MFGG Forums
whats your favorite fangame - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: whats your favorite fangame (/showthread.php?tid=428)

Pages: 1 2

whats your favorite fangame - strabiri - 01-31-2018

mine is paper mario great star offensive

RE: whats your favorite fangame - Vitiman - 01-31-2018

Catch the Mario

RE: whats your favorite fangame - Kirby's Adventure - 01-31-2018

Super Rolling Mario

RE: whats your favorite fangame - Mariotroid - 01-31-2018

Toadette Strikes. It was a great game designed and developed with a lot of care. I really do hope Thunder Dragon does just as well in his indie game development.

RE: whats your favorite fangame - VinnyVideo - 01-31-2018

Toadette Strikes, followed by Psycho Waluigi and Mushroom Pancakes.

RE: whats your favorite fangame - Evil Yoshi Toes - 01-31-2018

I liked Mario and the Sacred Bells a lot when I was around 10. I remember having to miss a field trip to go to the dentist, and when I got home I discovered that game and played through some of it and I really liked it.

Memories aside I still like the game, but I think Psycho Waluigi, the Paper Bowser World series, and Super Mario RPG The Five Pendants (I think that's what it's called but I may be completely wrong) are some of my favorites. Not sure I could pick just one, but if I had to it'd be Paper Bowser World.

RE: whats your favorite fangame - kumuhmuh - 01-31-2018

i have a few:
-toadette strikes
-abducted toad
-mushroom pancakes: mario grows a beard
-midas machine
-catch the mario

RE: whats your favorite fangame - Mariotroid - 01-31-2018

I hope people joke when they talk of Catch the Mario.

RE: whats your favorite fangame - Saltman - 01-31-2018

Super Mario 63 anyone?

I mean it's been ages since I last played it but I really loved it as a kid.

As of now, Psycho Waluigi is my favourite. I'm also surprised no one mentioned SMBX yet. It was great, but my current computer won't run it (plus, I don't feel like playing episodes and episodes forever anyway).

RE: whats your favorite fangame - DustinVG - 01-31-2018

(01-31-2018, 06:54 PM)Mariotroid Wrote: I hope people joke when they talk of Catch the Mario.

They do. And they’re also joking when they say Super Rolling Mario.

Now cue FD, Vim or KA vehemently claiming otherwise.

RE: whats your favorite fangame - Vitiman - 01-31-2018

I hate fangames that don't involve round Mario spheres.

RE: whats your favorite fangame - Saltman - 01-31-2018

(01-31-2018, 09:03 PM)Vitiman Wrote: I hate fangames that don't involve round Mario spheres.

You do realize that everything in the screen of a computer is made out of tiny pixels, right? 

Those "Mario spheres" aren't spheres at all Roll eyes .

RE: whats your favorite fangame - Vitiman - 02-01-2018

(01-31-2018, 11:10 PM)Saltman Wrote: You do realize that everything in the screen of a computer is made out of tiny pixels, right? 

Those "Mario spheres" aren't spheres at all Roll eyes .

Since you want to be pedantic about it, technically no real spheres exist - all spherical objects are comprised of tiny atoms, and a lot of atoms do not even take on a spherical shape. Since we're being pedantic here, technically atoms can never even be spherical to begin with - they can exist as spheroidal bodies, but for something to be spherical is to imply it is a solid body, which atoms are not.

But hey, I'm no chemist - then again, I never claimed I was. Let's try not to derail the thread with scientific jargon.

RE: whats your favorite fangame - Mariotroid - 02-01-2018

I wonder if matter could ever be Absolute Zero. In any possibile way. Probably not. Google this? Google this.

I mean, if matter is absolute Zero it would be solid wouldn't it?

Anyway, getting off topic. I also really liked Metroid Prime 2D tech demo that was released ages ago. It gave me hope that it would meet my expectations as a real game. (The question wasn't MARIO fangame after all.)

Wait a minute!! AM2R. Yep. AM2R IS MY FAVOURITE FANGAME!!!

RE: whats your favorite fangame - OssieTheOstrich - 02-01-2018

If your talking about Mario fan-games, its Super Mario Bros Dimensions (Though i'm stuck on it I:I).
If your talking about non-Mario fan-games, then its Sonic Before the Sequel or Sonic After the Sequel.

RE: whats your favorite fangame - Snessy the duck - 02-01-2018

I'd probably say SMBX, Mega Man Maker and MaGMML2

RE: whats your favorite fangame - Zero Kirby - 02-01-2018

Ordinarily I would've said Super Luigi Dreams but it hasn't aged very well, I'm afraid, and the last world is simply too frustrating for words.

Probably Let's Go! Thingio or Late Night Mario 3 for me. The former for being very goofy and silly and generally a good time, even if the gameplay doesn't hold up very well at all, I still quote it all the time (which has led to many very confused friends). The latter for recapturing that goofy and wacky feeling of old fangames in a more contemporary fashion, providing some solid gameplay with a pretty impressive final boss fight without compromising its style.

Oh yes, and Another Metroid 2 Remake. Because it's amazing.

RE: whats your favorite fangame - Mariotroid - 02-01-2018

(02-01-2018, 05:51 PM)Zero Kirby Wrote: Oh yes, and Another Metroid 2 Remake. Because it's amazing.

That's an understatment. It's my favourite 2D Metroid. That's saying a lot., considering it isn't even a Nintendo made game.

RE: whats your favorite fangame - Kritter - 02-01-2018

I can't believe how many people are spelling "Mario Land: Minigame Mayhem" wrong.

RE: whats your favorite fangame - Saltman - 02-01-2018

(02-01-2018, 06:50 PM)Kritter Wrote: I can't believe how many people are spelling "Mario Land: Minigame Mayhem" wrong.

I'd be lying if I said Mario Minigame Mayhem was my favorite fangame.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.