this a few months ago as a replacement but I guess the staff didn't like it lol
It also uses the font you were talking about for the little text. The bigger one is my attempt at recreating the one used in the original logo. 

I also have the SVG of it, I can give it anyone who wants, but it's pretty messy lol

That is beautiful! Love
WE SHOULD DEFINITELY USE THIS PIECE OF ART!!

RE: About the modern Mario font used here... - Snessy the duck - 02-01-2018

(01-31-2018, 03:17 PM)Mors Wrote: To be honest I've never liked that logo that much. I don't know it just feels kinda soulless and generic to me. I made this a few months ago as a replacement but I guess the staff didn't like it lol

That looks great! I do like the newer logo more in terms of lettering (Aside from the weird N and Y) so it would be cool if you could combine the two. Also, since Mario's using his modern design, it would be nice if the computer could look modern too.

RE: About the modern Mario font used here... - BMatSantos - 02-01-2018

I agree! I think even the 256 font for the initials would be fine.

RE: About the modern Mario font used here... - Syaxamaphone - 02-01-2018

imo the only realistic option is to just make everything in comic sans.

RE: About the modern Mario font used here... - Nutshell - 02-01-2018

The early 1999 computer looks fine

RE: About the modern Mario font used here... - Mors - 02-01-2018

i assumed everyone knew it already but that Mario was drawn by mit

so uh whoops

RE: About the modern Mario font used here... - Kritter - 02-01-2018

I can change the font, that shouldn't be an issue. I originally had the Mario using a computer in the logo but it didn't fit properly when things were resized due to the "mobile-friendly" design of this particular forum skin so I took it out.

RE: About the modern Mario font used here... - Hyper - 02-02-2018

Maybe I can make a new theme dubbed "Blue Challenger 3.0" with that logo instead of changing the logo on the default theme. Who knows.

RE: About the modern Mario font used here... - OssieTheOstrich - 02-02-2018

Wait, why?

RE: About the modern Mario font used here... - Kritter - 02-05-2018

Changed the font. I'll do it for the buttons soon as well.

RE: About the modern Mario font used here... - Snessy the duck - 02-06-2018

Is it just me, or is the new logo blurrier than the original?

RE: About the modern Mario font used here... - Kritter - 03-06-2018

I've made a new icon to go with the Paper Mario aesthetic that I seem to have going on here. I just whipped it up quickly so let me know what you think or if you prefer the old one. It's pretty bold, I'll admit that.

RE: About the modern Mario font used here... - Pedigree - 03-06-2018

I think the paper texture is a bit much, but otherwise it looks nice.

RE: About the modern Mario font used here... - Kritter - 03-06-2018

I can tone it down, I just used textures from Colour Splash.

RE: About the modern Mario font used here... - Pedigree - 05-20-2018

@BMatSantos, were you satisfied with the changes Kritter made to the logo?

RE: About the modern Mario font used here... - Snessy the duck - 05-21-2018

Also, the buttons are still using the old font with the weird N and Y

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.